Forex Trading Signal 01/18/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
This is Sir Pips.

If you wish to watch the video, just click on it, and then click on "play" icon. My video version is MUCH MORE detailed so I encourage you to watch it.

HI-res.: 01-18-2008.swf

Let's first review what happened earlier today.

It was a strange week, lots of things not working well. We had a huge nice sell trigger on Housing Starts and we set lower trigger even more low than it should be because people expected bad numbers. We got, in fact, a bad number, and it was the worst one since, I believe, 1980, and Housing Starts I believe it is the most important housing indicator. The Initial jobless claims was conflicting, it came out 30 K lower so it was something positive but it should not overridden that in normal conditions but on USD/JPY we traded down from 106.80 down to 106.63 so only 17 pips, and then it reversed and completely went the other way. I took a good chunk of loss on that one. Nothing was working correctly.

Much detailed information is available on the video. I strongly recommend you to watch it.

Then we had New Zealand retail sales at 4:45 a.m. The expectation was 0.7 so we had 1.3 positive trigger so it should be very tradable but the upside move was quite limited. We did pop up very fast about 35 pips but after retracement you expected to go back there, and instead we were trading sideways. This deviation was one of the biggest I have ever seen. Things are not making sense with respect to fundamental signals.

1. Friday, January 18th, 2008 (4:30 a.m. New York Time) UK
On Friday we are going to have UK Retal Sales coming out. I would be conservative here although UK reports performed quite well in the past. Last few weeks we had a few UK reports that came out very close to expectations so the London session has not really been tested; the weird price action was happening during New York session. I still think there is a good chance this report should go well. Also, out of 12 reports, there were two 0.1 deviations that were definitely not tradable. There is also one 0.6 deviation that did not work well as it went up by 25 pips and then it went the other direction. Every other report even with 0.2 deviation worked really well with a very profitable price action, and that was 9 trades like that so it is hard for me to be pessimistic here. You can try to trade 0.2 deviation but I will use 0.3 deviation here. If the UK Retail Sales m/m comes out at 0.5 or higher, I would buy GBP/USD or GBP/JPY and expect at least 35 pips and 50 pips, respectively. If it comes out at -0.1 or more negative, I would sell GBP/USD or GBP/JPY and expect the same targets.

Well, that would be all for this week.

If news trading seems to be very interesting for you, then I suggest you to go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education and read everything about this service. It is a live trading service I provide with Felix, and I will be able to show you exactly what I am doing as I am leading hundreds of traders just like you every day with very clear strategies on when to get in and get out. As people are following my trades, they are learning how to trade the news, feel comfortable with trading and make good profits. We offer 21 days free trial so you can just try it and see how you like it.

Thank you very much, and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!

Last edited by a moderator:
how can I understand your mean

Dear Sir
Unfortunately, I dont understand how can I earn news that you say about trading, and how can I action for this news! would you please help me about that.
Thank you so much
Amy670

News Trading tools

Apart from paying the monthly fee,
1. what are the tools/software provided by ForexDiamond to trade the news? 2. Do you trade all the news listed in the calendar?
3. Typically what are the percentage sucess?

:err:

Dear Sir Pips,
THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO PLEASE READ AND RESPOND.
I am a rookie, but I maybe spotted something that explains strange behavior of the market, at least for US Housing starts, and NZ retail sales, on 1-17-2008.
Both of these signals had a revision number that was waaay in other direction. Should this not explain why the market went the other way? I watched (and participated on my demo) carefully, and in both cases revision number came up within first 5-15 minutes after report, and to my understanding market reacted logically, going the other way.
Is it possible that you did not notice the revision coming up, or revision numbers are not important and you still believe that market behaved unlogical.
Please respond, maybe as a reply here, or (since this may be of interest for all community) please explain this in the next signal.
Yours gratefully,
Brother Hilarius

whats up with the yacht DVD is there a way to track it etc. it has been 10 days since my order. i tried replying to the email felix sent but it will not go through and the website i ordered off of is no help.

Dear Sir Pips,
THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO PLEASE READ AND RESPOND.
I am a rookie, but I maybe spotted something that explains strange behavior of the market, at least for US Housing starts, and NZ retail sales, on 1-17-2008.
Both of these signals had a revision number that was waaay in other direction. Should this not explain why the market went the other way? I watched (and participated on my demo) carefully, and in both cases revision number came up within first 5-15 minutes after report, and to my understanding market reacted logically, going the other way.
Is it possible that you did not notice the revision coming up, or revision numbers are not important and you still believe that market behaved unlogical.
Please respond, maybe as a reply here, or (since this may be of interest for all community) please explain this in the next signal.
Yours gratefully,
Brother Hilarius

You are mistaken about the revisions. The revisions were actually in the same direction as the deviations. The Housing Starts were revised down and the NZ retail sales revised slightly up. Yes revisions do matter, but usually only if the revision change is as large or larger than the deviation. The short term market action was very contrarian indeed, but nothing is 100% and these things happen.

Back