Forex Trading Signal 02/17/09

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey Folks,

Here is the video:
02-17-2009.swf

Nothing to really review from yesterday other than we just got that break below 1.27 on the EUR/USD we were looking for... so next stop 1.2400's it looks like. On Tuesday we have 2 bits of news I think are worth trading:

0430 UK CPI y/y (headline) (2.7% expected) - I would look to short this one either way if there's a big surprise, if not, trade the volatility/range.
If it comes out at 2.9% or higher, expect an initial rally of 10-30 pips, followed by a larger selloff and try to get short towards the top of that initial rally for 20-40 pips of downside.
If it comes out at 2.4% or lower, look to get short with a wide stoploss in case there's some volatility and look to capture a more medium term move lower on deflationary concerns.

0500 German ZEW Economic Sentiment (-25.0 expected) - This indicator has lost some steam, so it might only make 20 pips or so intially and get stuck in a range around prerelease. I think you should be patient and wait for a pullback to the bottom of a range, then get in line with a larger surprise, but try not to hold the trade for more than an hour.
If it comes out at -15.0 or higher, look to get long on EUR/USD for 20-40 pips.
If it comes out at -35.0 or lower, look to get short on EUR/USD for 20-40 pips.

TRADE LIVE WITH SIR PIPS FOR $39.00 FOR 2 WEEKS
Sir Pipsalot has a live trading room, in which he trades these news reports. There, he shares his trades in real time, including exact entries and exits, and detailed explanation for every entry and exit. The service costs $299 per month, but we have a 14-days $39.00 trial. Go to Forex Diamonds and take advantage of this offer. This offer is for NEW customers only.

To our success,
Sir Pipsalot

Euro blues not all bad

"... we just got that break below 1.27 on the EUR/USD we were looking for... so next stop 1.2400's it looks like ..."
-
Eurobanks must have had a policy on this, even though it didn't reach the
wires. I didn't expect 1.24, or even 1.25. Actually, I just jumped on the mini
rally around 07:10 GMT, watched my position turn briefly to what the French
would call le grande merd, then took my 5 pips at 1.2646 just after London opened !
-

Chris

First of all,i would like to tell you that my english is not very good,so excuse me :unhappy: .I observe this signals for 1-2 month and am trying to understand it so i ask a little bit of stupid questions (excuse me again :) ).So..For today "German ZEW Economic Sentiment" indicator moves the price as predicted ,but :

0430 UK CPI y/y (headline) (2.7% expected) - I would look to short this one either way if there's a big surprise, if not, trade the volatility/range.
If it comes out at 2.9% or higher, expect an initial rally of 10-30 pips, followed by a larger selloff and try to get short towards the top of that initial rally for 20-40 pips of downside.

"If it comes out at 2.9% or higher" sell...am i right?Because it comes 3.0% and i took short (sell)
and on both GBPJPY and GBPUSD charts the price is growing up.Does I am making mistake or this prediction wrongs ?

Back