Forex Trading Signal 03/12/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi my dear Trader :)

If you wish to watch the video, just click on it, and then click on "play" icon. My video version is MUCH MORE detailed so I encourage you to watch it.

1) HI-res.: 03-12-2008review.swf

2) HI-res.: 03-12-2008preview.swf

First, we had Sweden CPI. Everything came out a little above expectations. The underline y/y number came out at 2.2% versus 2.0% expected; in general everything came out either 0.1 or 0.2 higher than expected. However, the price did not move too much. It was about 250 pips move which is not that much for that report. We made a small profit on the Diamonds room.

Then we had German ZEW. I recommended not to trade it so it was a no trade. Watch video for additional details regarding this report.

At 8:30 a.m. we had Canadian and U.S. Trade Balance coming out. The Canadian TB came out too close to expectations (3.3 B) to sell USD/CAD, and the U.S. Trade Balance came out pretty close to expectations. What screw everything up was the Fed surprised announcement injecting 200 B dollars of liquidity into the financial markets to help with liquidity crisis. USD/JPY shoot up about 50 pips in about a minute, and then it moved even higher. If you want to learn more about it, please watch the video.

Let's now talk about Wednesday.

1. Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 (5:30 a.m. New York Time) UK
At 5:30 a.m. we will have UK Trade Balance (visible) coming out. It is expected to come out at -7.5 B. I would use a pretty conservative trigger of 1 B (1,000 M) on this. If it comes out at -8.5 B or more negative, I would sell GBP/USD. If it comes out at -6.5 B or less negative, I would buy GBP/USD. If the trigger is hit, I would look for 35 to 40 pips of a price action. Keep in mind that 1 B deviation is pretty rare so expect a no trade here.

2. Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 (5:45 p.m. New York Time) NEW ZEALAND
At 5:45 p.m. we will have New Zealand Retail Sales coming out. I think a "regular" retail sales (NOT core) is more in focus. It is expected to come out at 0.3% versus 0.1% last month. I believe a trigger of 0.7 should be sufficient on this. If it comes out at 1% or higher, I would buy NZD/USD; If it comes out at -0.4% or more negative, I would sell NZD/USD, looking for 40 pips of a price action.

3. Wednesday, March 12th, 2008 (8:30 p.m. New York Time) AUSTRALIA
Then at 8:30 p.m. we will have Australian Employment Change coming out. It is expected to come out at 15K, like every other month - they always expect 15 K :) Actually it is great because it gives great trading opportunities. I will use 20K trigger on this. If it comes out at 35 K or higher, I would buy AUD/USD. If it comes out at -5K or more negative, I would sell AUD/USD. If my trigger is hit, expect about 50 pips price action. Watch out for an unemployment rate. It is expected to come out at 4.2%. A 0.2 deviation is a good enough to move the market well. If it is conflicting with the employment change, I would stay away (or get out if you are already in trade using the SNW). Ideally, with a positive deviation on employment change you want to see a negative deviation on the unemployment rate, OR with a negative deviation on employment change you want to see a positive deviation on the unemployment rate - such combinations would help you to make even more pips.

That's all for tomorrow.

If you are interested more in trading news, go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education as I am trading there all of mentioned indicators live. Join the room, and get a lot of education from me and other traders that are there. I post trade plans and talk about the trades as well as give entry and exit signal live while the market moves. You can try it with no risk for 21 days so if you don't like it it is free. If you find it useful, then you can stick with us and make grow you live account with us. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied but at least give a try.

Thank you and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!
-Sir Pipsalot

The video with the signal is recorded by Sir Pipsalot.
For your convenience, this text is written based on the video by Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back