Forex Trading Signal 04/22/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

I hope you had a nice weekend. There was not much going on past 4 days :)

Today I have text based signal only.

Let's talk about Tuesday then.

1. Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 (9:00 a.m. New York Time) CANADA
At 9:00 EST we have Bank of Canada Interest Rate decision. Expectations are for a cut of 0.50% from 3.50% to 3.00%; however, there are about 20% of economists thinking they will cut a less agressive 0.25%. I think this gives us a good opportunity for a 2-way trade. If they cut rates by only 0.25%, it will be clearly strengthening for the CAD and would be a great sell signal on the USD/CAD good for about 50 pips. If they cut by 0.50%, while it is expected... there are bound to be some speculators doubting that they'll put out a drastic cut, so it will give us a nominal/weak buying opportunity on USD/CAD that should be good for 40 pips.

Summary:
0.50% cut, Buy USD/CAD looking for 40 pips but be careful
0.25% cut, Clear Sell on USD/CAD looking for 50 pips

2. Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 (10:00 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 10:00 we have US Existing Home Sales, but I'd leave this one alone.

3. Tuesday, April 22nd, 2008 (9:30 p.m. New York Time) AUSTRALIA
At 21:30 we have Australian Quarterly Trimmed Mean CPI expected at 0.9%. If it comes out at 1.1% or higher, that would be a buy AUD/USD signal, and 0.7% or lower would be a sell signal on AUD/USD - either good for 40 pips or more in the first hour. Try to make sure the other CPI figures come out roughly in the same direction. If there is a strong conflict, either exit quickly or stay out, but keep in mind that the Trimmed Mean and Weighted Median numbers should be the most powerful.

The other numbers are expected as follows:
RBA Trimmed Mean CPI YoY - 3.8%
RBA Weighted Median QoQ - 0.9%
RBA Weighted Median YoY - 4.0%
RBA Headline CPI QoQ - 1.1%
RBA Headline CPI YoY - 4.0%

If you want to make some money on nice spikes, try Forex Secret News Weapon - they also offer 21 days money back policy so try it and see if you can grow your account that way. A nice thing about the SNW is it has not only the autoclick feature but it will also allow you to see other reports so you will immediately know if there are any conflicts, and therefore you would know if you should stay in your trade or get out, or maybe even reenter on the retracement. With a fast market moving I cannot imagine checking on-line forex calendars which are really slow.

If you are interested more in trading news, go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education as I am trading there all of mentioned indicators live. Join the room, and get a lot of education from me and other traders that are there. I post trade plans and talk about the trades as well as give entry and exit signal live while the market moves. You can try it with no risk for 21 days so if you don't like it it is free. If you find it useful, then you can stick with us and make grow you live account with us. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied but at least give a try.

Good luck trading everyone!
-Sir Pipsalot

I don't get why people say Felix all the time. It says Sir Pips or Crazy Cat....

Back