Forex Trading Signal 05/22/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi my dear Trader :)

If you wish to watch the video, just click on it, and then click on "play" icon. My video version is MUCH MORE detailed so I encourage you to watch it.

Hi res: 5-22-2008review.swf

Hi res: 5-22-2008preview.swf

Let's first review what happened on Wednesday.

At 4:00 a.m. we had German IFO coming out. It came out higher than expected by 1.5. The move was amazing but the price moved almost immediately so it seems only SNW users made a lot of money.

The BOE Minutes came out as expected so no trade here.

At 7:00 a.m. we had Canadian Core CPI coming out. We did not get 0.2 deviation on the core so unfortunately it was a no trade. Because the other indicators deviated well in the same direction, there was a very good move on USD/CAD. Watch the video for more details.

At 2:00 p.m. we had FOMC Minutes. They pretty much said they cannot afford to lower the rates anymore so I expected the dollar to strengthen; it weakened however. Watch the video for more details.

Let's talk about Thursday.

1. Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 (4:30 a.m. New York Time) UK
At 4:30 a.m. we will have UK Retail Sales m/m which is expected to come out at -0.5%. I would use 0.5 trigger here. If it comes out at 0 or positive, I would buy GBP/USD, looking for 40 to 50 pips. If it comes out at -1.0% or more negative, I would sell GBP/USD and look for 40 to 50 pips as well. This indicator tends to move pretty well.

2. Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) CANADA
At 8:30 a.m. we will have Canadian Retail Sales. This might spike up or down, and reverse so be careful. I would trade the headline number which is expected to come out at 0.3%. I would trade it with about 0.7 trigger here. If it comes out at 1.0% or higher, it would be good for the Canadian dollar, and I would go short on USD/CAD, looking for 40 to 50 pips. If it comes out at -0.5% or lower, I would go long on USD/CAD, looking for 40 to 50 pips as well. Watch the video for a few ideas how to trade it.

3. Thursday, May 22nd, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 8:30 a.m. we will have U.S. Initial Jobless Claims. This indicator is not that hot anymore but still tradable. It is expected to come out at 373K. If it comes out at 400 K or higher, I would sell USD/JPY and expect 30 to 40 pips move. If it comes out at 350 K or lower, I would buy USD/JPY and expect 30 to 40 pips move as well.

That would be all for Thursday.

If you want to make some money on nice spikes, try The Secret News Weapon - they also offer 21 days money back policy so try it and see if you can grow your account that way. A nice thing about the SNW is it has not only the autoclick feature but it will also allow you to see other reports so you will immediately know if there are any conflicts, and therefore you would know if you should stay in your trade or get out, or maybe even reenter on the retracement. With a fast market moving I cannot imagine checking on-line forex calendars which are really slow.

If you are interested more in trading news, go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education as I am trading there all of mentioned indicators live. Join the room, and get a lot of education from me and other traders that are there. I post trade plans and talk about the trades as well as give entry and exit signal live while the market moves. You can try it with no risk for 21 days so if you don't like it it is free. If you find it useful, then you can stick with us and make grow you live account with us. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied but at least give a try.

Thank you and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!
-Crazy Cat & Sir Pipsalot

The video with the signal is recorded by Sir Pipsalot.
For your convenience, this text is written based on the video by Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back