Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there my Forex friend :)

Hi-Quality Preview/Review:
1) 7-31-2008review.swf

2) 7-31-2008preview.swf

Long-term Outlook:
3) 7-31-2008outlook.swf

Let's review what happened on Tuesday.

At 8:15 a.m. we had US ADP Employment change. It came out much higher than expected. EUR/USD moved very nicely, moving by over 40 pips total. USD/JPY spiked up by 29 pips and the total move was about 40 pips.

Australian Retail Sales came out much lower than expected: -1.0%. It was a huge deviation but AUD was oversold already so the move was somewhat muted. Nevertheless, if you traded the spike, you should be able to make decent money.

Let's talk about Thursday.

1. Thursday, July 31st, 2008 (2:00 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 2:00 a.m. we will have UK Nationwide House Prices coming out. This has not been performing well lately but with increasing focus on the housing market, we might get some price reaction. It is expected to come out at -1.2% on m/m and 7.3% on y/y. If m/m comes out at -0.7% or less negative, I would buy GBP/USD and we should see 30 pips price action. If it comes out at -1.7% or more negative, I would sell GBP/USD and expect 30 pips move as well. However, be careful on sell signal.

2a. Thursday, July 31st, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 8:30 a.m. we will have U.S. GDP Annualized. It is expected to come out at 2.3% but the estimate range is very wide: 0.9% to 4.2%. If it comes out at 2.7% or higher, I would buy USD/JPY or sell EUR/USD (be careful) and look for 40 pips price action. If it comes out at 1.9% or lower, I would sell USD/JPY or buy EUR/USD and expect 40 pips move as well.

2b. Thursday, July 31st, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) CANADA
At 8:30 a.m. we will also have Canadian GDP. Recently it was pretty much ignored, and with U.S. GDP it may be ignored this time as well. I will skip it.

3. Thursday, July 31st, 2008 (9:42 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 9:42 a.m. we will have Chicago PMI. If you are not able to get numbers at 9:42 a.m., skip this report. It is expected to come out at 49. If it comes out at 52 or higher, I would buy USD/JPY and expect 30 pips move. If it comes out at 46 or lower, I would sell USD/JPY and expect 30 pips move as well.

That's all for today.

PLEASE ALSO WATCH Sir Pip's longer term outlook videos, links are always provided at the beginning of this post. A lot of people found them very useful. If you have any comments regarding that videos, please leave a comment. Sir Pips is working hard to improve our free tools so more and more people can benefit from them.

If you are interested more in trading news, go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education where Sir Pips or Magister Pips are trading all of mentioned indicators live. Join the room, and get a lot of education from me and other traders that are there. They post trade plans and talk about the trades as well as they give entry and exit signal live while the market moves. You can try it with no risk for 21 days so if you don't like it it is free. If you find it useful, then you can stick with us and make grow you live account with us. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied but at least give a try. Worst case scenario, you will learn something and get all your money back.

Thank you and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!
-Sir Pipsalot & Crazy Cat

The video with the signal is recorded by Sir Pipsalot.
For your convenience, this text is written based on the video by Crazy Cat

Last edited:
Back