Forex Trading Signal 08/07/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there my Forex friend :)

Hi-Quality Preview/Review:
1) 8-7-2008r-p.swf

Let's first talk what happened earlier today.

At 10:00 a.m. we had Canadian Ivey which came out higher but not high enough to enter a trade.

Then we had Employment Change out of New Zealand. It came out higher than expected. NZD/USD moved by about 40 pips and eventually it came back.

At 9:30 p.m. we had a bit better than expected Australian numbers but no trade here.

Let's talk about Thursday.

1. Thursday, August 07th, 2008 (4:00 a.m. New York Time) UK
At 4:00 a.m. we will have Halifax House Price Index coming out which is expected to come out at -1.5. With 1 deviation GBP/USD may move 20 pips so there might be a little scalping opportunity. If it comes out at -2.5 or more negative, I would sell GBP/USD and look for 20 pips move. If it comes out at -0.5 or less negative or positive, I would buy GBP/USD and expect 20 pips move as well. Again, this is not a big indicator - this would be just a quick scalping.

2. Thursday, August 07th, 2008 (7:00 a.m. New York Time) UK
At 7:00 a.m. we will have UK Interest Rate statement. It is expected they will keep the rates unchanged. If they hike the rates, I would buy GBP/USD and expect a move of 70 pips. If they cut the rates, I would sell GBP/USD and expect a big move as well.

3. Thursday, August 07th, 2008 (7:45 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 7:45 a.m. we will have European Interest Rate statement. It is expected they will keep the rates unchanged as well. If they hike the rates, I would buy EUR/USD and expect a move of 70 pips. If they cut the rates, I would sell EUR/USD and expect a big move as well.

4. Thursday, August 07th, 2008 (8:35 a.m. New York Time) EUROZONE
After 8:30 a.m. we will have Trichet speaking. This is a very tradable event but requires you to have a very good skills to do so. Do not even try to trade his speeches if you are new in Forex. If you are more advanced and interested to trade it, please watch the video or sign up for the trial period to the Diamonds room.

5. Thursday, August 07th, 2008 (10:00 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 10:00 a.m. we will have U.S. Pending Home Sales. If it comes out at +3.0% or higher, I would buy USD/JPY and look for 25 to 40 pips price action. If it comes out at -5.0% or more negative, I would sell USD/JPY and look for 25 to 40 pips move as well.

For the "outlook", please watch the video. Today we have everything blended in one video so this daily preview/review video + the longer term outlook.

That would be all for Thursday.

If you are interested more in trading news, go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education where Sir Pips or Magister Pips are trading all of mentioned indicators live. Join the room, and get a lot of education from me and other traders that are there. They post trade plans and talk about the trades as well as they give entry and exit signal live while the market moves. You can try it with no risk for 21 days so if you don't like it it is free. If you find it useful, then you can stick with us and make grow you live account with us. I am pretty sure you will be satisfied but at least give a try. Worst case scenario, you will learn something and get all your money back.

Thank you and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!
-Sir Pipsalot & Crazy Cat

The video with the signal is recorded by Sir Pipsalot.
For your convenience, this text is written based on the video by Crazy Cat

Last edited:
Hello...

Did you trade the nzd report using SNW? It would have been my first triggered trade that I have been able to trade.

I was wondering, because what I saw happen is that the other news report for nzd came up slightly before the one we were trading and so the market had already spiked before my 'buy' button got clicked by the software, so for me it was a trade that was well beyond price by the time I would have gotten in.

With that said, I use IBFX as my broker and they gave me an invalid price signal when that button was clicked which it will do that sometimes for some unknown reason. I've noticed that IBFX is not the most versatile with SNW, but it can work using spot buy and sell clicks. Any reason that you have found that IBFX doesn not work well with SNW?

So I was wondering if you traded it using the software or if you have other methods you use to enter into news trades in the forex diamonds room?

Thanks in advance....Damon

Last edited:
Hi FPA

hi all. I have a question.

May i use the SNW in the MBTrading platform.

please aswer to me

yes you can, but dont use market orders coz MBT will you meduim or at the end of the spike.

so trading with mbt using Limit Orders.... you may get around 20% fills.

Back