Forex Trading Signal 10/20/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there my forex friend :)

We have no video signal for today because Sir Pips is spending some extra time with his wife before she flies out to Korea for a month.

Let's first review what happened on Friday.

Friday saw some bad news out of US Housing Starts and University of Michigan Consumer confidence, but there was little follow-thru. Maintaining a buying bias on the carry trade gave some ok opportunities to buy dips, but currencies and equity markets were essentially caught playing ranges. The general sentiment coming out of the weekend is reassurance. For now it seems like markets are calming and some stability is creeping in for now, but all it takes is some more bad news to shake things up again, so it's unclear exactly where things are heading in the short term.

There was also something happening on the weekend. Because of lack of money for the bailout, to raise the funds U.S. Congress approved new Canadian border. Just watch:

As far as news is concerned tomorrow, nothing is even remotely tradable except NZ CPI q/q and I recommend skipping that one. I just don't trust it. With the rate decision coming up, and expectations running the gamut, I have a feeling any price action off that report will either be very muted, or highly manipulated.

The first news trade we are looking to focus on this week is Canadian Interest rates at 09:00 a.m Tuesday morning but this is too far away to talk about right now. We will cover it in the next signal.

Enjoy Monday!

To Our Success!
-Crazy Cat && Sir Pipsalot

Last edited by a moderator:
[url ]YouTube - Canadian border Candid Camera[/url]--> this is the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Back