Forex Trading Signal 10-23-2009

Sir Pipsalot

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hey folks,

As the Euro and GBP continue the final stages of their latest climb, I'm content to stay neutral as far as the long term goes and wait for signs of reversal since this move is likely to mature soon. Our targets for upside have been hit this week, so we're now waiting for the next clear move. The recommended EUR/CHF long from yesterday worked pretty well seeing a nice spike up to 1.5140, but if you were holding out for more profits (like I am), it's still worth keeping in play.

Stocks managed a nice recovery today, which makes Friday especially important. I'm willing to give this rally back up a bit of room and even tentatively recommend shorting into it since a short here (1094 on ES futures, which is about 1097 on S&P cash) could work well even with a 4-10 point SL giving it great reward to risk ratio. I chose to short a bit on futures here figuring if it works we'll see 15-40 points of downside within a week or so on a reversal.

In news Thursday, both UK and CAD Retail Sales came out too close to expectations for a reliable trade, but the lower than expected UK numbers did still shot the GBP/USD down 40 pips in 2 minutes. In news Friday:

0400 German IFO - I'm choosing to skip this one due to spotty performance recently.

0430 UK GDP q/q Advance (0.2% expected) - UK data has been performing very well in the last week or two, so I expect more of the same here if we get enough of a surprise.
If it comes out at 0.4% or higher, GBP/USD should rally 50 pips
If it comes out at 0.0%, GBP/USD should fall 40 pips
If it comes out at -0.1% or lower, GBP/USD should fall 50+ pips.

1000 US Existing Home Sales m/m (5.35M expected) - US news has been somewhat inconsistent lately in whether it primarily affects USD/JPY or EU and GU. Historically, this report does best with USD/JPY, but I recommend looking for at least a small amount of confirmation before getting in. If it works out, usually there is more of a gradual move.
If it comes out at 5.45M or higher, USD/JPY should rally 30+ pips.
If it comes out at 5.25M or lower, USD/JPY should fall 30+ pips.

TRADE LIVE WITH Forex Diamonds FOR $39.00 FOR 2 WEEKS
Sir Pipsalot has a live trading room, in which he trades these news reports. There, he shares his trades in real time, including exact entries and exits, and detailed explanation for every entry and exit. The service costs $299 per month, but we have a 14-days $39.00 trial. Go to Forex Diamonds and take advantage of this offer. This offer is for NEW customers only.
To our success,
Sir Pipsalot

Last edited:
Hey folks,

As the Euro and GBP continue the final stages of their latest climb, I'm content to stay neutral as far as the long term goes and wait for signs of reversal since this move is likely to mature soon. Our targets for upside have been hit this week, so we're now waiting for the next clear move. The recommended EUR/CHF long from yesterday worked pretty well seeing a nice spike up to 1.5140, but if you were holding out for more profits (like I am), it's still worth keeping in play.

Stocks managed a nice recovery today, which makes Friday especially important. I'm willing to give this rally back up a bit of room and even tentatively recommend shorting into it since a short here (1094 on ES futures, which is about 1097 on S&P cash) could work well even with a 4-10 point SL giving it great reward to risk ratio. I chose to short a bit on futures here figuring if it works we'll see 15-40 points of downside within a week or so on a reversal.

In news Thursday, both UK and CAD Retail Sales came out too close to expectations for a reliable trade, but the lower than expected UK numbers did still shot the GBP/USD down 40 pips in 2 minutes. In news Friday:

0400 German IFO - I'm choosing to skip this one due to spotty performance recently.

0430 UK GDP q/q Advance (0.2% expected) - UK data has been performing very well in the last week or two, so I expect more of the same here if we get enough of a surprise.
If it comes out at 0.4% or higher, GBP/USD should rally 50 pips
If it comes out at 0.0%, GBP/USD should fall 40 pips
If it comes out at -0.1% or lower, GBP/USD should fall 50+ pips.

1000 US Existing Home Sales m/m (5.35M expected) - US news has been somewhat inconsistent lately in whether it primarily affects USD/JPY or EU and GU. Historically, this report does best with USD/JPY, but I recommend looking for at least a small amount of confirmation before getting in. If it works out, usually there is more of a gradual move.
If it comes out at 5.25M or lower, USD/JPY should fall 30+ pips.

TRADE LIVE WITH Forex Diamonds FOR $39.00 FOR 2 WEEKS
Sir Pipsalot has a live trading room, in which he trades these news reports. There, he shares his trades in real time, including exact entries and exits, and detailed explanation for every entry and exit. The service costs $299 per month, but we have a 14-days $39.00 trial. Go to Forex Diamonds and take advantage of this offer. This offer is for NEW customers only.
To our success,
Sir Pipsalot

Thank you sir for the analysys......can i OP short on pair EU at price 1.5000??

Signals update: Oct 23, 09

GBP/USD Buy @ 1.6400 - SL: 1.6250 - TP: OPEN

Happy trading.

FXDM

Eur/chf

Thanks Sir Pips fpr info on eur/chf made a very nice profit this pair owed me big time, got it back now thanks again.
Glen:)

help

hi guys,

i'm a newbie to forex trading and i've been reading this forum for a while now to learn as much as possible. one question i have is how you guys actually trade the news items that sir pips puts out on a daily base. for instance, on friday,

quote"

If it comes out at 5.25M or lower, USD/JPY should fall 30+ pips."

do you place pending trades on both sides, i.e buy & sell? do you place pending trades +/- 10 pips or so at 0959hrs?? what's the most effective method?

the reason i ask, typically, there's a huge spike at the very minute the news is released, so much so if you enter a trade then, i think you would have lost on the momentum of the trade as it tends to stabilise from there on

hi guys,

i'm a newbie to forex trading and i've been reading this forum for a while now to learn as much as possible. one question i have is how you guys actually trade the news items that sir pips puts out on a daily base. for instance, on friday,

quote"

If it comes out at 5.25M or lower, USD/JPY should fall 30+ pips."

do you place pending trades on both sides, i.e buy & sell? do you place pending trades +/- 10 pips or so at 0959hrs?? what's the most effective method?

the reason i ask, typically, there's a huge spike at the very minute the news is released, so much so if you enter a trade then, i think you would have lost on the momentum of the trade as it tends to stabilise from there on

The Secret News Weapon

Back