FOREX vs FUTURES (currencies) ???

OzWizard

Corporal Punishment
Ok, I will now show my IGNORANCE...

I asked my E-Mini broker if they offer FOREX.... ?? His reply:

:DNice to hear from you. Yes we offer forex. We clear this business with FX Solutions. They are registered with the NFA and CFTC so they are legit. If you would like to see a demo of our forex platform please let me know. Yes, you must be careful with forex because a lot of the forex firms are not registered with NFA or CFTC and problems can happen. I feel if retail traders are going to trade currencies they should stick to futures. it is a regulated market, totally transparent and most of the currency futures markets are 1 pip spreads. :D

SO WHY ARE 'YOU' ALL NOT TRADING FUTURES???

OZ :err:

UPDATE!

OK, NOW I am doing my own research.... BABYPIPS lessons states:

Liquidity

In the spot Forex market, almost $2 trillion is traded daily, making it the largest and most liquid market in the world. This market can absorb trading volume and transaction sizes that dwarf the capacity of any other market. The futures market traders a puny $30 billion per day. Thirty billion?!! Peanuts! The futures markets can't compete with its limited liquidity. The Forex market is always liquid, meaning positions can be liquidated and stop orders executed without slippage except in extremely volatile market conditions.

WITHOUT SLIPPAGE??? Duh??? For who? The banks, the Market Makers? Not my faithful Friends here with Bastards....

I actually began my trading AND losing $$ in the early 90's with the Swiss Franc...

I love the futures market for the E-Mini S&P, but want to try FOREX... but am too AFRAID!!! ha

Last edited:
Back