• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexAutoPilot.com (F.A.P.S. Marcus Leary)

General discussions of a financial company
Hello charles

I followed the instructions you layed out there about going downloading the Interbank FX Trader..and looking at your acct. I really appreciate that. I got to take a look at how you run your Forex Autopilot. I am going to buy it in two weeks..and then demo it for one week, and then go live. I was just wondering how other people are doing with it, then I found this forum!
Is it possible to see in your acct, cause I didn't think of this then, is it possible to see how you set up your forex Autopilot program..cause I thought it already came set up, but I am guessing that I might have to set the controls myself..am I wrong?
Anyway..thanks Charles, hope I can learn a lot here..

John Hernandez

Hi Charles,

I connected to your account IBFX:

1. Download IBFX platform ( www.interbankfx.com [/ url]) 2. Select Server mini # 2 3. Account #: 26411 4. Password: park60466. But the results are not here to write. Here are the results in this account: Close All Orders in History: Profit / Loss: 139.56 Credit: 0.00 Deposit: 925.07 Withdrawal: 0.00 Balance: 1064.63 Open Trade Orders: -383.57 Balance: 1064.63 Equity: 681.06 Margin: 98.00 Free Margin: 583.06 Margin Level: 694.96% Conclusion today: Deposit: 925.07 Equity: 681.06 Total: -244.01 The account has not increased twice, is down. Please, I ask forgiveness if any of these data is not correct. Regards :)

my experience with ForexAutoPilot-Marcus Leary

I'm willing to admit that perhaps I'm too much of a beginner to really make use of this product successfully. I'm happy to say that with minimal effort on my part they refunded my purchase $ on request. However, there are a number of things about my experience that seemed very interesting to me and I'd like to share.

I had only the usual problems downloading and installing the software after purchase, with some work they were resolved. Their support desk took a very long time to reply to e-mails but this didn't surprise me, to be honest.

So, I set the thing going according to instructions that I received, basically starting out making no changes as they were described as already being set as optimal.

My impression, after watching it for a while, is that the robot simply opens trades at random. I was very interested in seeing that, after I had attached the robot to two different currency pairs, that when I manually closed one loser I became bored with, another trade from the other pair opened immediately. It seems to me that it just opens trades with no rhyme or reason, just opens them. Their advertising implies that the robot analyzes market conditions and factors and opens trades that will be profitable. It implies this, I've re-read it and I can't say they state this directly. However, this is definitely the impression one gets from their sales pitch: easy to set up, profitable immediately and so on and so on.

The first couple of trades went reasonably well, although I finally closed them out myself to avoid further loss of profits made. It occurred to me then that which one of us could not just open a trade with a 200 pip take profit target and a 200 pip stop loss and just wait to see which hit first? What's the point of having a robot do this for you? The push to sign up with Forexte ("as they are optimized to work with our product") combined with my impression that it just randomly opens trades seems a suspicious combination to me.

My last trade before I disabled it and the most spectacular example of what I was looking at was a USD/JPY long trade. (Yes, I know it says use the EUR/USD 1 minute chart but it also says it will work with all pairs. My experience on the EUR/USD 1m was the same as on any other pair and time frame I attached it to: apparently random.) This trade went positive for about twenty pips then dropped, as I remember it, a good 150 or so. (It's been a while. I've been waiting to make sure I got my refund before I wrote this.) So, I thought, why, if this thing is analyzing anything at all, did it put me in long at this point instead of short? This reinforced my impression that what it's really doing is opening random trades to earn someone else the spreads.

What really got me was the follow-up phone calls I received from some young man I'll call Nick, since I forget his name now. He said he worked for a company, something like Vanity Equity, or Vanguard equity, something like that,:) connected with both ForexAutoPilot and ForexKiller. He was very young and I ended up complimenting him on his skillful rendering of his sales script. I work in a courtroom and listen to lawyers all day. I can tell when a question is being asked in order to get information and when it's being asked to lead the conversation in a predictable direction. The direction he wanted me to go in was to offer myself for consideration to be included in a "very select" group of investors who would be willing to fork over an unspecified number of additional thousands in order to receive training on Forex in general and the use of the robots in particular. As he said to me, "Why would anyone sell you a product for only $100 that will make you thousands and thousands more? Why would they do that?" Coincidentally, this was the exact question I was asking myself as I pressed the button to make my initial purchase. But I am a beginner and I wanted to believe so I went ahead and bought it. Again, it didn't take much effort to get them to refund my money and that goes to their favor.

However, anyone considering this product would be well advised to repeat Nick's question to me. Why would anyone sell for $100 a product that will make you and no one else, including them, any more money? Why would they do that? Well, they don't and they won't.

In conclusion, I won't say that ForexAutoPilot is a total scam. Their advertising, I feel, is misleading, although not directly untruthful. It's meant to pull in suckers like me and from their numbers cull a smaller number of people who will pay them more money for some sort of training. THis training may very well be legit, I don't know, I didn't have the unspecified amount of thousands more to spend getting training on the product that was sold to me for $100. And they did refund my money. So, there you are.

Let the buyer beware and let the beginners reinforce this idea in their heads: there is no free lunch, no magic bullet, no thing that one can buy or use that will substitute for actual hard work and experience. Forex is like anything else: it will require work, experience, experimentation, continuing education and just plain old sweat equity to make anything of it. That's why one trades on demos for as long as it takes to develop one's methods. I will be on my demo for the foreseeable future. There's great promise here and I'm enjoying learning about it but I've come down from all the initial highs and realized this hobby, like learning to play music, will take practice, practice, practice.

all the best, trade on!

I also purchased the FAP, more out of curiosity than anything else as I was willing to risk the $100 to learn all I could about Forex trading & also seems to me that the robot is pure random in its choices. That said it works brilliantly in trending markets making me $2600 over one night but then losing the bulk of it the following day because it made one more fatal entry just before the price crashed. Have tried tinkering with the figures in the parameters box with mixed results because I feel the 20 pip profit is sometimes a bit ambitious, setting stop losses with smaller pip takes seems to work better, although can still generate losses. The robot at the end of the day can't benefit from FA's & Government figures released that greatly affect the markets so..... Anyway I've had much more success trading the market manually with reading all I could regarding scalp/day trading. Still using demo account after 2 months but am in the middle of having a very profitable month so will be opening a live account soon.

MattG

Give me a Break

Gentlemen,

I read all the posts with limited interest, because as usual, newbies post here without fully following directions, without fully being informed and as usual, rather than get correct information, newbies postulate their knowledge as if they are authoritative.

Here are the FACTS.

1. FAP is designed to trade one pair, and one time frame. It does NOT state that it can trade other pairs. To do so, is a clear newbie move.

2. FAP does NOT take random trades. FAP is based on 4 indicators, and it is when the 4 come together in consensus, a trade is opened.

3. Vanuity is a marketing firm that uses deceptive sales practices to entice newbies to buy their mentoring services. They make fanciful claims of which none are true. I fault FAP leadership for not severing their ties with this firm, as they are deceptive and give FAP a bad name.

As opposed to spewing this rubbish that is supposed to pass as intelligent conversation, fact and first hand knowledge, please join the Forex Auto Pilot Users Group where you can get the facts and learn to become a professional trader using FAP and FAPTS.

Finally, for anyone that challenges the validity of claims made in my live account, please feel free to view my account anytime. FAP trades begin March 30, 2008. Data prior to this date are not FAP related.

If anyome would like to reach me,please email me. cfloydii@yahoo.com

Is there a new version of FAPS released on 06-13-08

I purchased a copy of FAPS several months ago and I was reading a post on the reviews page from a poster named Vince, that he had just gotten a new version of FAPS that was released on 06-13-08. I was just wondering if this was true and how do you go about getting it. I have not received an e-mail about an upgrade of FAPS and I went to the members download page that I was given when I purchased FAPS, but it does not say anything about a new version of FAPS. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

New FAPS is Cool

The new upgraded FAPS is cool.

I love the fact that you can use it to scalp. Which works wonders during this yoyo market trend.

TK Lee

==> TinyURL.com - where tiny is better! - Terminated for violation of TinyURL's TOS

Those who are interested to know how to change the settings pls email me

BTW, if you truly want to make money, use it on its own which will get you better money than the so called FAPTS from a so called "guru" who makes a living selling this than actually trade. How much can you make with that, remains much to be seen.

Question on Trade Closure

Anyone know how to change the parameters to prevent the FAPS EA from closing ur losing trades at month end ?

Afterall, drawdowns are part and parcel of forex.

TK

FAPTS does not work

For those who were approached to buy the FAPTS pls check out the LIVE account and see how well it performs.

FAPTS uses FAPS on auto but ASKS you to open manual EURGBP trades to hedge when there is a drawdown. That deviates from the automatic essence of using an EA.

TK Lee

FAPS is cool

the FAPS is really a great EA to use.

There is a newsgroup for users of FAPS called FAPUG. interesting grp sharing ideas

But what I dislike is the moderator Charles who says he is the ONLY HONEST guru online.

People, if he is the only one, then he can jolly well earn money from forex rather than starting a group and then sending out these auto response for members to buy his FAPTS which is now $50 ?

And then he claims with his strategy will get eveyone the 1mil. Yeah at the rate I see his LIVE account move in 100 to 200 a month with drawdowns... hows to reach 1mil in 1-2 yrs, I fail to see it.

He earns more selling the FAPS and his FAPTS then teaching ppl how to make money on fx. Some honest guru he is.

FAPTS IS A SCAM !

Back