• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexGump.eu

General discussions of a financial company
2015-2020 tick data suite Dukascopy euro/usd long with Variable spread.
With "low" setting(safe w/o martingale).

Conclusions:
- Some positions stayed open with extremely low price which will maybe never be met again(eur/usd 1.07xx).
- Major drawdowns.
- No stop loss can be set.

Reaction from Forexgump.eu:
In backtest this is simply impossible News filter and meaningless, since the principle is based on multi-currency trading, that is, the robot opens several positions at once on different instruments. The backtest is able to test only one pair.

Thoughts:

1) See this page->Johan Olwage also has drawdown in live(so with newsfilter)
2) How can multi currency strategy avoid this, does anyone now?

Thx

Attachments

• TesterGraph2015-2020 tick data suite Dukascopy.gif
    TesterGraph2015-2020 tick data suite Dukascopy.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 46
hi , thx for the input but i do not trust this ea, i just scrapped it, rather a small loss than losing a account

I also used a backtest but I always had a failure what didn't happen in the real test where everything was fine. Maybe pairs work together. Already I use it for several months. During this period (coronavirus) it is sometimes higher DD but still better than some of EA where ruined accounts or stopped trading.

Well done Sgt, I started up my FG EA just before the Coronavirus scare came around. $ 2,000 acct, 3 pairs, conservative settings. It did go into a deep drawdown of 63%, but made it through and today stands on 30% gain in 9 weeks! Quite admirable and now proved itself by withstanding massive whipsaws int eh FX market!

Yes. I can only agree.

mql5.com/en/charts/11728272/eurusd-ecn-h1-mex-international-group
Try to understand the logic. It opens sell positions at bottom of waves. I would expect buy?!

I bought this EA today. Helpdesk supported me very well and the EA makes trades, many trades :cool:
For me I seems best to buy a EA that is longer on the marked with goods results. I had many EA and I see new EA's coming up but I guess they are all from the same developer. I try the MID risk setting on a life account.

Let's see :)

The EA generates a nice daily profit of 70~80 euro or some more.

DD is now 10% on my 8000 EURO account that is a bit of a worry. Anybody with some experience how this develops or handles in the future?

Google on "Martingale" and you will see why 90% of the EA's seem to be profitable, but once a year whipe out your complete balance. Waisted 2 months of my life before understanding this, all rooky's have to learn this and all pro's already know this.

Google on "Martingale" and you will see why 90% of the EA's seem to be profitable, but once a year whipe out your complete balance. Waisted 2 months of my life before understanding this, all rooky's have to learn this and all pro's already know this.
This an interesting point indeed. I noticed some serious DD and stopped the EA for some days. The DD reduced and I changed the setting to 'conservative'.I will try it for a while....
What EA do you recomment?

Back