• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexHippo.com (Matt Robinson)

General discussions of a financial company
hi Michael

thank you and as I said within MD thread can´t really wait to see the H trading at my account....
always good trading

await to have my ThinkForex account ready to have a go with Hippo. As you mentioned before they have expensive rollovers I think it´s an account for this EA. And they changed spread too.
As there are:
• EUR/USD as low as 0.7

• USD/JPY as low as 0.8

• GBP/USD as low as 1.5

Because I have no cost for vps ( normally for $18 and up) a bit more expensive rollover is affordable this way.

The other thing what makes my decision Hippo pro was an email to Mr. Robinson and yes, quick and positive answer recieved. So with your statements Ken this EA looks so damn good it could be the one for me and business. And because of Mr. Robinsons active posting over here, this should be the next shooting star. Great to be here too and guys

always good trading

Dirk,

Be very careful with this account and these people, I dont trust them. They are playing sneaky games with their commisions. Yes, their spreads are low, but I noticed all their rollover rates are quoted in points. What looks like reasonable negative rollovers compared to other brokers is really huge. Run on demo and find out exactly when they calculate their rollover and avoid it at all cost. Their execution could be great for an extreme scalper, either EA or manual, this seems to be exactly what they are set up for, but its not necessary for this EA or most trading styles.

just

read your post and I will give the Hippo a try at Alpari. I think the knowledge you have Ken about all this is much greater than mine so I will leave ThinkForex for further testing beside this. And I will use for testing, as you do, 0.01 Lot to do this. Enough to see results.
Thanks Ken

Last edited:
about

What looks like reasonable negative rollovers compared to other brokers is really huge. Run on demo and find out exactly when they calculate their rollover and avoid it at all cost.

the rollover at ThinkForex again. When does the rollover appears? I think it appears when a trade is open during end US session closing later, say the trade goes through the US to the Asian session?
Because if this is the only hook it could be a good one for all the rest of the trading windows, just avoiding this one? would be interesting for my news trading. Am I right?

hi, Ken and Dirk. do you guys heard the system call synergy_advance 2.0 ? looks very profit. it is manual system. let me know if you guys interest it. I can send those indicators to you. good trade.

hi Michael

no, I don´t. Send it please and I will have a look at it....
always good trading

Does the basic strategy use the 20SMA for directional confirmation when opening trades, it seems to?
No, the EA doesn't check this. With the MAOpenFilter set to true it will check the 50 and 100 SMA for directional confirmation.
But I think in almost all cases the 20SMA will be in the same direction as the trade.

the rollover at ThinkForex again. When does the rollover appears? I think it appears when a trade is open during end US session closing later, say the trade goes through the US to the Asian session?
Because if this is the only hook it could be a good one for all the rest of the trading windows, just avoiding this one? would be interesting for my news trading. Am I right?

Rollover is calculated when all the banks close for the day, end of NY session. All open possitions are closed and automaticaly reopened for the new day, and daily interest is calculated. This platform could be fine for intraday scalping and other high speed trading, as long as you avoid the rollover period. This is not usually any problem, I simply stress it because this is a Megadroid thread, and Megadrois does trade around these hours. If you run v1.21 it should have any problems. I very rarely, if ever, see any rollover on v1.21, but the new v1.30 does start an hour earlier.

If you plan to use this site for news trading test very carefully with very small lots on a live account. A demo will not be accurate. Demo accounts never show any slipage during news, but live accounts can slip by large amounts, regardless of the platforms speed, and an ECN MT4 has no way to control this slipage.

thanks Ken

of course I will first test ThinkForex of slippage and all this but for now it stays beside. I opened now my Alpari account for the Hippo and will fund him this week. And as I read within this thread to use the default settings and low lotsize for getting used to him and for results are the best to do. Are there any pairs better to leave outside or does somebody test other pairs right now? Interesting would be the Aussie or the Kiwi one, I like to trade them manually too.....

Back