• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexHippo.com (Matt Robinson)

General discussions of a financial company
Ken

because I do not know if they allow my post with an url I send it as PM. Because you mentioned Hippos behaviour of buying within oversold and verse visa. This article is about right this....
very interesting one

Hippo

I have been demoing Hippo 1.1 for 3 months on Go markets and it has done a fantastic job. I don't use a stop loss as I have seen the trade always retraces. Does anybody have any experiance with Version 1.3. Is version 1.3 any better?

version 1.1

The pdf manual says 1.10. I guess there is a version 1.0. I wanted to see if 1.3 is any better. My version works great with no S/L. In a week it just made $2700.00 with a 3 risk setting on MM. I am amazed at how this thing trades. No floating p/l either. 4x project show some impressive results too.4X project put in the new version 1.3 and it is doing great

Guys,

If you read the thread, and Matt's postings, he mentions that there really isnt much difference in the versions. You can get the original versions by simply adjusting the settings. Full default with a fixed lot size is the same as 1.0, and is how he still trades his live accounts. My impression is that 1.11 and 1.12 are just additions to the program, the percentage Risk managment feature and the MA and BBand Filters, otherwise its still the same program.

remember this right Ken you mentioned something about buying within overbought section, selling in oversold section, am I right? so here is an very interesting article about this:
:eek:oh:
I Don't Use Indicators, But if I Did...
:eek:oh:

always good trading

Good article, but its about typical swing trading. Buying the oversold areas in an uptrend and selling the overbought areas in a downtrend. A great overall trading strategy, just watch for trend reversals.
Hippo does the opposite. It buys in the overbought areas and sells in the oversold areas and scalps small gains out of the momentum, with a very interesting strategy and filters to confirm the strength of the momentum and use tiny pullbacks to enter on.

Drik, did you got my Email? I send to your Gmail account.
thanks Ken. I wil try to change setting for the 1.2.
hippo make great trade yesterday again. I got my most profit from EUR/JPY. this pair.

hi guys

ya Michael, just opened it, thank you.
And good to see that you are impressed by Hippos results and trading behaviour too Ken, gives me a very good feeling trading with this EA
Overall the Hippo does look very impressive, I watch the demo trading within the FPA and damn, if his strategy work in any market this is a very great one. Today I´m funding my Alpari account hopefuly the money will be in til Friday night that I can run Hippo early next week too.

alwyas good trading

I see the EURJPY settings are still not fixed on the FPA demo... Luckily it's been doing well yesterday. But this skews the results considerably and gives massive spikes in the equity curve. Compare the lot size on EURJPY to the other pairs...

Back