• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexMaximizer.com (Kevin Long)

General discussions of a financial company
theft

Same problem. I paid 150 EUROs for the forex maximizer and the advanced version: no robots, no reactions to my mails. I call this theft and robbery.

M. H

Berlin
Germany

Kevin Long fingers

Don't buy this software... it's patetic. It managed to drain 20 % of my account (Alpari Uk demo) in one week on default settings.
I want my money back :shocked:

No response

i have been sending emails for 3-4 days and not getting any answers.

I purchased this when it first released on May 11th. I've lost over 250 pips since then. I've been emailing a request for refund, and they've been unresponsive. It'll be time to involve Clickbank soon.

Forex Maximizer - It's a scam

I'll keep this short. Whoever Kevin Long is (if he exists) is a hawker not a trader. I purchased - lost the first two trades thankfully sim and fortunately received my refund from ClickBank. Forget trying to contact the "people" at Forex Maximizer, you will NEVER get support or an answer. What concerns me now is there is another robot called Pro Forex Robot which uses exactly the same marketing - at least seems like the same. Perks, claims of making tons of $$ It's another to avoid.

Fortunately for those of you who've ordered thru ClickBank, they will immediately honor your refund request - I had a full refund for ForexMaximizer within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Support Bad, EA OK

I will agree that customer support is non-existent. But I really don't think that after a couple of trades or technical problems, it would be hard to call something a scam. And since FPA started running the demo here, I can already tell that Live is somewhat different (better) then the demo, or at least the broker they are using. Since 5/13/10 when I started using it on IBFX live, I have had 8 wins and 2 loses for 191 raw pips, not multiplied like most sites do to exaggerate. "I made 1,910 pips this week! For $2000." Yeah great, if you have enough capital to trade 10 lots. Anyways, getting off track you should get the point about advertisers. This isn't directed at anyone, but just my comments for everyone that is unhappy with it for whatever reason and my view on it. If the problem is technical, then yes you are on your own and should take a refund for that reason alone. As with any EA you should run your own back tests on it. I have run several back tests with multiple brokers and all show this EA to be productive. I also agree with others that the advanced version is crap and I don’t know why they would even market it, other then to hopefully make an extra buck. But thankfully we have clickbank to give us our money back. Personally, I like how it picks trades. For those that start it and say it does not trade, give it some time, sometimes conditions are not right. I just went 2 days with out a trade and then got 2 wins today. It still seems to average about one trade a day, which was reflected also in the back testing. I would rather it be a little selective then jumping in on everything. I see I just missed out on an additional +45pips as I was stopped out for +30pips. I wonder if the demo got it, will have to check if it was even in the trade. I actually like that it will lock in 30pips as it goes for more. I am thinking of moving this EA to another account that offers better spreads, but right now that account is used for my primary EA, so I want to keep them separate for now. So I guess the whole point of this blog type entry is, despite how it was marketed with no support, give the EA a fair chance. I have, and as of yet see no reason ditch it. But if it still does not make it for you using proper money management, then absolutely get your money back before your two months are up.

FPA Demo Test Vs. Live trading

Regarding the Demo test here on FPA, I'm starting to wonder if the Demo is running correctly. Since I trade it Live I can compare it with my results. Since the demo started it has only placed buy orders to date. During the same time my Live account has placed an additional 5 sell orders, where the demo has placed none. I would find it hard to believe that the brokers are that different. I know that demo will be different then Live, but to not pick up a single sell order? Maybe someone could look into this?

Maximizer/Kevin Long

I bought the Maximizer and the enhanced version. It is on a demo account and has had steady gains with few small losses. My $3,000 demo account with Lopari went from $3,000 to $4,220 in two weeks. All settings are default. I think the EA is great but support stinks. I have been trying to get answers to very simple questions since May 26. It is possible that they are just swamped. It is frustrating but i will be patient as long as the EA performs so well. I will not go on a live account until I hear from support.

Back