• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexRobotTrader.com

General discussions of a financial company
mastermindg,

Do you close out all trades on Friday's or just trades that are currently trading for a loss? Also, what time Sunday night do you usually start trading?

I'm also interested in seeing your performance data and your forecasting. Feel free to contact me privately in you don't want to post it to the whole group.

Thanks
rptrader

I just posted a series of questions and comments on the board, but I'll try here as well.

mastermindg, and any others who are accually using this robot and not just venting.

Is the robot as versatile as claimed? In its listed features it is said to have many options for exit strategies, from fixed and trailing stops, to Heiken Ashi color change stops and profit targets.

If this robot can be programed to enter on certain parameters, can it also be programed to exit if those same parameters break down.

Why are there complaints of great drawdowns, and why is there a need to close all trades on a time stop, when the program can supposedly close trades itself based on price action as dictated by the Heiken Ashi indicator?

Can this program run a competant trailing stop/profit target based on the Heiken Ashi indicator?

If it enters on a confirmation of two time frames, a greater trend and a minor counter trend reversal, can it not be instructed to exit if either of these time frames changes color? Can it not exit half the position when the minor trend changes, and the other half when the greater trend changes?

If it can do this reliably, then what is the concern about stops, and why is it necessary to close open trades on a time stop? As long as the trend is good, we hold and let our profits accumulate. If the trend fails, exit on the signal.

Unless I am reading something wrong this is all offered in the features list on the web site.

I would really like to test this robot, but there is so much bs in these reviews that it is difficult to know what is real.

I haven't used it, but must confess that I've been tempted to try it.

As I understand it, this bot doesn't have a stoploss or else it has a VERY wide one. Officially, any remaining trades are supposed to be closed at the end of the month. I did see someone claim that closing all non-profitable trades at the end of each week would reduce drawdown.

Another suggestion by a user was to set it to only take trade with positive swap interest. Obviously, this won't amount to much of a trade goes 500 pips against you, but would reduce losses a little and add some to gains. Some brokers are a LOT better on swap interest than others, so this will work better on brokers that are more reasonable about rollover costs.

If I ever do break down and get this, I would definitely want to be sure I could set a maximum SL by default.

The one thing that makes me more willing to consider this EA above others is that it seems the owner really does respond to emails. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but at least he doesn't disappear the moment your money reaches his bank account.

Personally, I'd love to hear from anyone who has used this for over 6 months (and who isn't also an affiliate).

Mastermiding,

I would be interested in seeing anything you have to offer on this EA. You seem to be one of the more inteligent and objective voices here.

Are you running on Don's default settings? Have you much experience adjusting the robots parameters?
It seems this robot is extremely adjustable and transparent. To the point we could use it in an almost discresionary manner. Perhaps, tightening its time frames towards the end of the week, so it doesnt have open trades over the weekend. Directing it to take longer term carry trades, when there is a reason for a prolonged trend. Choosing different time frames and different trading styles for different pairs, depending on the overall characteristics, where the most desirable trading range is, whether there is a strong underlying trend, etc.

This robot is extremely interesting and I plan on purchasing it. I've just been trying to confirm my interests and figure out why so many people seem to have problems with it.

Pharaoh,

I suspect many people do not know how to use this robot to its full abilities. Either that or its abilities are overstated. I point out #11-16, stops and trailing stops are suposedly available. #23+24, ability to take 1/2 profits at target and let other 1/2 ride, ability to take profits based on Heiken Ashi color change on choice of time frames. Too many adjustable features to comprehend without accual testing.

Ken

Version 3.19 Features

1. Automatically searches for counter trends between the monthly and 5 minute timeframes.
2. HAS moving average variables fully modifiable.
3. Self checking logic when/if you set an input incorrectly.
4. User adjustable to set to trigger on closed or unclosed candles!
5. Ability to enter on Alert or Alert -1 TF color change (closed or unclosed candles).
6. Optional enter on a fresh signal when EA is first turned on (switchable).
7. Money management available to trade a % of free margin or account balance.
8. Intelligent lot fractional sizing based on what broker you use.
9. Take profit with fixed pip amounts that you decide for each timeframe.
10.Take profit can be selected to use % ATR for each individual timeframe.
11. All TP and SL are invisible to broker. (no hunting allowed).
12. A safety SL & TP can be set as a fail safe if power is lost (will be displayed to broker).
13. Partial close option to take 1/2 profit automatically when TP is reached.
14. Stop loss can be set at a fixed pip amount or % of ATR.
15. Trailing stop loss feature is available.
16 Trailing stop trigger and pip step amount fully adjustable.
17. Broker spread widening detection option to halt entries if spread widens by "x" pip amount.
18. Trading hours only available to trade based on your times you choose.
19. All text is font size and color adjustable.
20. Three different de-bug inputs to analyze all your backtesting and forward trading!
21. Upper TF feature to use as a filter for trading desired TF to help avoid head fakes.
22. Break even setting with a guaranteed lock in pip amount.
23. Ability to take full profits when TP target is triggered with color change based on choice of timeframes.
24. Ability to take 1/2 profit when TP target is triggered and let other half run up until color change on choice of timeframe.
25. Superb labels displaying on screen what the EA is doing inside to understand what is going on.
26. Superb labels displaying int & ext SL & TP, curr DD, Max profit, Max DD and much more!
27. Intelligent analysis to determin to close out a set #1 set-up in favor of entering back in with a set #2 set-up and visa versa..
28. Can be set-up to disallow new trades on Friday at your preferred time.
29. Can also close out open trades on Friday to go flat before the weekend at your preferred time.
30. Another feature to disallow new trades "x" number of days prior to month end.
31. Along with the above feature you can have the robot automatically close out all open trades every 30 days.
32. Automatically detects when market changes from trending to ranging and switches into a different mode using pre-determined settings to trade the new market effectively!
33. The robot has the ability to place hedge trades automatically.
34. New feature that places a seperate trade in the direction of the counter trend. This means additional trades and more profit.
35. New feature to recognize automatically if the market has changed after entering on set #1 or set #2 and automatically close out the position. The robot will then re-enter on the opposite set-up to trade the current market efficiently.

We can observe the live testing of this robot and several others on both PipCop.com and forex-robots.com.

Forex-robots is using $250 real money accounts, and is in the second testing. The Steinitz won the first testing, Jun 1-Sep 1 against the ForexAutoPilot, ForexTracer, and Bogi NeuralNet, and is currently in the lead in this quarters test with an account balance of $400.

PipCop is running a $5000 demo account, with a .05 position size, since Oct 11, less than 2 weeks, so its too soon to say anything real. So far the Steinitz has a closed profit of +322.13, and an floating loss of -547.86, this should even out with time.

I purchased this last week and just got in running yesterday live. It's been on about 12hrs now and I used Don's recommended 5 pairs at .01 lots. I'm using it in a small account live. $500 beginning balance, all 5 pairs are in a trade, all going the wrong direction, 2 are down 300 pips, account is 43% drawndown at the moment. We'll see how it looks after another 12 hours or so.

Update I'm now 1320 pips in drawdown. I've been live for 19hrs. Must be new record.

Last edited:
Ken,

Welcome to the forums. The Review Moderators have noticed your excellent work in the reviews section.

I look forward to seeing more of your analysis in the forums.

Steinitz drawdown

Todder,

I believe I read your message on PipCop.com, if not you have company.

PipCop has a nice detailed listing of all trades. From this it is evident that there is a major problem with this robot.

It consistently takes small gains, often opening the same trade over and over again in succesion, until it hits a losing position. This really seems kind of stupid, and is of prime benefit to the brokers, but it does capture profits in a volitile market.

The problem occurs when it hits a bad trade, which is inevitable with this method. This system has no automatic exit strategy for bad trades. They are kept open untill they turn around and hit a profit target, or are closed manualy on a time stop. Don recomends closing all open trades at the end of the month.

This method may work in a long term trending market, but its very difficult with the current volitility. In a trending market your pullbacks will be smaller and quicker the the trending moves, so it is possible to just wait them out, however, this is rarely the best policy. Not only does it create huge drawdowns, (which are incorrectly kept seperate from the account balance and equity curve, after all this is a spot market, all profit/loss is applied directly to the account balance, there is no unrealized profit/loss), it also creates a large time loss, (time is money), and the associated missed trades.

In my reviewing of the past few weeks of trading it is evident that this system passed up major trading oportunities while it was holding losing trades. This is the result of a robot that has been optimized for idiots who want a hands off approach. Unfortunately, trading is a business that generally requires participation, it is possible to systematize it, but then you will have to take your losses with your gains, a program can not adapt and think as you or I can. It can only follow its protocol.

To correct this problem you could try setting a fixed stop loss amount, or a fixed stop/trailing stop combination. This will save you from devastating drawdowns, but it may also affect your long term profits. You could also run a smaller position size to handle the drawdowns better, however, without a known stop it is impossible to accurately predict risk, and set an apropriate position size.

My third approach, which is my favorite, and what I intend to use, (I havent bought this robot yet, but I intend to, it is the only robot on the market that has the transparency and adaptability to be managed properly). I am an active trader, I dont want a robot to work independantly as though I didnt exist. I want a robot that I can work with, and that can assist me where I get stuck, opening and closing trades quickly, and actively trading in a 24 hr market. My intentions are to actively manage any trade that lasts longer than a day. I dont mind reviewing my positions on a daily basis, and stoping out of trades that have obviously violated their trends, or that are carrying a negative interest carry. Trades that have simply failed the short term trend, but are still in a longer term tend and have a positive interest carry I will manage manualy. This frees the robot up to continue trading and not miss short term oportunities. These short term profits can more than make up for any losses.

As well this keeps me active and on top of the robots actions. This is a very adaptable program. I suspect that we can dictate exactly how we want it to trade, chosen time frame, exit strategy, specific directions for each pair, etc. I see no reason why this robot cant open multple trades on the same pair, short term trades, opening and closing on the indicator change, longer term carry trades, that I can remove and self manage, allowing the robot to scale into a large carry position.

These are just a few current ideas to consider, I am still researching this robot and still have concerns, such as I have no confirmation that this robot can actually exit on a Heiken Ashi signal. All the trades that I have seen have used a profit target, or a time stop. I have no conclusive proof that this robot can actually read a Heiken Ashi indicator and act on it accurately. All I have is the promotional copy and Don's statements. I have seen too many robots that dont do what they say they do.

In conclusion, you should consider any robot as a new unproven employee. Would you give a stange employee access to your accounts, without supervision, without known restraints, without proven results, simply on promises, spread sheets, and backtesting. I think not.

Dont believe everything you are told, especially on the internet. Dont risk real capital on promises. Test, test, test. Make the system prove itself. Find the liabilities. There is no such thing as a perfect system. Perfection in trading is a error in judgement, a psychological error that needs to be dealt with. There is only consistency, odds, and cumulative results.

Think, we are the traders, the masters, the robots are our tools. They do not think, we do. They are dumb machines that do what they are told. Trading is a personal experience, systems and robots are tools we can use to expidite the proccess.

Sorry for getting carried away. None of this is directed at you. Or at the Steinitz robot. Or at Don.

I think Don has the best robot on the market, that I have seen. Considering the price, I think it is a fantastic piece of equipment. It has my full interest and attention, and criticisms.

Thank You

This is a message I wrote to Mr. Steinitz after my drawdowns approached nearly 50 percent (and still going). Here it is:

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who fall under the category of "easily sold on hype." Last week and the week before, I used mechanical systems and a different very excellent robot to earn 350 and 500 pips respectively both of those weeks. And you know what's really sad about that? I cannot keep ahead of the drawdown your hedge robot continues to create. Drawdown was running about 30 percent last week...now it's over 40-percent. And all my settings with eight currencies are at what is recommended or less. Since every currency pair was in drawdown...some more serious then others...I've turned them all off and am hoping for a miracle. Your robot caught all the GPD paired currencies on the bottom of their respective bull runs and are just killing me.
Now I've seen some of your comments on blogs where you've stated if you set this or set set that or just closed out all your negative trades at the end of the month...the robot will perform. I would then ask you...how could that be a robot if I've got to baby sit it all the time and adjust settings? YOur robot is a "sham" and you should be ashamed of yourself. No, I don't want my money back. It's "peanuts" in comparison to my drawdown your device has created. But, if you have anything constructive or obtimistic to offer...please let me know. I pledge to never be sold on internet Hype again. That's the only possible "positive" I can take away from this mess.

Regards,

Paul

Please...Please...be careful with this product. It should also raise suspicion when you see Don Steinitz on this blog defending his products. See any other robot creators doing that?

Back