• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexShockwave.com

General discussions of a financial company
I started the demo account.. Actually I have tried shockwave on 2 separate demo accounts now. With 2 different brokers.

But to indulge, I have set up another demo account, again with $500USD.

I have lot sizes set at .1 as this seemed the only way to get the back testing working.

All other settings are as recommended in the manual.

You need a min. of $3,000 to trade .1 lot that's why it's not trading not enough funds. Change it to 0.01 and you will get your results.

I am happy to be wrong, but what you say does not make sense.. Does it? You say you set $1000 bank to a lot size of .5 but you are saying that a $500 bank will not work on a lot size of .1??? Can that be right? I checked it again and it definitely works on back testing with lot size set to .1 and bank of $500. It also works when back tested with mm enabled. In fact I will say that it is possible to deliver quite nice results with back testing and changing some settings and risk factors.. But alas, this is of no help if it wont trade in demo or real with the exact same settings as back testing or settings from the manual.

In any case, I have changed this latest demo account to .01 and we will see if it does anything now. I am happy to be proved wrong on this count.. Really I am. Still does not explain the fake email addresses.

Did you change any other settings from the manual?
Are you trading live or just demo?

Last edited:
Max Trade 30
Trailing Stop 15.0
Trading Hours 19
Trading Hours 20
Lot 0.01
Risk 10

Thanks for sharing daytrader09. These are a bit different to the manual. But I have noticed a similar thing with these settings. The robot can ready do well with minor setting changes.. But only in back testing. For me and others it seems.

I have 2 demo tests running now. Settings are:
Test1:
UseTradeHour false (I have tried this set to true)
Max Trades 2
Trailing Stop 5.0
Trading Hours 19
Trading Hours 23
MM false
Lot 0.01
AccountIsMicro true
Risk 5

Test2:
UseTradeHour false (I have tried this set to true)
Max Trades 5
Trailing Stop 5.0
Trading Hours 19
Trading Hours 23
MM true
Lot 0.01
AccountIsMicro true
Risk 10

Shockwave still will not place any trades!!!

Try 5min chart once thats what I use. If that don't work then I don't know why it's not trading are there any other robots or indicators on. Try deleting it from the chart and add it again.

I have changed one of the demo accounts to 5min chart. (Note: I have previously tested on a 1min chart without success)
I have previously tried removing and reloading from chart.
I have previously tried it as the only robot on the test account.
I have no indicators at all on the chart.

Willing to try anything if it makes this robot actually work. Maybe it will help others. I would have to say I have seen a number of posts elsewhere with people having the exact same problem. The robot just wont trade.

I Live in hope.

daytrader09... I wonder if you were one of the few who actually received a working version??? I wonder if you would mind a private test of the theory. If I can prove a legit purchase (which I can), would you be up for that???.

Hell, maybe that is the real problem. Maybe the developer released (by mistake) a broken version and a fixed version? Given that nobody can actually contact the guy, it seems it is up to us to fix it.

daytrader09...Let me know if you are keen to help or anyone else who has a working version for that matter.

OK.. Now I am confused.. I just saw a post about shockwave that mentioned a setting I don't have... "
Trades on friday with trading on friday = false. "..... Do you have this setting???

Last edited:
It could be that I have a working version. Yes I'm willing to help. On my settings I have false for all of them. I don't see anything with Friday trading false.

Good. 2 ways to do this then. I can send you the shock.zip I was given and you can test or you can send me your shock.zip and I can test.
You have micro account set to false too?

What do you think?

Back