• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ForexThor.com (Alexander Collins)

General discussions of a financial company
Forex Thor - More Information

Hello,
as there are a lot of trading systems to choose from I thought it would be helpful if I publish detailed test and live results here on the board. Let's start from the test results.

Test results

I am sure, everyone who takes a look to the test results agrees that they are outstanding. They definitely prove that the algorithm from the Thor system is exceedingly robust. So robust that even major crisis like Dot-Com, 911, financial crisis, flash crash and Euro crisis could not stop it from performing.
However, I also have to mention that slippage, variable spreads and execution quality cannot be accurately simulated during testing. Therefore, they have to be taken with a small grain of salt.

1999 – 2012 (modeled ticks)

The detailed strategy tester report can be downloaded here. (few MB)

2007-2012 (real ticks)

The detailed strategy tester report can be downloaded here. (few MB)

Live results

EA Thor real account – Monitored by ForexPeaceArmy
EA Thor real account – Monitored by ForexPeaceArmy (Statement page)

EA Thor real account – MyFxBook

HI,
Have just heard about this EA and its claims that it has low drawdowns, however, the drawdown in May seems to be around 40%, which I don't consider to be 'low' at all! If this is a scalping EA, then I cannot understand why such a large risk is allowed.

I'd be grateful if the EA owners could please explain.

Mike

hello,

i have some questions about this robot:

- which are the preferred brokers ??

- which is the highest drawdown, i have to expect

- must the robot run 24 hrs?? so an vps is necessary ??

- which currencies can be traded??

- what is the minimum account size for running the ea ?? ( for ex. 1000$ on micro, or higher account?? )

best regards,

as

Last edited:
thor11 why does youremail not work /resond/ exist/ bit worried have bought ea?

Hello Mark,
On Sept 12, 2012 there was a severe outage of internet service due to an internal failure at GoDaddy.com that affected their DNS servers.
As a result, even the FPA itself was knocked of the air for many hours.
I have sent a test email to Alexander Collins this evening on your behalf; and as of this post their server has replied.
Suggest you resend your request, if it has not already been answered.
Update: 9/13/2012: The test email I sent was responded to appropriately in less that 18 hours.

Last edited:
Forex Thor

BigT said:
Hello Mark,
On Sept 12, 2012 there was a severe outage of internet service due to an internal failure at GoDaddy.com that affected their DNS servers.
As a result, even the FPA itself was knocked of the air for many hours.
I have sent a test email to Alexander Collins this evening on your behalf; and as of this post their server has replied.
Suggest you resend your request, if it has not already been answered.
Update: 9/13/2012: The test email I sent was responded to appropriately in less that 18 hours.

Thank you very much for sharing this information.

Hello Mark,
we received your e-mail and already replied.

Best Regards
Alexander

HI,
Have just heard about this EA and its claims that it has low drawdowns, however, the drawdown in May seems to be around 40%, which I don't consider to be 'low' at all! If this is a scalping EA, then I cannot understand why such a large risk is allowed.

I'd be grateful if the EA owners could please explain.

Mike

Hello Mike, as you can see the DD is -12.77% (deepest valley).

tangmase said:
- which are the preferred brokers ??

ECN/STP brokers (agency model)

tangmase said:
- which is the highest drawdown, i have to expect

That depends from the risk you choose. With the recommend low risk settings DD should not exceed 15%.

tangmase said:
- must the robot run 24 hrs??

It's not a "must" but recommend to run the robot 24/5.

tangmase said:
so an vps is necessary ??

When the latency between your PC and the broker server is above >75ms its recommend to use a VPS to reduce execution time.

tangmase said:
- which currencies can be traded??

Actual version can be used on EURUSD.

tangmase said:
- what is the minimum account size for running the ea ?? ( for ex. 1000$ on micro, or higher account?? )

100 USD when your broker supports trading with fractional lots (0.01, 0.02....) and 1000 USD in case fractional lots are not supported (0.10, 0.20...)

Regards
Alexander

Hello Shoebox, Mark H & PureFX,
May I suggest you guys dig a little deeper into the trade histories on the live account test Alexander points you to, and also review a third party Demo Account test being run?
See Links below.
Demo account tests for high frequency scalpers are not truly comparable to live account results, so I would rely on the live account more than anything; but you can get a good breakdown of the strategy and analysis at mt4i.
I do not own or necessarily endorse Thor, nor have I been granted an evaluation copy of this EA; but I do know a few traders using it and know it to be competent.
You do need at least a dual core CPU that is not overloaded with multi-tasking, and very good cable or fiber optic web connection to succeed.
Run the latency and speedtest linked below to evaluate the quality of your connections, and move to a VPS if your system sucks.
You need a Ping < 30ms, Download > 20Mbps, and Upload > 4 Mbps to compete sucessfully.
For instance I am running at Ping 14, 32.6, 5.14 at this moment.
How well do you think you will do against me with a scalper if I am one step ahead of you?
You also need to be working with an honest and reliable ECN/STP commission broker who provides you deep liquidity and the tightest possible spreads.
Most importantly, this model is very selective in entering the market, and does so only when it has a very high probability of success.
It had better be accurate, because the reward to risk ratio is very punishing.
You need competence, patience, and discipline to succeed long term with this model.
There is a big difference between watching trading action and making money.
If you prefer to see action and are not too concerned about making money, this EA is not for you.
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
MT4i - Forex Thor II
Best Forex Robot | Top Forex Robots Tested
http://www.myfxbook.com/members/thorforex/thor-ii-live-account/288808
I think I know where the confusion came in with Shoebox quoting the Drawdown incorrectly:
The chart shows two graphs overlaid upon each other, but fails to identify the scale for the Green Bars.
The "Growth" and "Equity Growth" are represented by the Red and Yellow Lines and reference the Left Scale.
The Green Bars however, represent the "Pips Gain/Loss" for each day, but there is no scale shown on the Right side for them, as there should be.
When you go to the live MyFxBook webpage for the chart (not the image shown here) and mouse over the green bars, you will see the values they represent, which have nothing to do with the Left Side % Scale, Growth, or Drawdown (as one might easily infer).
This is a failing of MyFxBook, not the EA.
I would encourage Mr. Collins to remove the privacy restrictions on his live MyFxBook test account or start another with a substantial commitment. The potential buyer of Thor II should be aware of just how much capital the author has put at risk on his own creation. Hiding the account values and the broker restricts analysis, and implies this is probably a tiny test account that might not be representative of results likely obtained on real trade lot sizes; which any given broker might not want to tolerate, when coming from a scalper EA.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Last edited:
Back