Fortress Fund & Knight Capital

I'd like everyone to consider the strong possibility that even a bad broker might pay some clients while withholding funds from others. I've seen some of the most dedicated long-term scam brokers pay the occasional trader.

Instead of hurling accusations at someone who got their money, ask details about who it was at the broker that helped.

I'd like everyone to consider the strong possibility that even a bad broker might pay some clients while withholding funds from others. I've seen some of the most dedicated long-term scam brokers pay the occasional trader.

Instead of hurling accusations at someone who got their money, ask details about who it was at the broker that helped.
Thank you, I have asked Kerobokan for his contact details, so that I can provide proof. If only he would go to the trouble of reading from my first posting in this thread instead of jumping to conclusions.

Let's make this easy for you 'Johan Olwage',can you post a TT receipt scan here (bank transfer receipt) of your full refund/payment obviously blacking out the sensitive details,in your screen name 'Johan Olwage' presuming that is your real name and from Fortress Fund or Knight Capital (ltd,llc or whatever type of incorporated company,offshore or otherwise)?
I won't hold my breath for this one...

Let's make this easy for you 'Johan Olwage',can you post a TT receipt scan here (bank transfer receipt) of your full refund/payment obviously blacking out the sensitive details,in your screen name 'Johan Olwage' presuming that is your real name and from Fortress Fund or Knight Capital (ltd,llc or whatever type of incorporated company,offshore or otherwise)?
I won't hold my breath for this one...
You are simply an irritating "oaf" who has absolutely no grounds for your accusations. I joined this forum for the very reason you did, to put Fortress and Knight under the spotlight. You chose to attack a fellow FPA member like some "rabid" animal simply because you were looking for somebody to blame. Perhaps because of your own personal shortcomings? Perhaps you can't handle your own failure? I won't know, but have no further reason to engage with uncouth persons like yourself. I will now post my proof under a separate posting but will not engage with you again as I do not have time for such manners.

To everybody who have been following my posts, I now attach proof of deposits to my bank account in South Africa from Knight Capital markets. The amounts you will see is in ZAR (which was ranging at ZAR 15.80 -16.80 to the USD during that period). Suffice to say that I have received back the full $ 3,000 I deposited.
If you followed all my posts you will know that I was fortunate enough that Fortress blew their account before any trades could be placed on my account.
Finally, to persons like Kerobokan, I attach proof that I do exist. The document is in our local language, Afrikaans, but you will find my name on it and a stamp from the Master of the High Court certifying that I am a Trustee of the JO Trust (under which I do business).
Due to these undue and "mob-justice" kind of accusations this will also be my last post as FPA unfortunately only served to disappoint me rather that achieve what they should to be, judicious.

Attachments

• Knight C Proof.pdf
    578.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Knight C Proof.pdf
    578.3 KB · Views: 6
  • copy meesters magtigingsbrief.pdf
    622.8 KB · Views: 5
Well I have to admit I'm not a betting man but if I was...
I really don't see why you have taken such offence at me asking for proof of your payment,from a pair of companies that as far as I know have proven to be scammers probably more than a few times in the past?Also in this forum a very well documented manoeuvre by the aforementioned scammers is to send a representative to pose as a happy,satisfied client.
The oldest chestnut on the chestnut tree!

Politely asking for evidence because of worries about shills is one thing. Demanding proof with tight deadlines upon pain of immediate declaration of being a liar is quite another.

Johan, I hope you change your mind and decide to stick around.

Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 03:57:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Withdrawal

Hi Chu,

Thank you for contacting us in response to the recent post on Forex Peace Army, which was made to ensure all of your concerns are comprehensively addressed. Please allow me to express our genuine appreciation toward any unnecessary frustration you may be experiencing as a result of your important concern.
However, and as you may recall from our previous correspondence, your account is unable to be detached from the MAM while open trades exist pursuant to Clause 10 of your MAM Agreement. This policy, which is not unique to our brokerage, is necessary as a result of technical limitations in the MAM plug-in we utilize. We utilize a very popular MAM plug-in employed by many brokers. This policy is implemented in order to ensure client detaches do not affect the remaining existing clients on the MAM. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this necessary policy may have caused.
We maintain revocation requests on file until that time in which the account is flat (no open trades exist). At which point it will be automatically executed. Although we appreciate your dissatisfaction with your third-party manager's trading, we are nonetheless unable to intervene in their management of your account. You should direct your trade-related inquiries toward them, specifically regarding their management of the open positions on your account.
Sincerely,
Oliver

Actually, the broker HAS to immediately action the revocation of the LPOA (they claim that there is one, that was digitally signed -- yeah, right, like that is legally binding) and the MAM revocation. That is their role -- to police their third parties and can do so through the master account access that they have for ALL of their third party accounts. I have done this with other brokers on other occasions when I was dissatisfied with their performance. There is no "check with the fund manager". A revocation is immediate. If they do keep it on file, and there are trades made without the LPOA, then the trades are done without the client's permission and the brokerage is held liable for any trades that occur on the account.

Back