Fortress Fund & Knight Capital

SvenT

Recruit
I opened an account with Knight Capital on Oktober 2015 and funded 1000 USD. The profits were good. But since 16 th Nov i try to get my money back.

Here the hole story:

Fortress Fund told me that:

We are very happy to confirm the arrival of your funding deposit. However, it does not satisfy our $3,000 USD minimum deposit requirement.Therefore, you'll wish to submit additional funds using the broker's deposit instructions.Sincerely,Ethan

That is OK i knew that the minimum deposit was 3000 USD, so i want to cancel the investment and wrote a withdrawel request on 16 th November to Knight Capital. They told me i have to contact the fund manager. So i did. See the writings:

18 th Nov: Thank you for your e-mail. Please note that your account currently maintains open positions. Withdrawals can not be processed until all currently open/floating positions are overseen to their natural closure points.
If you have any new queries in the meantime, please be sure to ask.
Sincerely, Ethan

I wrote
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:20 AM wrote:

Dear Sirs Fortress Fund & Knight Capital,

it is very curios that you say in your commercial:
"100% of Your Deposit is kept at the Broker where it is traded. You may Withdraw, Stop trading, etc. ANYTIME you want."

Because if i said stop and withdraw on the 17th at 12.30 am and the Broker wrote me:
"Kindly note that because you're inside the first 30 days of trading and may have open positions on your account"

OK, that are two things i cannot understand. First: inside 30 days? vs. you can stop ANYTIME. Where did you mentioned the 30 days?

Second and main: The broker were the deposit is kept and where it is traded did not know if there are open positions???

OK, i wrote fortress fund at 17th at 1pm. There was no activity on the account since days, but at the 17th at 10 pm - nine hours after my mail, look there are open positions - more and more open till yet - and the best thing - 2 Minutes before opening the first position fortress fund wrote: „Please note that your account currently maintains open positions. Withdrawals cannot be processed until all currently open/floating positions are overseen to their natural closure points."

And i would not be astonish if there are only losses now.

The official way is if the investor say stop to the broker it is very clear - so every loss and open position is you risk now. I am immediately wont my money back.

Now on the 1. Dez there were no open positions i remember to my withdrawel request. But on the 2. Dez they open positions and write me they can´t give me my money because there are open positions.

If you want i can send you alllll the mailings.

Send the URL of this thread to anyone at Knight and Fortress that you've got email addresses for. Ask them to come and explain what is going on.

The latest news:

Dear Mr. Smith,

please read all the mails down here. The things i wrote to FPA are only facts and you are right, they are not nice. As the leatest news.

On the 2. Dez Mr Ethan wrote my a account is disconected - On the 3. Dez you wrote me give us 24 hours and now on the 5. Dez you write me there are not much open positions in my account - so the account is not disconnected until now?

Explain it please

Am 05.12.2015 um 02:07 schrieb Knight Capital:
Hi Sven,
I just looked over your account. I apologize for the delay getting back to you.
The issue is actually not as much open trades but this is a fund manager that collects fees every quarter and it seems you've been in the funds for an extremely short period of time.
It seems your account has made some nice profits, and of course you may disconnect, but you do have to allow the fees to be collected at the end of the quarter, etc.
I also see you left your manager a not very nice review at the Forex "Peace Army" website they emailed to me yesterday asking to remove you from the MAM.
May I ask why you would do this instead of reach out to your account manager / follow a very basic procedure all Forex Funds have?
Thank you,
Oliver Smith
Account Manager

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Knight Capital - Support Desk <clients@knightcapitalmarkets.com> wrote:
Hi Sven,
Please allow less then 24 hrs for back office to finish disconnect and payment to you.
Cheers!
McKayla

Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:44 PM
To: Knight Capital
Subject: Fwd: Re: Re: Withdrawel Request

Dear Sirs,

how could it be if Mr. Ethan disconnected my account from the program at the 2. Dez that there is a position openend today at the 4. Dez?

Sincerly
Sven T

Betreff: Re: Re: Withdrawel Request
Datum: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 14:10:30 -0500
Von: Fortress Fund <tradingdesk@fortressfxfund.com>
An: Sven T

Hi Sven,
We have disconnected your account from the program. The open positions will be managed to their appropriate closure points pursuant to the strategy, following which, your withdrawal will be processed by the broker and you will no longer be welcome at Fortress Fund. Your position in the program will be provided to another, more grateful client, who is on our waiting list.
What you should be doing is thanking us for providing you with the +31% return you've enjoyed
(until now i enjoyed nothing SvenT)
thus far in the program as well as this unrivaled wealth building opportunity. Your behavior and your attitude is offensive, to say the least.
Sincerely,
Ethan

fortress_whitelogo.png

Telephone No. +41 22 575 38 79
Fax No. +41 22 59 48 491
Email: tradingdesk@fortressfxfund.com
fortressfxfund.com

Last edited by a moderator:
6 th Dezember - still no money
and again the same words.

Betreff: Re: Withdrawel Request
Datum: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 20:24:18 -0700
Von: Knight Capital <clients@knightcapitalmarkets.com>

Kindly note your account has a few Open Trades on it so they will have to be closed before we can process this.
Please let us know immediately when your trades are closed so we can send you transfer

Thank you!
Anna Reese
Support Desk

Kindly note your account has a few Open Trades on it so they will have to be closed before we can process this.
Please let us know immediately when your trades are closed so we can send you transfer

Thank you!
Anna Reese
Support Desk

Here is another thread about this scam https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/community/threads/knight-capital-markets-fortress-fund-warning.42436/

People please careful not to invest in this fund. Contact your bank to recover your money while you still have time.

Thank you!
Anna Reese
Support Desk

Hi Sven

Did you get any further communication from KCM on these open trades?

regards

Your position in the program will be provided to another, more grateful client, who is on our waiting list.
What you should be doing is thanking us for providing you with the +31% return you've enjoyed

What a sophisticated literature, sure wonder where he was educated, this Broker definitely needs
Special attention !

After numerous (over one month ) of e-mials , phone calls and complaints to KCM and FF I still can not get my funds withdrawal processed from KCM . They claim that 2 small hedging positions (which run open for over 5 weeks now and which make no profit) block my withdrawal request . I have more than 10K USD free margin available on my trading acc and I the MAM agreement I agreed to does not place limits on withdrawals (attached).

Martin

Attachments

• FF MAM.png
    FF MAM.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 0
Back