• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

FP Markets?

AntonLazzaro

Recruit
I have heard of many people talk about brokers from Australia generally very good. But I like to know where this company FP Markets – www.fpmarkets.com - stands? I have been in this forum for long enough, but I haven’t previously heard too many people talk about it or even mention it, so where does this broker stands given they are an Australian Company. Also if anyone here from Australia can tell me is this fine for people outside Australia to operate with these companies based in Australia? Will be happy hearing your views… Thanks

They don't have a lot of reviews, but you can check what they do have here:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/10476/www.fpmarkets.com.au

After checking the page, it is fair to say that the company is definitely good. As they have absolutely no freebies at all yet such rating is pretty high and impressive. I haven’t traded with any company that DOESN’T offer bonus or something like that, but maybe this one won’t be bad. Just one more question if you or perhaps anyone else could answer. There are two sites for them one is the .com that I mentioned and 2nd is .com.au that you have mentioned. One the review both are mentioned, but what I can’t understand is why 2 sites? Will be happy to know the reason.

Many brokers do this for one of two main reasons:

1. If a broker is Australian, they want that .com.au to show it off, but know that many potential clients will just type .com

2. Unfortunately, many brokers have more than one regulator. If you pick the right site and/or are from the right country, you get the "good" regulator which actually regulates and provides some method to complain. If you pick the wrong site or are from the wrong country, when you sign up, your account is "regulated" by some tiny island country regulator with little or no enforcement.

Many brokers do this for one of two main reasons:

1. If a broker is Australian, they want that .com.au to show it off, but know that many potential clients will just type .com

2. Unfortunately, many brokers have more than one regulator. If you pick the right site and/or are from the right country, you get the "good" regulator which actually regulates and provides some method to complain. If you pick the wrong site or are from the wrong country, when you sign up, your account is "regulated" by some tiny island country regulator with little or no enforcement.

Good to know, as often these minor things causes confusion, so always nice to have clarity.... Thank you.

Back