FPA Introduces SIGNALS Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Signals Services added

Previously, there were 4 sets of signals that volunteered. Now there's a new one.

Joining the current tests, the newest signals service to volunteer are....

FxBossTrading

and joins the other signals services undergoing tests....

Excalibur Forex

Money Tree Fx

Smart Forex Signal – Alpha System

Smart Forex Signal – Beta System

Just follow the links to the review pages and look in the upper-left for the performance test links.

You can also check out the Signals Test Lab page, which lists all Signals Services being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week. There's only one there now, but more will be added in the coming weeks.

Do you know a signals service that can drop their trades directly into MT4? This can be done in in one of the FPA's demo accounts, or I can have a read-only copy of MT4 running on the FPA's servers tied to one of the signal provider's accounts. If so, ask that company to use the “Contact Us” link below and they can be added to Performance Testing

Notes: I'd like to personally thank Fx Boss Trading for volunteering their signals for Performance Testing. They even set up their own demo account. The FPA monitors the outcome of the trades they place from a 2nd copy of MT4 running on the FPA's servers.

Exact executions of orders will vary a little from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

Explanation on Weekly Pips

I am enjoying this new coverage on fx signals. It is very unclear what the Weekly Pips is measuring because on both case of ExcaliburForex and FxBossTrading the number of pips are not representing the actual pips gained (per lot). If you multiply the number of weeks in test by the weekly pip gain, there isn't a correlation to the actual performance shown the statement. Or are the Weekly Pips measuring gross gain (without subtracting the losses)? If so, this would be nonsense.

"Signal EA for MT4"

Previously, there were 4 sets of signals that volunteered. Now there's a new one.

Do you know a signals service that can drop their trades directly into MT4? This can be done in in one of the FPA's demo accounts, or I can have a read-only copy of MT4 running on the FPA's servers tied to one of the signal provider's accounts. If so, ask that company to use the “Contact Us” link below and they can be added to Performance Testing

Only since this week I'm forward testing with Home | Rent a Signal. They provide an EA which you put in MT4 and the EA imports the signals from the RAS server.
Hope this helps.

I am enjoying this new coverage on fx signals. It is very unclear what the Weekly Pips is measuring because on both case of ExcaliburForex and FxBossTrading the number of pips are not representing the actual pips gained (per lot). If you multiply the number of weeks in test by the weekly pip gain, there isn't a correlation to the actual performance shown the statement. Or are the Weekly Pips measuring gross gain (without subtracting the losses)? If so, this would be nonsense.

Excalibur looks like it's about 359 weekly x 2.5 week = 897.5 pips. Seems about right.

Some of these EAs and Signals services trade pairs where the pip value per lot varies. Some of them vary lot sizes. It's possible to have positive pips and negative equity. It's possible to have negative pips and positive equity.

Personally, I focus on equity. :D

Pip Boxer

Has anyone had any experiecne with Pip Boxer. I can't find any rating for it.

Thanks.

Dave C.

I've got one new signals service you can consider subscribing to, and one very special case for you to look at.

4X Sure Smart

and the special case is Sive Morten's demo trading account. Currently, he is not offering signals for sale. This demo account is to show how he trades based on his weekly analysis posted at the FPA. You can follow his trades here...

Sive Morten Signals

You can also check out the Signals Test Lab page, which lists all Signals Services being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week. There's only one there now, but more will be added in the coming weeks.

Notes: I'd like to personally thank 4X Sure Smartg for volunteering their signals for Performance Testing.

Exact executions of orders will vary a little from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

.[/QUOTE]

Do you know a signals service that can drop their trades directly into MT4?

Actually, now this is possible with almost any signal service. We've been doing this since November 2008 with one signal provider exclusively until August 1st this year we decided to make the service available to any signal provider. And we now have a video up that explains exactly how it works:

Metatrader247.com/providers.html

--
Scott Wang
Metatrader247.com

Edit: And why my links don't show up clickable I have yet to figure out. :) sorry!

Last edited:
Scott,

As you add signals providers to your service, feel free to mention FPA Performance Testing to them.

I've got one more new signals service you can consider look at and consider subscribing to...

Forex Apple

Notes: I'd like to personally thank Forex Apple for volunteering their signals for Performance Testing.

Remember that exact executions of orders will vary some from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

The very nice people over at Smart Forex Signal have added a 3rd system and volunteered it to the FPA for performance testing.

Smart Forex Signal - Gamma

This company now has 3 separate sets of signals linked to their review page. I'd like to thank them again for volunteering.

Remember that exact executions of orders will vary some from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back