FPA Introduces SIGNALS Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsstModerator

FPA Forums and Reviews Admin
FPA Introduces SIGNALS Performance Testing

The FPA's Performance Testing of EAs is going well, but the time has come to add the first entry from the newest category.

How many times have you looked at the trade history on a signals site and wondered if it was only carefully prepared using 20/20 hind-site? Maybe it's real, but only uses the best possible entries and exits to make the pip count and profits look a little higher. For signals sites that are Peformance Tested, you won't need to wonder about that.

Not every signals service can do this. A trade room where signals are called out or typed in the room won't be easy to performance test. What's needed is a service that can automatically place all the trades into a trading account. This option for signals services is becoming more common, so I hope that more services can be added soon.

One other signals service volunteered, but they aren't using MT4. The FPA's programmers are still trying to figure out how to get other trading platforms to display properly.

For the service just added, the signals are placed into a live trading account and are then automatically relayed to other accounts. They've given the FPA direct investor access to a demo account that's been taking their signals since May 7th.

And, the first signals service to be performance tested is...

Money Tree Fx

Just follow the links to the review page and look in the upper-left to the Money Tree Fx Demo Test.

You can also check out the Signals Test Lab page, which lists all Signals Services being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week. There's only one there now, but more will be added in the coming weeks.

Do you know a signals service that can drop their trades directly into MT4? This can be done in in one of the FPA's demo accounts, or I can have a read-only copy of MT4 running on the FPA's servers tied to one of the signal provider's accounts. If so, ask that company to use the “Contact Us” link below and they can be added to Performance Testing

Notes: I'd like to personally thank Cody of MoneyTreeFx for agreeing to let his company be the first test subject for the FPA's performance testing.

Due to the possibility that people who are not subscribed to the Signals Service could use the Performance Test Page to copy trades, the default 15 minute update has been over-ridden. The page really only updates once every 4 hours. Please ignore the part of the page that talks about the statement being updated every 15 minutes.

Exact executions of orders will vary a little from broker to broker.

Last edited:
Test FPA services

Why don't you test ForexDiamonds, FXNewsWhiz or King Forex services offered by FPA.

Talk the talk, walk the walk.....

Yurps, did you read the full text? Let me refresh your memory...

Not every signals service can do this. A trade room where signals are called out or typed in the room won't be easy to performance test. What's needed is a service that can automatically place all the trades into a trading account. This option for signals services is becoming more common, so I hope that more services can be added soon

If you would like to volunteer to sit in the Forex Diamonds trading room 24 hours per day entering every trade that's called out or typed into the room into an MT4 account, I'll be happy to have it linked to the Diamonds review page. You can do it for FxNewsWiz too if you want. KFS went away a long time ago, so I don't know why you bother bringing it up.

You should also be aware that although the FPA works closely with Forex Diamonds, it is an independent company. Felix owns a number of companies. Each is based in a different location. If he ever gets a signals service that can place trades directly in MT4, I'll personally arrange for it to be Performance Tested.

Last edited:
EA's

Greattttt job, would expect nothing less from ALL of you!

As far as the EA's and results???? Just as well to trade oth ways and take profit at some point THAN wait for it to reverse....thatis, if your'r not in the ALMIGHTY USA that wants to abysit everybody!!
FxTender

That's just the ticket

:)

Started with EA's will still use them, but now I'm at the stage ready to take those baby steps using some signals, so this new service is just what I need.

I'll gladly click through any paid link on your site, you guys are helping me LOTS.

Keep it up and toodle PIP.

The floating P/L for MoneyTreeFx is worrisome, but the results are quite impressive. No SL on many of the trades, so I'm guessing the trades are actively managed.

Personally, I'd recommend adding some sort of emergency stop loss. Otherwise, if the trader's platform losses connectivity with either the signals provider or the broker, a bad trade could turn lethal to the account.

The risk levels seem high, but the returns are significant, so I'm going to watch this one for awhile to see if it can overcome the current floating drawdown or not. I guess I'd fall into the "cautiously curious" category.

Equity?

As a signal subscriber myself, I am going to enjoy following this new FPA tracking service a great deal.

As far as MoneyTreeFx is concerned, it appears that they like to market off the balance and not off the equity...that always bothers me. I like signal services that have relatively tight stops on all trades so that you never get into that big floating loss situation to begin with. Mentally, I can stand closed trade drawdowns more so that I can floating drawdowns, don't know why.

But the history with MoneyTreeFx is too short to really know anything about their performance, and given that the performance has been negative overall (looking at the equity of course, not the balance) it would take a lot for me to get excited about a service like this.

Oh, and if you are trading this service (so long as you are willing to ignore equity and just focus on balance), you are going to be a multi-millionaire pretty soon based on the fact that it says this on the site: "Money Tree Fx has averaged weekly (not monthly) returns of at least 15% to 25% typically (this is very conservative) it is typically surpassed depending on market conditions".

Also, in regards to stop loss, it does say this which is good: "Draw downs are part of any profitable trading strategy. Our trader will have draw downs with a hard stop loss in case of problems with internet connectivity. A trader must be comfortable with periodic draw down to trade the forex market".

Also Also, the guys given their testimonials are apparently just focused on balance, not on equity because they say that their money is growing vs. what I see as their money is actually shrinking.

EternalFxStudent

Another one added

The FPA's Performance Testing of EAs is going well, and Managed Forex[url] has just been added.

Joining the current test, the newest signals service to volunteer is....

[url=https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.smartforexsignal.com]Smart Forex Signal

and it joins the other signals service undergoing tests....

Money Tree Fx

Just follow the links to the review pages and look in the upper-left for the performance test links.

You can also check out the Signals Test Lab page, which lists all Signals Services being tested in one place and allows for sorting by name, average pips per week, or average equity per week. There's only one there now, but more will be added in the coming weeks.

Do you know a signals service that can drop their trades directly into MT4? This can be done in in one of the FPA's demo accounts, or I can have a read-only copy of MT4 running on the FPA's servers tied to one of the signal provider's accounts. If so, ask that company to use the “Contact Us” link below and they can be added to Performance Testing

Notes: I'd like to personally thank SmartForexSignals for agreeing to let their company join the FPA's performance testing.

Currently, the Smart Forex Signals are experiencing some drawdown. I have seen some of their longer term trading logs that show positive return. I encourage you to monitor them over a longer period of time before reaching your own conclusions.

Due to the possibility that people who are not subscribed to the Signals Service could use the Performance Test Page to copy trades, the default 15 minute update has been over-ridden. The page really only updates once or twice per day. Please ignore the part of the page that talks about the statement being updated every 15 minutes.

Exact executions of orders will vary a little from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

Last edited:
Two more Signals Services added

There are 2 new sets of signals being tested. One of them is from a company that's already got a set of signals being tested. The other is brand new to the FPA's reviews. Both volunteered.

Joining the current tests, the newest signals services to volunteer are....

Excalibur Forex

Smart Forex Signal – Beta System

and these join the other signals services undergoing tests....

Smart Forex Signal – Alpha System

Money Tree Fx

Just follow the links to the review pages and look in the upper-left for the performance test links.

Notes: This is an ongoing process. There's already another Signals Service being prepared.

I'd like to personally thank Excalibur Forex for volunteering their signals for Performance Testing. Their signals are not currently placed automatically, but are being entered in an account manually from Excalibur's offices at the same time that they are made available to subscribers.

I'd also like to personally thank SmartForexSignals for volunteering their Beta System in addition to their Alpha System for Performance Testing. They are the first website with more than one product in the FPA's Performance Testing pages.

All Signals Services and Managed Accounts being performance tested now have the open orders and pending orders hidden. Total Floating P/L is still shown, but individual trades are not. This is done to help prevent non-subscribers from trying to copy trades.

Exact executions of orders will vary a little from broker to broker and from demo to live accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back