FRAUD - www.FXTickData.com

Boinkers

Recruit
Hi,

I purchased a year subscription from FXTickData as they state on their website MT4 Data | 99 % Modeling Quality that you can do 99% tick data back testing with FREE 3rd party tools.

On receiving the e-mail they refer on to eareview.net and instruct you to use Birt's tools. At this stage I dropped them a "Contact Us" stating that Birt's scripts are not free and if they can please help me to back test with 99% tick data.

My attempt to contact them was ignored, 2 days later I filed a case with PayPay to investigate, at that stage FXTickData responded saying that my question was not answered as it was in there "Junk Folder". They escalated it to a case stating that due to them providing data they can't refund my money as requested. FXTickData at this stage disabled my account until PayPal's ruling:

Sent: 19 May 2012 03:53 AM
To: Riaan
Subject: Account on Hold

Riaan,

Your account has been suspended pending PayPal resolution.

FxTickData

Almost 3 weeks later PayPal ruled in FXTickData's favour as software/data is not covered in there T&C. I accepted the ruling and waited for FXTickData to reactivate my account. Another 2 days passed with no contact from FXTickData regarding my account.

I once again had to e-mail them asking them to activate my account:

Sent: 08 June 2012 07:26 PM
Subject: Re: Account on Hold

Done
----- Original Message -----
To: 'FxTickData'
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:24 PM
Subject: RE: Account on Hold

As per PayPal they have rule in your favour, it’s sad to say I’m “stuck” with your service. Please unlock my account and I expect an additional month worth of service as my account was locked for the last month.

So at this stage I tried to make the best of what I had, I asked them as per there e-mail to please help with getting the 3rd part tools to work:

Sent: 08 June 2012 07:42 PM
Subject: Re: FxTickData Registration

Please follow instructions on Berts site.
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:30 PM
Subject: RE: FxTickData Registration

So, tell me how to use FXTickData with Bert’s patches to back test my EA?

The response I got was rather shocking and not much help and at this stage I was not happy at all! So I questioned them about the supposed support they offered, I told them I will make sure nobody else would get caught by their false advertising, and got the following response from them.

Sent: 08 June 2012 07:49 PM

Sorry. But we do not support people who lie about us to PayPal and who now threaten us with slander. Slander is a felony and we will subpoena anything we find regarding slander. We have over 1400 clients and you are the first one with such a problem.
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2012 1:47 PM

So that is you “support” that you promise on your website to help your users. Clearly you guys are a bunch of “thieves” and I will make sure everybody knows that!

This is where things got out of hand and there was an exchange of e-mails.

Sent: 08 June 2012 08:23 PM

Please also tell me WTF did I lie to PayPal about anything?!!?

Sent: 08 June 2012 07:49 PM

Sorry. But we do not support people who lie about us to PayPal and who now threaten us with slander. Slander is a felony and we will subpoena anything we find regarding slander. We have over 1400 clients and you are the first one with such a problem.

After this they deleted my user account and I could not access the data anymore. I left it and after a few days and calmed down I decided to send them an e-mail to apologise and requested that they reactivate my account. I would have been happy at that stage with just having my account back and use the data as 1min and not tick data.

Sent: 11 June 2012 11:48 AM
Subject: Account Reactivation

Hi,

Firstly I hereby apologise for the statements I made on Friday.

I request that you please reactivate my account as per the service I have purchased.

Regards,
Riaan

Well up to now I have not had any response from them, I have sent another 3 e-mail asking for my account to be reactivate with no luck. I would have left it as a BAD experience never to be repeated again, BUT lately my info has been submitted/sold to Forex brokers and in the last 2 weeks I’ve had +-15 of them phone me.

I’m not saying FXTickData sold or is using my data, it just makes me wonder.

How nice of them. You are the first client to report a problem, so they feel it has to be your fault. You file a protest with PayPal and they cut off your service permanently.

Go back to PayPal and see if you can file a new claim based on non-delivery of services. They have refused to provide a service that you have paid for. If you used a credit card to fund the payment, consider talking to the fraud department at your credit card issuing bank.

I found nothing bad about this company but now google shows the FPA thread first.

I don't think it is fair.

Furthermore, you can download various scripts for free .

Tick data downloads | Birt's EA review

Metatrader users don't pay for the platform and don't pay for the data feed (This is probably the reason why they also expect free money for trading - a so called bonus)

You should consider subscribing to a real time data feed so that you can export data in various format including tick data.

Back