• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Free Forex Trading Practice. Where to go?

cogitoergosum

Recruit
:)Where can a person go to get a free practice account and not get hassled by the site to join etc? Is there such a place that provides a free practice account and the software to use until your ready to live trade , preferably has no time limit and wont call trying to get you to join etc??? If not where are the best places to go for free practice and why is it that you beleive these sites are preferred? ie. What is it about these sites that make them preferred to other sites? Please, give feedback that contains links to the sites that are discussed. Thanks for your assistance!

Most MT4 brokers will let you open a free demo account. Usually, the demo expires after 30 days, but you can just create a new demo account then.

To guarantee not getting hassled, create a separate yahoo or gmail account just for opening demo accounts and give that to them. Don't risk giving our your real phone number until you are ready to open a live account. Even brokers that don't call now might change policies and start calling.

Forex Basics Website

Hi there,
I can recommend a forex trading education website called ForexFace. It's a comprehensive forex resource as opposed to a trading / practice platform, but it's a good starting point. There is also a good / new practice platform called etoro.com

Alpari will give you MT4 to play with and have left me completely alone.

Capital Spreads have a demo Spread betting account as do Barclays Stockbrokers but their platform is stone age.

As said above (or below) do not give your normal email or phone number to them. I was pestered by a very earnest and aggressive American woman on my car phone which I check once a week, for messages. Since she always rang in the middle of the night (in the UK, she never got me before she gave up, so clever, earning a bundle, but not savvy enough to figure out the time difference.

Last edited:
Hello people, how are you in this complex week for the markets and the economy in general?, I´m starting on the forex trade, and I´m very satisfied with my metatrader 4 that I downloaded from Tradeviewforex.com. I am having a really good experience and starting to learn how to apply the indicators and some other tools. And I want to thank the customer service from tradeviewforex as they have been an angel to me and had the patience to sort out all the questions and mistakes I was doing...

Greetings, platform МТ4, it is valid very good, there is an opportunity to add indicators, the adviser which can be programmed most

:)Where can a person go to get a free practice account and not get hassled by the site to join etc? Is there such a place that provides a free practice account and the software to use until your ready to live trade , preferably has no time limit and wont call trying to get you to join etc??? If not where are the best places to go for free practice and why is it that you beleive these sites are preferred? ie. What is it about these sites that make them preferred to other sites? Please, give feedback that contains links to the sites that are discussed. Thanks for your assistance!

I would personally recomend starting with CMS at cmsfx.com, their platform is really simple and fun, so you will get used to trade with them with no problems at all and then you could move to any broker you want.

remember, CMS does slippage, so be carefull, they also hunt for Stoplosses.

Alpari have not even contacted me and I have two demo accounts and have blown another. They use MT4 which can be downloaded for free.

Back