• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Searching Free Real Time News Feed

Help me find a company

superherobyday

Private, 1st Class
Anybody know a good free, or inexpensive forex news feed? I keep getting annihilated on trades because some event happens or some other unscheduled news comes out and price goes on holiday.

Jarratt Davis has a pretty awesome sounding feed, but it's $200/month :/

Cheers

Last edited:
Almost all brokers have an economic calendar and news feed and various free sites that specialize in trading. I don't think that's such a big problem right now. Although I think that news is really one of the most important tools in Forex and it is they that open up completely new perspectives.

I think it's normal that traders collect information from different sources, because each site has its own specifics and features. And they can't cope with 100% of the actual information. So I would recommend either using several sources at once (you've already been recommended here) or focusing on a certain group of assets.

I advise you not to focus on one information resource, even if you think it is reliable. Look for different sources and compare the information you found with each other. Three sources are enough for you. I also advise you not to buy subscriptions to paid sources; in practice, they are not much more useful than your analysis.

There is no such resource. But there are some pretty good ones that give you some basics that you can use in your work.
In general, today analytics has reached a new level and working with it has become much easier. And this is certainly good news for modern traders.

There is no such resource. But there are some pretty good ones that give you some basics that you can use in your work.
In general, today analytics has reached a new level and working with it has become much easier. And this is certainly good news for modern traders.
feeds are ok and there are plenty out there. its the unsceduled events and speeches that have me up in the air

Well, today it is not a problem at all, you open any analytical resource and see an infinite flow of information...

I'm sticking to my original advice in this thread from 2015. CNBC or a similar financial news channel will not only report on planned news releases as they come out, but also will break into planned programming to talk about any unplanned happenings that are big enough to shake financial markets.

Back