FrPro UK Ltd. - Suspicious change in USDJPY 'live streamed' and 'historical' trading data

AC1962

Recruit
Hi FPA members

There was a significant momentary large move dip in the USDJPY on 2 Jan 2019, around 00:35am (GMT+2). Though this event had a positive impact on my own trading, I subsequently noticed a significant discrepancy between FxPro UK Ltd.'s USDJPY 'live streamed' min low data value (99.894) recorded to my instance of MT4, and the min low 'historical' log data value (104.54) that FxPro UK Ltd. subsequently published across their web site and for download from FxPro UK Ltd. MT4 Historical Center. It is as if FxPro UK Ltd. subsequently purged their originally live streamed min low value (99.894).

The min low value of 104.54 being very close to that published by other Forex vendors, for this same USDJPY event.

See attached PDF copy of my email communications with FxPro UK Ltd. about this event, comprising 4x emails, with 7x graphical screenshots to explain what I observed.

I would greatly appreciated comment from FPA members if they think my observation is a genuine incident, as FxPro UK Ltd. claim, of :

"Please note that we have received an invalid off-market price from one of our liquidity providers, which led to this invalid data on the platform.
We have since adjusted the Minimum Bid price to the market benchmark."

Or do you think it more likely that this discrepancy in FxPro UK Ltd. USDJPY data may be the result of data manipulation by FxPro UK Ltd., attempting to take advantage of a significant momentary large move dip on the USDJPY to scam customers?

Have other FPA members observed similar discrepancies between 'live streamed' and 'historical' trading data published by FxPro UK Ltd. in the past?

I am mainly concerned about retaining future confidence in using FxPro UK Ltd. as my main Forex broker into the future. To date I personally have little concern, after using FxPro UK Ltd. for nearly 2yrs.

I welcome your comments
Thanks
AC1962

Attachments

• FxPro UK - USDJPY Event 20190102 - Emails to 20190104.pdf
    693.5 KB · Views: 8
Hi FPA members

There was a significant momentary large move dip in the USDJPY on 2 Jan 2019, around 00:35am (GMT+2). Though this event had a positive impact on my own trading, I subsequently noticed a significant discrepancy between FxPro UK Ltd.'s USDJPY 'live streamed' min low data value (99.894) recorded to my instance of MT4, and the min low 'historical' log data value (104.54) that FxPro UK Ltd. subsequently published across their web site and for download from FxPro UK Ltd. MT4 Historical Center. It is as if FxPro UK Ltd. subsequently purged their originally live streamed min low value (99.894).

The min low value of 104.54 being very close to that published by other Forex vendors, for this same USDJPY event.

See attached PDF copy of my email communications with FxPro UK Ltd. about this event, comprising 4x emails, with 7x graphical screenshots to explain what I observed.

I would greatly appreciated comment from FPA members if they think my observation is a genuine incident, as FxPro UK Ltd. claim, of :

"Please note that we have received an invalid off-market price from one of our liquidity providers, which led to this invalid data on the platform.

Or do you think it more likely that this discrepancy in FxPro UK Ltd. USDJPY data may be the result of data manipulation by FxPro UK Ltd., attempting to take advantage of a significant momentary large move dip on the USDJPY to scam customers?

Have other FPA members observed similar discrepancies between 'live streamed' and 'historical' trading data published by FxPro UK Ltd. in the past?

I am mainly concerned about retaining future confidence in using FxPro UK Ltd. as my main Forex broker into the future. To date I personally have little concern, after using FxPro UK Ltd. for nearly 2yrs.

I welcome your comments
Thanks
AC1962
Did you chat with a broker about this yet?

Did you chat with a broker about this yet?
Or you got this answer from them "Please note that we have received an invalid off-market price from one of our liquidity providers, which led to this invalid data on the platform.

Hi FxMaster
Yes, I talked to broker straight away. Their answer was as you quoted in your post. Full communication with broker is given in PDF attachment to my initial post.
Thanks
AC1962

Back