FTS Toolkit - Break Even EA - Minimize risk with setting break even automatically

I cant understand how to use this indicator. also on gold, how this indicator count 1 pip? 0.01?
this indicator doesnt move break even after a predefined number of pips on positive direction? and not only 1 time but for every time the pair moves?(for example if i have set my sl to 20 pips then for every 20 pips on positive direction to move my sl)

Last edited:
I cant understand how to use this indicator. also on gold, how this indicator count 1 pip? 0.01?
this indicator doesnt move break even after a predefined number of pips on positive direction? and not only 1 time but for every time the pair moves?(for example if i have set my sl to 20 pips then for every 20 pips on positive direction to move my sl)

On gold one pip is 0.1 with this, on EURUSD 0.0001.

First step in the code is to check whether the position is already in break even. Let's say if Break_Even_in_Pips is 1.0 then s/l must be on the profitable side by 1 pip. If s/l is less profitable than that and price is at least with Break_Even_Trigger_in_Pips in profit then EA moves s/l to +1.0 pip. That's all.

EA doesn't do anything? Is there a smiley in the upper right corner?

Executing on a pair that it wasn't attached to

Peter, I wonder if you can help. I had an order open yesterday which I was not using the EA for however it executed and did its stuff regardless. It was a GBPJPY order and I think the order was executed through the EA having been attached to the GBPNZD chart. Would there be any reason/explanation for this and is there a way to avoid it happening again? Thanks and regards...

That sounds weird because I just checked the code and OrderModify() function is called only after these filters:

if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol())
if ((OrderType() == OP_BUY) || (OrderType() == OP_SELL))

that is it can modify trades only on the chart's currency pair and only buys or sells. So I have no clue how it happened...

If it happens again please take a look at Experts tab on the bottom to see messages from EAs - hopefully we have more details then.

MT4 build 600

Hello again Peter. Thanks for the reply. Next time it happens I'll let you know what it says in the journal. Another snag today which is that Alpari seems to have changed its MQL4 language in its latest build which means that the EA is currently not working. I have tried 'compile' as they have suggested but it just shows 30 error messages following that. The email received from Alpari today was:

From: Alpari (UK) Customer Services <CustomerServices@alpari.co.uk>
Date: 14 March 2014 15:22
Subject: Alpari uk - Build 600
Cc: "Alpari (UK) Customer Services" <CustomerServices@alpari.co.uk>

Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting us.

A short description to the MT4 updates Build 600.

1) As you may know the location of the folders has been moved within the MT4 folder.

Additionally the MQL4 language changed which interferes with the installed EAs and Indicators.

2) The new location of the Experts and Indicator folders is: MT4 > MQL4 > Experts / Indicators

3) In there, the EAs need to be saved. However, since their language is not compatible with the new MQL4 language any more, clients will have difficulties to use them.

4) In order to bring them align with the new language they will need to compile the old language set up (hope you still follow J )

5) There are 2 options.

5a) the client will need to contact his EA provider and ask him to adjust the EA settings/language to be able to function on the new MT4 again.

5b) some clients wrote their own EA and they will need to do the following:

=> Navigate to Tools > MetaQuotes Language Editor

cid:image003.jpg@01CF2260.88FCFE00

=> a new window will appear.

=> navigate to View > Navigator and the Navigator box will appear in this window.

cid:image007.jpg@01CF2260.88FCFE00

=> select the EA / Indicator you would like to use and needs to be updated and double click on it.

=> alternatively you will need to navigate to File > Open and find the relevant EA / Indicator in the folder saved on the computer and select it from there.

=> the relevant EA script will appear in the main window.

cid:image012.jpg@01CF2260.88FCFE00

=> click on ‘Compile’ in the toolbar on top of the main window.

cid:image013.jpg@01CF2260.88FCFE00

=> a message will appear in the ‘Toolbox’ window on the bottom.

cid:image014.jpg@01CF2260.88FCFE00

=> Once this is done the MT4 should be reopened and the EA /Indicator should be able to use again.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Matteo Mercurio
Client Services Representative

Email: support@alpari.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7426 2900
Fax: +44 (0)20 7426 2949
Web: Alpari UK | Forex (FX) Brokers | Online Forex Trading Company

Alpari (UK) Ltd
5th Floor
201 Bishopsgate
London
EC2M 3AB

Hi,

I just tested it on build 610 and I added some lines for the sake of safety. See the very beginning of the first post under 'Quick update'.

Peter

Hi,
I sometimes want to trade a breakout on a shorter time frame when the PA is ranging. Since these breakouts often happen very quickly I frequently miss them.
What I'd like to do is set up two orders that are mirror images of one another, one buy and one sell, with the price trigger just outside the range top and bottom. Then when the movement happens one of the orders is triggered. I can set up pending orders, but want to have the other order cancelled as soon as the first is triggered. I've seen this in other systems called OCO or One Cancels Other, but I cannot find one that works in MT4. Do you have this EA, do you know where I can find one, or are you planning to develop it? Thanks

Hello Mr Peter O : -
im trying to have ur ea form the links above ..
i only download mq4 file cause that what i have link for & the attachment is invalid
pls help me & thanx .

Back