FTS Toolkit - RSI Returning Signal - Indicator showing significant RSI returning signals

The RSI indicator seems to work very well, but I cannot get the sound to work. I coded it in and complied it. I also check the sound folder to make sure "alerts.wav" was there. It just will not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The RSI indicator seems to work very well, but I cannot get the sound to work. I coded it in and complied it. I also check the sound folder to make sure "alerts.wav" was there. It just will not work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is weird because MT4 plays a default sound anyway even if the file doesn't exist or even the whole Sounds directory is empty.

I just wrote a test script with which you can listen to all default sounds in an MT4. You will hear even the default sound and you will see the file name that is being played. You can specify which sound file should be played by a boolean filter - you just need to change true/false values in the source header. (Copy this to the experts/scripts folder and compile.)

I hope it helps - or at least you will notice immediately when your pc starts playing sounds with MT4.

Last edited:
I must be doing something wrong ...

Peter

Thanks for putting these EA's up for us to use.

My problem is that on one of my live accounts - with Gallant Capital Markets - they don't all appear to be working.

FPA experts 2.PNG FPA experts.PNG

When I drag the SpreadMarker and TrailingStop EA's onto the chart, they work fine, (except I can't confirm the TrailingStop EA as I haven't had a trade get far enough into profit yet to trigger the trailing/BE points yet!)

... but the other two, BandwidthRatio, and RSIReturningSignal, both don't appear to do anything at all. The properties box doesn't appear... nothing at all.

I'm assuming I can have more than one on a chart at a time - correct?

Even without any other EA's on a chart, there is nothing happening when I drag them over - there is a tiny grey box on the pointer, indicating that it is moving the EA over, but then nothing happens.

What can I do to get it working?

UncleBigPete

Peter

Thanks for putting these EA's up for us to use.

My problem is that on one of my live accounts - with Gallant Capital Markets - they don't all appear to be working.

View attachment 11623 View attachment 11622

When I drag the SpreadMarker and TrailingStop EA's onto the chart, they work fine, (except I can't confirm the TrailingStop EA as I haven't had a trade get far enough into profit yet to trigger the trailing/BE points yet!)

... but the other two, BandwidthRatio, and RSIReturningSignal, both don't appear to do anything at all. The properties box doesn't appear... nothing at all.

I'm assuming I can have more than one on a chart at a time - correct?

Even without any other EA's on a chart, there is nothing happening when I drag them over - there is a tiny grey box on the pointer, indicating that it is moving the EA over, but then nothing happens.

What can I do to get it working?

UncleBigPete

I can think of that you've copied BandwithRatio and RSIReturningSignal also to 'experts' folder. These are custom indicators so you need to copy them into 'experts/indicators' folder and you will find them below 'Custom Indicators' on 'Navigator' panel. Then you can have more indicators on a single chart but only one expert at a time.

I hope it helps - tell me if it doesn't obey.

I can think of that you've copied BandwithRatio and RSIReturningSignal also to 'experts' folder. These are custom indicators so you need to copy them into 'experts/indicators' folder and you will find them below 'Custom Indicators' on 'Navigator' panel. Then you can have more indicators on a single chart but only one expert at a time.

I hope it helps - tell me if it doesn't obey.

duh ... PEBCAK

I feel like such an idiot. I've been trading for a living for about 12 years, and using MT4 for most of that time, and I obviously skipped over your installation instructions.

Sorry to take up some of your time with something that was just human error.

and Thanks again.

I can't get this to attach to a chart, i tried all the ways you can the tickchartdraw doesn't attach either, but the trailing stop works, not sure what to do, i restarted everything i have them in indicators

Last edited:
I can't get this to attach to a chart, i tried all the ways you can the tickchartdraw doesn't attach either, but the trailing stop works, not sure what to do, i restarted everything i have them in indicators

Is it possible that you copied RSI Returning Signal and Tick Chart Draw directly to {Terminal folder}/experts/? It happened to me also that I forgot to copy them into 'indicators' folder there. This can be a reason why indicator codes don't work as MT4 tries to apply them as EAs.

Back