Fundamentals Vs Technicals

Fundamentals Vs Technicals! Which do you use to place trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no analysis (between techncial and fundamenutal) which is better for making analysis because both analysis can help traders to find out the best decision in trading. Technical analysis is usually used when there is no high impact news appearing but fundamental analysis is the best to use in high impact news. So, it will be good if you're capable to use both analysis in different time as it needs. Also, technical analysis like making support and resistance point so it can be used to limit maximum loss with setting SL in those area.

You are very true , if its will good when there trader can combine both of technical and fundamental analyze , as long as they have good expertize in reading the news trading also skillfulness in taking position from analyzing as technically . But in reality so many trader who ignore about the impact of certain news which they trade depend on their technically

You are very true , if its will good when there trader can combine both of technical and fundamental analyze , as long as they have good expertize in reading the news trading also skillfulness in taking position from analyzing as technically . But in reality so many trader who ignore about the impact of certain news which they trade depend on their technically

There is no analysis (between techncial and fundamenutal) which is better for making analysis because both analysis can help traders to find out the best decision in trading. Technical analysis is usually used when there is no high impact news appearing but fundamental analysis is the best to use in high impact news. So, it will be good if you're capable to use both analysis in different time as it needs. Also, technical analysis like making support and resistance point so it can be used to limit maximum loss with setting SL in those area.

I don't know exactly where more superior between technicals analysis if compare with fundamental analyze , but for personal opinion i've tend to fundamental side , cause in most of times the market drives by high impact news like NFP news , FOMC , bank rate , EDP , PPI , CPI and many others high impact news . But from my observation so many traders are exciting to analyze the market with technically side like draw the trend line , calculate the support and resistance and other ways

I agree with 1% of what's being said and totally disagree with the other 99%

This is just my opinion take it as you wish, I have big shoulders so I can take it but 1st off the way I see it is yes fundamentals you see big spikes in price (around news events) but its market makers that move the price before the news to set them self up for the rigged news spikes and get rid of the dead wood in the process (see retail trader) so for me short term and even medium term fundamental's is just smoke & mirrors, the news is only to move price to hit TP and get entry's. Have you not hear the saying buy the rumor and sell the news? Have you not see on a big news event the price spike up for example and then just retrace back down in the following days? it just goes on and on!

Here is a prime example of what I am trying to say, Live trades I posted just recently ahead of time with entrys, SL and TP on waist book (facebook) purely technical analysis in real time with screen shots ect.

March 18 ·

AUDUSD H1 Buy trade:

I see a short term buy signal on AUDUSD

Brought @ market 0.7621 SL 0.7545 TP 0.7730

Caution should be used as there is potentially bearish hidden divergence on H4, So keep an eye out for any updates!
AU H1.jpg

March 19 ·

AUDUSD H1 Buy trade UPDATE:

With FOMC due out in 1hr I have taken half this trade off the table for a profit of 42pips to protect my profits!

Also to protect my profits on second half of trade from potential FOMC volatility I have moved my SL 10pips above my entry, so my SL is now set @ 0.7631 and my TP is the same @ 0.7730
AU H1 2.jpg

March 19 ·

My short term setup worked out well with FOMC pushing price to my TP!

1st half of trade +42pips
2nd half of trade +109pips
AU H1 3.jpg

March 19 ·

AUDUSD H1 Buy Trade:

After the FOMC AUDUSD spiked up giving nice short term buy opportunity so I will be scaling in with three buy limit orders!

Buy limit's @ 0.7718 & 0.7688 & 0.7645
SL 0.7580
1st TP 0.7846
AU H1 4.jpg

March 20 · Edited ·

All three buy Limit orders were triggered!
au h1 5.jpg

March 23 · Edited ·

Price missed my TP by about 13pips and is now giving bearish divergence on H1 so I have decided to close the three trades out manually for a total profit of 308pips

FPA will only let me attach 5 pics so I will continue in the post with the 6th screenshot:rolleyes:

AU H1 6.jpg

I hope you get my point!

Remember everything that's known in the market is already priced in therefore technical analysis is the leading indicator and fundamentals are a lagging indicator;)

Of cause this does not include unexpected fundamental news events like a natural disaster ect,ect

And another point I must make and that is nothing is 100%

Last edited:
A purely technical trader also stay away from entering any fresh trades near big news events because there are much more possibilities of getting to much disturbing movement in the market near those major news.

I have been using technical analysis for placing my trades in the forex market, but it is always best for the traders if they can be able to combine both the technical and fundamental analysis for taking the trades along the right side of the market direction.

I have been using technical analysis for placing my trades in the forex market, but it is always best for the traders if they can be able to combine both the technical and fundamental analysis for taking the trades along the right side of the market direction.

Its pretty enough when you has skillfulness in analyzing the forex market as technically , but the most important always care about risk that will happen when there are news will be released cause some news can drive the market till hundreds of points.

Mostly traders do trading on technical analysis , they find every day technical analysis on forex sites and brokers sites. It is good for starters to do trading on technicals. They feel confident on it . After some experience they goes towards news trading.

Both have their importance, but majority of traders use technical analysis for their trading. As understanding and implementing news trading is way complex than technical trading.

I also agree with both Technical & Fundamental arguments up to a point. When there is an obvious Technical setup, go with with....but, if you have open positions.....especially large positions.... keep your ears wide open for any fundamental news that might impact your open trades.
There really is no clear cut way to trade the forex market.
As someone told me a long time ago, there are tons of educational material out there and a whole lot of "experts" who can teach you how to trade, BUT ultimately its up to you and you alone to decide on how you should trade and with the system that you are comfortable with, have confidence in, and that works for you.

Yes implement of technical analysis is easy . beginners specially rely on technicals . they read daily technicals and find their best time according to it. I also started with technical after it I use fundamental analysis in trading.

Back