Future of Forex?

I think it will be a long way before computers take over trading completely. The market exists, because we as humans beings think differently, that is why we have a seller for a buyer and a buyer for a seller. If everyone thought the same way there would be no market.

Our accounts are already ''managed'' through our computer when we download the platform with some broker's MT 4/5 programs with illegal software - others manually interfere - FPA has files full of some of these operators.

The smart traders with good knowledge of computers will in my humble opinion most likely handle the change quite well whilst the other 95% will not. Ooopps isn't that already the case?

More insight on the topic: Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt
Micheal Lewis on HFT and market rigging.

I think even if the trading becomes very automted, it will still need a lot of human interaction. Forex trading needs some imperfection (humans) to work.

Like gambling, if you win, then someone has to lose in order to collect your prize for the money of other people.

Last edited:
That’s what I've heard lately in the news, but we should remember that the computer are made by humans, so there will be a human touch at the end, but if the automated trading take place it will cause some serious concerns as it is hard to beat a machine.

That’s what I've heard lately in the news, but we should remember that the computer are made by humans, so there will be a human touch at the end, but if the automated trading take place it will cause some serious concerns as it is hard to beat a machine.

Well computers can be taugh very fast and I think in a couple of decades there will be less humans than machines. Sorry for being pessimistic there.

Well , if we take into account how humans learn.
A. by percentile association.(if in my mind its 70% bad i wont do it)

B.Social Cues.

For now , computers can do A and learn by failure essentially or first hand experience.

Well as for me, automated trading isn't impossible but human is trading much more differently than a.k.a robot trader. Since we all know that the market is changing rapidly and unpredictably, one needs thinking abilities to be able to cope up with this and machines doesn't have this.

I can see it coming too, since everything has now been automated, but the question is what will be the biggest challenge if such changes comes.

Back