FX Education sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

trader39aus

Recruit
I am a real newbie to fx and have been looking for some sites that have quality education information that don't require me to buy something or set up an account.

I signed up to a fx trading game I saw listed on sharescene and thought this could be a solid way to get some real experience.

Any directions of education that is unbiased in terms of platform?

The educational section on babypips.com site is just awesome! The information they provide is well-laid out and concise. It's organized in a very original way representing all the stages of school education. It's just a splendid incentive, I think, and helps to see your progress clearly. But what I really love is that entertaining and light-hearted manner in which they deliver the information. So you don't feel tired or depressed in the least.

If you are just starting out on your forex journey add these to your bag of essentials: Read "The Complete Turtle Trader" by Michael Covel. Learn some forex trading strategies in a place like Everestforex. (You can even receive a $100 free bonus to trade if you pass their simulator). For the forex basics, check out ForexTrendFollowing. Hope you find it helpful. Happy trading!

Helpful for analyzing charts

james16 Chart Thread @ Forex Factory

Valuable videos in the guest area

James 16 Group

Join free members area of

chrislori.com

Firmer education here

Trading Underground::Welcome

Learn necessary skills here

Trading Education

Also

babypips.com and fpa's education as mentioned

brokers offer webinars too,

fxcm, mbtrading, pfgbest

Give yourself time and watch a lot of charts, daily for at least a year.

I'm not advocating illegal downloads, but it's no crime to look (I think). They tend to bundle together the best books. Read them all.

Good luck.

Have to agree babypips.com is brilliant for newbies (like me) :confused: I've also been viewing the educational videos on my broker's website which are quite good too :)

HTH
Caz

How long does it usually take for us newbies to learn trading and start making small bets?
1.gif

How long does it usually take for us newbies to learn trading and start making small bets?
1.gif

You should trade a demo account immediately. If you can be profitable on a demo account and have a good feel for a strategy or two, get a tiny account and trade live with tiny positions. It will be like starting new all over again. When you're profitable you can add more. The time from new-to-profitable can be as little as 6 months or as long as never.

Good luck.

"How long does it usually take for us newbies to learn trading and start making small bets?"

If you approach Forex like a gambler, then it's immediate. Just pick "Sell" or "Buy" and hope/pray for the best.

If you want to become a long term consistent profitable forex trader, then be properly educated in the world of forex and spend at least four semester reading up, complete with free practice Demo trading, and then going in live with a small trial Live trading account with a properly regulated forex broker which you have chosen after doing extensive research on them in various "Brokers Review" forums around the web.

That's the road all serious forex traders have to take and the experiences can be as pleasant or nasty as you make it to be.

My road was...hmmm, let me think!...exciting, full of expectations, disappointment, despair, elation, and now more like "Okay...so I made a mistake in judging market movement, now where did I go wrong?"....and move on as there is absolutely no point in anguishing over mistakes made.

One thing to remember is, "Never EVER use money that you cannot afford to loss as forex can be generous if your trades are right, but brutally vicious when market goes against your trades."

All the best in your journey and hope to see you guys around for a while!

"How long does it usually take for us newbies to learn trading and start making small bets?"

If you approach Forex like a gambler, then it's immediate. Just pick "Sell" or "Buy" and hope/pray for the best.

If you want to become a long term consistent profitable forex trader, then be properly educated in the world of forex and spend at least four semester reading up, complete with free practice Demo trading, and then going in live with a small trial Live trading account with a properly regulated forex broker which you have chosen after doing extensive research on them in various "Brokers Review" forums around the web.

That's the road all serious forex traders have to take and the experiences can be as pleasant or nasty as you make it to be.

My road was...hmmm, let me think!...exciting, full of expectations, disappointment, despair, elation, and now more like "Okay...so I made a mistake in judging market movement, now where did I go wrong?"....and move on as there is absolutely no point in anguishing over mistakes made.

One thing to remember is, "Never EVER use money that you cannot afford to loss as forex can be generous if your trades are right, but brutally vicious when market goes against your trades."

All the best in your journey and hope to see you guys around for a while!

I agree,
it really depends on how quick you learn new things and your time spent on them. one more thing, real practices is more important in forex trading.
start from small and never run before you can walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back