• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem fx-root.com HUGE SCAM

I am having an issue with a company

Dav12

Recruit
FX-Root.com have apparently being accepting large investment from client's for the past year. In the last few day's login details have been removed, all telephone communications have been disabled and the office has been vacated.

They say on their site that accounts are opened at Varengold Bank.

You should contact the bank directly.

A colleague made a trip to their offices yesterday to carry out a mini audit based on funds which had been transferred. To his surprise the company had fled the office and no contact could be made. After providing a lengthy report at the police station contact was made with the bank who confirmed an account but were not willing to discuss.

FX-Root inc

I also have been a victim of FX-Root inc. The owner of this company is a dutch guy with the name of Ezra Rafael van Groningen. It appears he has started a new website under the name www.fx-costa.com

@Dav12 Do you have any news from the Spanish police. I know that the Ezra (the owner of FX-Root) is registered at the Chamber of commerce in Barcelona. So they must be able to find him.

Last edited:
Guys, contact has been made with OTP bank regarding the client segregated account. Waitng on a response, a full investigation is taking place as we speak. Barcelona Fraud squad, lawyers ect. Will keep you up dated.
Can anyone confirm that Ezra is the actual Dutch actor?? Or has an identity been formed?

Dav12,

I have an contract with Fx-root signed by their director Ezra van Groningen. I will contact the Varengold Bank. I know that the require a copy of your passport when opening an account.

Below you will see the signiture of an email I have received from Mark Brown (he was my contact person at FX Root). You will see addresses of offices that are no longer mentioned on their website. If any one reading this able to visit these addresses that would be great. The phone lines are dead.

Mark Brown
Account Director

Direct Dial: +44 208 123 6735 Fax: +34 932 723 99 Mob: +34 673 634 896 Skype: mark1.fx.root.inc.

BARCELONA OFFICE
Calle Provenza 290 – 4/1b
08008 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: +34 932 160 672 Fax: +34 932 723 979 Mob +34 673 634 896

LONDON OFFICE
95 Wilton Road, Suite 3
SW1V 1BZ London, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)20 7193 3651 Fax: +44 (0)20 7900 2596

NEW YORK OFFICE
1461 First Avenue, # 360 New York
New York, NY 10075-2201, USA
Phone: +1 (646) 845 9187 Fax: +1 (646) 839 2562

Email: info@fx-root.com Website: www.fx-root.com Skype: mark1.fx.root.inc.

p.s. I do not know if this is the same person as the Dutch actor.

Last edited:
Not sure which bank details you were provided with for the fund transfer. There was meant to be a client segregated account set up with ourselves through OTP Bank Slovakia. Yes alias Mark Brown has dug his own hole at this stage, identity received.
There was never an office in London or NYC.The Barcelona office has been visited but as already mentioned, no one to be found "YET"

Back