• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi outofphase,

While I cannot speak about the NFA or CFTC complaint specifically due to the nature of our settlement, I can say that we have settled with the NFA and CFTC without admitting or denying any of their allegations or claims.

Something at odds with what you are saying is that FXCM would not have suffered more than $200 million dollars in losses during the SNB flash crash had we been taking the other side of client trades – unlike many dealing desk firms in the industry.

Jason

Let's start with the Forbes article:

"On Feb. 6, 2017, the NFA barred FXCM from membership due to “numerous deceptive and abusive execution activities that were designed to benefit FXCM, to the detriment of its customers.”"

source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/greats...what-it-means-for-forex-traders/#6cf0c30c177c

So whether FXCM neither admitted nor denied the CFTC findings which resulted in the CFTC's Order holding 'FXCM, Niv, and FXCM Holdings responsible for FXCM’s False Statements to the National Futures Association,' does not absolve FXCM from its wrongdoing and to be clear: the CFTC neither alleged nor claimed: the CFTC FOUND EVIDENCE OF DECEIT, ie making false statements, towards not only clients, but also the National Futures Association, and as a result, it issued an order banning FXCM and two founding partners, Dror (“Drew”) Niv, and William Ahdout, who were, respectively, Chief Executive Officer of FXCM and Managing Director of FXCM from doing business in the USA.

So basically, systematic and continuous (for over 5 years this was going on) unethical practices, and it's putting it mildly, were discovered by the regulator, and yet you come on these public forums trying to paint a rosy picture of the company as if it were no big deal, as if people should just shrugged it off and move on.

To quote the CTFC:

'The CFTC Order finds that, between September 4, 2009 though at least 2014 (the Relevant Period), FXCM engaged in false and misleading solicitations of FXCM’s retail foreign exchange (forex) customers by concealing its relationship with its most important market maker and by misrepresenting that its “No Dealing Desk” platform had no conflicts of interest with its customers. The Order finds FXCM, FXCM Holdings, and Niv responsible for FXCM making false statements to the National Futures Association (NFA) about its relationship with the market maker.

FXCM, under Niv’s and Ahdout’s direction and control, misrepresented to its retail forex customers that when they traded forex on FXCM’s No Dealing Desk platform, FXCM would have no conflict of interest, the Order finds. In addition, according to FXCM’s marketing campaign, retail customers’ profits or losses would have no impact on FXCM’s bottom line, because FXCM’s role in the customers’ trades was merely that of a credit intermediary, the Order finds. FXCM further represented that the risk would be borne by banks and other independent “market makers” that provided liquidity to the platform, according to the Order.

FXCM’s Undisclosed Interest

Contrary to these representations, the Order finds, FXCM had an undisclosed interest in the market maker that consistently “won” the largest share of FXCM’s trading volume – and thus was taking positions opposite FXCM’s retail customers. FXCM, the Order finds, formulated a plan in 2009 to create an algorithmic trading system, using an FXCM computer program that could make markets to FXCM’s customers, and thereby either replace or compete with the independent market makers on FXCM’s “No Dealing Desk” platform.

False Statements to the NFA

The Order also finds that FXCM willfully made false statements to NFA in order to conceal FXCM’s role in the creation of its principal market maker as well as the fact that the market maker’s owner had been an FXCM employee and managing director. The Order finds that during a meeting between NFA compliance staff and FXCM executives, Niv omitted to mention to NFA the details of FXCM’s relationship with the market maker.

The Order holds Niv and Ahdout liable for FXCM’s fraud violations as “controlling persons” who were responsible, directly or indirectly, for FXCM’s violations. Niv is also held liable for FXCM’s false statements to NFA as a controlling person who was responsible directly or indirectly for those violations. FXCM Holdings is held liable for FXCM’s fraud and false statement violations as principal of FXCM, the Order also finds.'

The full CFTC release here: http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/7528-17

But basically, it's easy to understand why FXCM behaved in this unethical manner. Since probability is against most traders, those traders who signed up for NDD (let's assume a kind of STP setup) would lose their money to the LPs instead of FXCM. So creating Effex was a roundabout way to keep these client losses in-house by decoupling FXCM from Effex on paper, the illusion of no-conflict-of-interest could be maintained.

The problem is the lying and the lack of transparency, which becomes a concern as the software booking all these NDD client trades could be tweaked to do god-knows-what, as in manipulating the client execution to such an extent as to maximise Effex and FXCM win ratio. Just another day in the longstanding tradition of the MT4 Virtual Dealer used by so many retail dealers to manipulate client execution so that trades would come out profitable for the dealer but not the client.

The motivation for all this: greed.

Now, to be fair, this also happens in the options market (look up the articles re Interactive Brokers exiting this market due to conflict of interest), and it happens in the stock and futures markets too where brokers will sell client flow to some upstream entity that will trade against the clients knowing that the vast majority will lose anyway. It's called 'shooting ducks in a barrel.' And for those who think that these markets cannot suffer from the same execution issues as the retail FX market, think again: All you have to do is look into the story of Haim Bodek and what happened to his company when trying to trade through BATS. Or look into how AMP Futures handles its client flow. So there's plenty of blame to go around.

In conclusion, although the practice is understandable, it remains unforgivable as, if not punished, it would condone the misbehavior of those who have the financial power and abuse it to take advantage of those who lack such power by taking away from them any possibility to engage in trading on a level playing field. Whether the fact that probability says that most traders will lose and thus the big guys are right to try to take advantage if it is irrelevant.

This is a question of principle. It is the principle of having a fair and level access to a fair market that is broken if we let these companies get away with it.

And that is why regulations and enforcement action by the regulator is necessary because without it, the little guy would never stand a chance against those who have the power to tilt the game in their favor. And that is not what trading should be about.

Put another way, if we want to be cynical about it and just throw our hands in the air and say that cheating is a fact of life, that's just how it is and just accept it, and continue down that path as well because there's nothing to be done, then we might as well go back to the Middle-Ages when people, sword in hand, would take matters in their own hands because this is the message here if no one does anything to clean up this industry. That is why we have rules and every player needs to abide by these rules. If we just want to pretend to abide, then WhyTF do we even bother having a legal system?

So to all traders reading this, please vote with your cash and take it to the few ethical brokers out there (or dealers, if they exist) and stop giving your business to those who cheat and lie without remorse--they do not deserve your business. This is how you will help clean up this mess of an industry.

But basically, it's easy to understand why FXCM behaved in this unethical manner. Since probability is against most traders, those traders who signed up for NDD (let's assume a kind of STP setup) would lose their money to the LPs instead of FXCM. So creating Effex was a roundabout way to keep these client losses in-house by decoupling FXCM from Effex on paper, the illusion of no-conflict-of-interest could be maintained.

Again at odds with what you are saying is if FXCM were acting as a market maker on NDD forex execution we would not have suffered more than $200 million dollars in losses during the SNB flash crash. On NDD forex execution, every order is offset one-for-one with a liquidity provider. The trader has a position with FXCM and FXCM has an offsetting position with the liquidity provider. When the trader went into a debit balance, that meant FXCM also had a debit balance with the liquidity provider that had to be covered. So what you are implying is at odds with what actually happened.

Please note the holiday hours for certain CFD products next week. All times are in New York EST.

Have a great weekend!

Attachments

• holiday hours 2017-04-28_13-47-42.jpg
    holiday hours 2017-04-28_13-47-42.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 3
Please note the holiday hours for certain CFD products next week due to the Memorial Day and Dragon Boat Festival holidays. All times are in New York EST.

djtRQAh.jpg

Weekly forex trader hours remain the same.

FXCM's quarterly spreads data was recently released, and for Q1 2017 EUR/USD and USD/JPY had an average spread of 0.2 and 0.4 pips respectively during peak trading hours on standard accounts with No Dealing Desk execution. 70% of EUR/USD and 61% of USD/JPY volume occurred during peak hours which are from 6 am to 6 pm GMT.

NIGfsF9.png

You can find the full report listing spread data for all forex pairs and CFDs attached to this post. The report compiles trading data from FXCM's Standard accounts for Q1 2017.

Jason

Disclaimer: The information provided is historical in nature and does not imply that FXCM maintains a particular capacity or performance level. Past results are not indicative of future performance. The price at which an order is executed does not negate the high level of risk involved with forex trading. Trading could result in losses regardless of the pricing quality of opening or closing transactions. Spreads Data comes from all available liquidity providers liquidity providers subject to change.

Attachments

• FXCM_spreads-report_ltd_2017Q1.pdf
    135.6 KB · Views: 5
Please note the holiday hours for certain CFD products on July 3 and 4. All times are in GMT.

fUSUmTO.jpg

There are no changes to forex trading hours.

Have a great weekend!

Jason

In addition to your pathetic scam abilities, fxcm now stoops to even lower levels. I had left 137 euros on my account a couple of years ago when I stopped trading on fxcm until I got an email that according to their new scamming policies now they will charge clients a fees on inactive accounts meaning that fxcm earns interest on the money pool of inactive accounts and then charge a fees for keeping it. As soon as I saw the email, thanks for your scam notification, I decided to withdraw the amount and close my fxcm account.
I completed the withdrawal process on myfxcm.com which is my personal page and I received a 'Action Required' email from the admin telling me that the credit card I had was expired and I could opt for a wire transfer. Ofcourse its understandable that the credit cards have 2-3 years expiration. So I completed a form on myfxcm page where I filled in the wire details. Note that the bank account I entered was the same when I signed up with fxcm. Its been almost 2 months since I have been trying to get the withdrawal to happen but it just wont. As Im not entitled to a live conversation with customer service anymore since I closed my account, I left numerous messages for my withdrawal request. I got these 2 emails. In reply to the first email I told yosef that I have filled in the wire details on myfxcm.com page. He never replied back and after sometime I left numerous messages again with customer service, I got another email asking me the same crap. I have left the wire details again and still no reply.
Guys its common sense. When I leave messages with customer service, they forward it to the admin. The admin sends an email with the subject Action Required because thats all what they are supposed to do and keep the deposit in their scam suspense account. Im also emailing a copy of this to FCA. The latest two emails from fxcm can be seen below. Screenshot from me email inbox is attached showing that I provided fxcm with bank wire details in september 2017.

Dear Faraz Ahmed,
Thank you for your continued interest in FXCM. We have received your recent withdrawal request.
Account Number: 87013897
Withdrawal Amount: 137.28 EUR

Please be advised of the following:
Our records show that your credit/debit card ending in 1515 has expired. Please reply to this email to confirm whether or not it is still a valid card. If the card is still active, please also confirm the new expiry date to prevent future delays. Substantial delays may occur for any withdrawals directed to expired credit/debit cards.
If the original card has been replaced, your withdrawal can still be processed provided your new credit card is linked to the same bank account. We recommend that you verify this with your financial institution prior to replying with confirmation. Note that, in some cases, clients may experience difficulty in receiving withdrawals directed to a credit/debit card that is linked to a replaced card.
Should the new card not be linked to the same account, please log in to www.MyFXCM.com to update your bank details and reply to this email with your preferred payment method for the remainder of the funds.
Click Hereto view a list of available withdrawal methods.
*Note that in some cases FXCM may be unable to return funds to a particular card if the corresponding deposit occurred more than one (1) year prior to the date of your withdrawal request.
FXCM offers excellent execution and easy accessibility to our clients. We provide live support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your feedback is important to us.
Regards,
Yosef Torres
Operations Associate
Operations - General Ops
International Fax Number: +1 212 897 7669
Email address: admin@fxcm.com

Dear Faraz Ahmed,
Account: 87013897
Amount requested: 137.28 EUR
Your credit pay withdrawal request cannot be processed: your card ending in x1515 is stated as expired in the system and cannot be used for credit pay withdrawal processing. The funds were reversed back to our suspense account as your trading account was already closed. You may select to have your funds sent via wire transfer and an exception will be made to have the wire fee waived in this instance. Please reply to this email providing a preferable withdrawal method and the most up to date banking information.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
FXCM offers excellent execution and easy accessibility to our clients. We provide live support 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Your feedback is important to us.
Regards,
Marina Nikolaeva
Operations - General Ops
International Fax Number: +1 212 897 7669
Email address: admin@fxcm.com
FXCM Home|MyFXCM|Contact FXCM

Attachments

• 2017-11-08_10-40-52.jpg
    2017-11-08_10-40-52.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 2
Hello Faraz,

I’d be happy to look into this for you. Please send me an email from the email address on file to jrogers@fxcm.com so that I can further investigate. Also, for your own security, I would suggest that you please not include your account number in a public forum.

Jason

Thanks for your reply Jason. I have closed this account so I didn't bother about it. I'm forwarding you all the details from the email address that I used to sign up with fxcm, Thanks again.

Tis the season
2728.png

Normally, the forex market trades 24 hours a day, 5 days a week without interruption even during major holidays around the world, and FXCM provides live customer support 24 hours a day even on weekends and holidays.

However, Christmas and New Years are the two exceptions. Here is a link to FXCM's holiday hours for trading and customer support during these holidays.

I’ll be out of the office until January 3rd and will respond to any posts or private messages when I return.

Happy Holidays!

Jason

Back