• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
Jason,

Question. Some of the talk about platforms etc. is over my head.

Anyhow. On the standard platform that loads up. Is there anyway to set up Entry Orders (eg. If a price point is reached it triggers a buy or sell, including TP and SL points). I can't find any information on it.

If no, does MT4 have that feature?

I'm not looking to be a day-trading scalper more of a long term (days to weeks).

Thanks. Wasn't sure where to write this and found this forum.

Jason,

Question. Some of the talk about platforms etc. is over my head.

Anyhow. On the standard platform that loads up. Is there anyway to set up Entry Orders (eg. If a price point is reached it triggers a buy or sell, including TP and SL points). I can't find any information on it.

If no, does MT4 have that feature?

I'm not looking to be a day-trading scalper more of a long term (days to weeks).

Thanks. Wasn't sure where to write this and found this forum.

Hi Max,

My apologies for not replying sooner. I hadn't subscribed to the thread and just now noticed your post. It is possible to add the stop and limit to the entry order if you have the FXCM UK trading platform. Whenever you open the entry order window, click the Advanced button and it will display the Stop and Limit options. See below images for details:

1. Entry Order Window

entryorderwindow.png

2. Orders Window
After creating the entry order, it will appear in the Orders Window (below the accounts window). There is a column titled Stop and Limit where the stop and limit order will appear.
orderswindows.png

If you downloaded the platform from FXCM US, it is possible that you don't have the option to add a stop and limit to a waiting entry order. The functionality had to be removed last year when the FIFO rules took effect that way the platform could be made compatible with new regulations. We're working to have it added back as soon as possible while still meeting regulatory requirements.

In the meantime, an alternative would be to use the Strategy Trader platform. A member of the programming community has created an EA which will automatically add the stop and limit to the entry order when the order is executed. Let me know if you would like more details, and I can post the EA along with instructions on how to set it up.

-Jason

Holiday Trading Hours

This Thursday Nov. 25, 2010 is the U.S. Thanksgiving Day holiday. Below are important announcements regarding trading hours and rollover.

Forex
There are NO CHANGES to forex trading hours. Forex trading will continue without interruption until the normal close time of 4:00pm ET on Friday. Even though there are no changes to trading hours, please be aware that there may be less liquidity due to the holiday which could affect market volatility and spreads.

CFD's
Certain CFD products will have modified trading hours due to the holiday. Below is a table and all times are in ET (New York time).

cfds11222010115435am.png

Rollover

Due to bank holidays this week, there will be 4X rollover on Tuesday Nov. 23rd and 0 rollover on Wednesday Nov. 24th for all currency pairs.

Lastly, I will be out of the office starting tomorrow (Tuesday Nov 23rd). Any questions posted after today will be answered on Monday Nov. 29th.

Cheers!

-Jason

No reviews for FXCM UK?

Is FXCM and FXCM UK consider as the one and same company?
If not, why aren't there any reviews for FXCM UK separately?

Is FXCM and FXCM UK consider as the one and same company?
If not, why aren't there any reviews for FXCM UK separately?

Hi f-man,

FXCM (FXCM.com) and FXCM UK (FXCM.co.uk) are both a part of FXCM Inc, the main parent company. As are FXCM's other entities such as FXCM Asia in Hong Kong (FXCMAsia.com), FXCM Australia (FXCM.com.au), etc.

There are multiple entities because each entity is regulated by the regulatory body which oversees that location.

Each entity offers forex trading through No Dealing Desk forex execution, and some offer additional products and services such as CFD's through FXCM UK which are not offered by FXCM US.

So while there are different entities you can open through for reasons related to location convenience, products, etc, the NDD forex execution with each is more or less the same.

-Jason

Hi f-man,

FXCM (FXCM.com) and FXCM UK (FXCM.co.uk) are both a part of FXCM Inc, the main parent company. As are FXCM's other entities such as FXCM Asia in Hong Kong (FXCMAsia.com), FXCM Australia (FXCM.com.au), etc.

There are multiple entities because each entity is regulated by the regulatory body which oversees that location.

Each entity offers forex trading through No Dealing Desk forex execution, and some offer additional products and services such as CFD's through FXCM UK which are not offered by FXCM US.

So while there are different entities you can open through for reasons related to location convenience, products, etc, the NDD forex execution with each is more or less the same.

-Jason

Thanks for clearing that out Jason.
I opened an account with FXCM UK and I will then post my review here soon.

Hello Traders,

I will be away from the forums from Dec 22, 2010 through Jan 3, 2011. Any questions posted for me during that time will be answered on Jan 4, 2011. Don't want you to think I'm avoiding you ;)

As a reminder, please take note of FXCM's modified hours due to the holidays which I added to this previous post: Holiday Hours

From myself and everyone at FXCM, have a happy holiday and a prosperous new year.

Jason
FXCM

For FXCM traders using the FX Trading Station II, please be aware that an update is being released this weekend for the platform. When you login to the platform on Sunday January 9, 2011, the platform will automatically update by itself. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact client services. Here's a list of the new features being added to the platform:

1. Margin Alerts - The color of the Usable Margin (Usbl Mr) column in the Accounts window will change according to the % of remaining usable margin. There is also a new margin alert that will inform you when your margin has fallen below specified levels.
  2. Per Pip and Margin Indicators - Per Pip and Margin indicators are added to the Create Market Order and Create Entry Order dialogs.

3. Time In Force - Fill or Kill (FOK) available for At Best orders. IOC and FOK are also available for Market Range orders.

4. Symbols Subscription Filter - You can now filter the Symbol Subscription List by whatever you type.

5. Amount Changes - The Amount drop-down list now has a final row that says “Other.” When “Other” is selected, you can type in any amount you want.

6. Chart Channels - New Equidistant Channel and Regression Channel tools are available.

7. New Indicators Added
Moving Averages:
- SMMA(Smoothed Moving Average)
- VIDYA(Chande’s Variable Index Dynamic Average)
- WMA(Wilders Moving Average)​

Bill Williams:
- AC(Acceleration/Deceleration)
- Alligator
- AO(Awesome Oscillator)
- Gator Oscillator

Volume Indicators (Tick volume based):
- AD(Accumulation/Distribution)
- CHO(Chaikin Oscillator)
- CMF(Chaikin Money Flow)
- OBV(On Balance Volume)
Oscillators:
- CMO(Chande Momentum oscillator)

Money in Motion Currency Trading

CNBC's tv show sponsored by FXCM premieres today, March 11 at 5:30pm ET. It was originally scheduled to launch on Feb. 25th, but it was delayed 2 weeks. Here are the show times:

United States
Premieres Friday, March 11th 5:30p ET

Europe
Premieres Friday, March 11th 23:30 CET

Asia
Premieres Saturday, March 12th 0630 SIN/HK

Australia
Premieres Saturday, March 12th 0930 AEDT​

Back