• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
its rough out there?

I walk in on bended knee before Ernest the wise. Ok, yes I thought FXCM UK would be the better of the evil twins, and yes you warned me! OK, this is what I have noticed. FXCM spreads are extremely tight, but because the execution is rather mediocre (and so killing off potential profit amount) it does not compare to my other broker. My other broker's spreads are not as tight, none of them in fact, but because my "2nd" broker has killer execution, the slippage is mostly very small, where FXCM may have a .5 or 1 pip better spread, their execution killed it off to so as to equal or be worse than my other broker's.

Mr Cabot- i believe you will do fine in the end because you now understand the true nature of ALL Brokers. I think almost all seasoned Forex traders have been "bent over" by some Broker at some point. Only makes you a wiser,better trader.
The biggest broker on the block aint the best-by far. Wish you all the best and many future pips. Please post often and let all members know your glory trades too. I got creamed yesterday on 2 trades for 101 pip loss(made it back today with 4 pips to spare) . No one-and I mean no one wins every trade.

FXCM

Hi to all,
I've just signed up with fxcm $2000 account and made a profit of $3175 in just two days. Total Balance $5175 with a total of 99 trades of which 10 loses. and using the signals from forexautomoney only. But be aware dont use the signals from dailyfx+ they are all misleading and c**p. The strategies ask you to buy or sell and when the trade goes in loss they just close it down mostly without even informing and mostly they give signal for both buy and sell at the same time.
Thankx to all
Have a good trading week best of luck.

Hi to all,
I've just signed up with fxcm $2000 account and made a profit of $3175 in just two days. Total Balance $5175 with a total of 99 trades of which 10 loses. and using the signals from forexautomoney only. But be aware dont use the signals from dailyfx+ they are all misleading and c**p. The strategies ask you to buy or sell and when the trade goes in loss they just close it down mostly without even informing and mostly they give signal for both buy and sell at the same time.
Thankx to all
Have a good trading week best of luck.

The DailyFX+ Trading signals will list a stop or trailing stop for the trade. If the stop loss is hit and the trade is closed, an alert will appear in the alerts section and the trade will be removed from the trade details section. Below is a screenshot of the trading signals. I circled in red the stop loss in the Trading Details section. The picture shows GBP/USD T1:1.6322. T stands for trailing stop. If it were a static stop, it would have the letter S. I also circled two lines in the Alerts section which will update when the trade is closed either by the stop loss or limit order.

3833252389_93d6041397.jpg

The trading signals can give conflicting signals to both buy and sell as it is showing for the USD/CAD in the picture. The signals are based on different strategies. If different strategies are giving conflicting signals then it may not be the best signal to take. Also, the signals are based off of 3 strategies: Momentum, Breakout, and Range. If the market is approaching the top of a range, the range signal would naturally give a signal to sell and breakout may give a signal to buy for a potential breakout, so conflicting signals could happen between strategies as well.

What you can do is review the performance at the bottom of the page which gives a rolling 60 day performance to let you know which strategies have been performing the best during recent market conditions.

And if anyone would like to login to DailyFX+ to review or test the signals, you can register for a free trial here Forex Trading Signals

Jason

Last edited:
FXCM

I am a bit surprised with the bad comments being madeabout FXCM. I have an account with them for about 3 years. No problem whatsoever in executing any trade. Sometimes I trade heavily - closing position in 5 mins.
I think you guys have computer messed up - too many conflicting softwares. Trading is serious biz and the computers also feel the Tension ! Clean up all the software on your PC and give it a try again.
As for trading the News is concerned, anything can happen when the market is FAST. So, you should avoid such periods - I do.
A number of my friends are using FXCM too and no complaint. What I feel is MT4 may be making difficulties - there is no Holy Grail, MT4 or not. So, be patient and the money will come !

Have a profitable Day.

Vilas.

This one will shake it up a bit!

I just left FXCM after a 3 year stint.I am barley in the black after my 3 year ordeal . I just couldnt take the constant platform manipulation( freezing-unable to enter or exit trade-and having to reboot nearly everytime to continue.A:hissyfit:Any one else out there have similar problems?

I never thought for one moment I would be leaving "this kind of post" about a Forex Broker I used to revile. I HATED FXCM and everything connected to it. I have left maybe a dozen "hate" posts on this Forum alone. After leaving another one of those "hate" posts on a different Forex Forum, I was challenged by one of their Reps(Jason) to trade their new MicroAccount. I accepted and test traded their Micro environment for 90 days (10/09 to 1/10). How things have changed from 3 years past! I was so impressed I now have an account with FXCM(Micro). Not once did this platform freeze(though it did crash 1 time last Friday-as did EVERY platform world wide) This "freezing" was my major beef with FXCM in the past. I write this post as a thank you to Jason and all the FXCM crew for finally offering a trading platform(TradeStation2) the way I envisioned it. A stable trading platform I can use(and trust) and maintain my account. Although this type of account does not include "live" support(everything handled by email or directly thru the trading platform itself) I find this a huge advantage. Spreads are lower/withdrawals are quicker(instant and entirely online) and $25 dollars US minimum to open. I just received my 1st withdrawal check today(took 9 days from request to my mailbox). I have become a satisfied and content FXCM client and supporter. Some long time FPA members(Pharaoh for one-lol) will take my change of heart over this Broker as a sign the world is truly ending. I would have to agree as "hell has just froze over"! :)

I never thought for one moment I would be leaving "this kind of post" about a Forex Broker I used to revile. I HATED FXCM and everything connected to it. I have left maybe a dozen "hate" posts on this Forum alone. After leaving another one of those "hate" posts on a different Forex Forum, I was challenged by one of their Reps(Jason) to trade their new MicroAccount. I accepted and test traded their Micro environment for 90 days (10/09 to 1/10). How things have changed from 3 years past! I was so impressed I now have an account with FXCM(Micro). Not once did this platform freeze(though it did crash 1 time last Friday-as did EVERY platform world wide) This "freezing" was my major beef with FXCM in the past. I write this post as a thank you to Jason and all the FXCM crew for finally offering a trading platform(TradeStation2) the way I envisioned it. A stable trading platform I can use(and trust) and maintain my account. Although this type of account does not include "live" support(everything handled by email or directly thru the trading platform itself) I find this a huge advantage. Spreads are lower/withdrawals are quicker(instant and entirely online) and $25 dollars US minimum to open. I just received my 1st withdrawal check today(took 9 days from request to my mailbox). I have become a satisfied and content FXCM client and supporter. Some long time FPA members(Pharaoh for one-lol) will take my change of heart over this Broker as a sign the world is truly ending. I would have to agree as "hell has just froze over"! :)

Согласен, те же успехи

i am glad u agree - truth isnt always bad

sspoisk I am glad u agree with me. To see how far my opinion has changed-check out my earlier posts under FXCM in Broker Review section. The change is Night and Day.:)

Update on FXCM stability

Here is FXCM message that I got recently.

On February 24, 2010, FXCM experienced a series of incorrect ASK prices in the following instruments: USD/CHF, AUD/USD, USD/CAD, NZD/USD, EUR/AUD, and AUD/NZD.

This affected a small portion of our MT4 clients. To resolve this issue FXCM found it necessary to roll back affected accounts later that afternoon to their status as of 10:26 a.m. (EST) of February 24, 2010.

Unfortunately, this solution caused an unanticipated consequence resulting in many MT4 accounts trading at this time experiencing delays in execution. As a result, many MT4 accounts were not able to place trades between 6 p.m. (EST) Wednesday, February 24, 2010, and 11 a.m. (EST) Thursday, February 25, 2010.

Well, years go by and FXCM stability is still not perfect.

FXCM had to roll back a -67000 EUR withdrawal on my account that was caused by a major spike in several of the currency pairs that they offer. This meant stopping out of all my positions and left me bewildered wondering how I am supposed to cope with it. I reported it and it proved that there were quite a lot of traders that were affected by this incident.

Right now they rolled it back and even managed to reestablish most of my positions. Though it has not gone without glitches, because I still have one short trade that was supposedly opened at the price 0.0 and shows a considerable drawdown ;)

Ernest8fingers,

From your earlier posts, I have indeed become despair of ever going LIVE with any broker!

Now reading your most recent post praising FXCM, the first thing that came to mind was: “LOL, old Ernie there must have dunk something by mistake, and it’s affecting his thinking!”.

Hmmm…maybe I ought to take up where you left off and FXCM might also “offer” me a TradeStation2 trading platform!

Ok Ernest8fingers, I hope to hear more of the “wonders” of FXCM from you; yah!...and Good luck!

Earnest might be using Tradestation but that costs money, I think he's refering to FXCMs Trading Station II which is free, (much more Mr Fingers style). :)

I may be wrong.

Back