• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
I guess if I traded manually Trading Station would be the solution. However, I use EAs extensively (besides occasional manual trades) so I need MT4. But it seems that the Boston Technology bridge solution makes the system hardly acceptable for scalping and sometimes gives problems even with position trading. As you saw the system has problems with executing relatively small trades at a real lull time.

FXCM sucked in a lot of traders when the NFA new rules were implemented and the magnet was MT4 trading + no FIFO + hedging. But I think they were not really technologically prepared for handling high traffic. For some reason, they have to use BT to interface between their backoffice system and MT4 and this seems to work so-so. As you do not have problems with TSII, my assumption is that problems maybe related to MT4 + BT bridge.

I would agree. Unfortunately thats still no acceptable solution for Traders like you that want to run their EAs. I actually have an account with MBT as well but dont use their MT4 platform(I use the Navigator). I dont believe FXCM is out to "get" Traders-but a fix for their MT4 problems needs to happen soon-like yesterday. I do have FXPro.coms demo (I actually use this to do Tech Analysis) and have FXCMs MT4 feed running as "backup". Prices match almost exactly but I did notice FXCMs feed has more interruptions. I really cant offer any advice on this problem as its all up to the Broker. I do feel confident that they would do everything possible to fix-if this doesnt happen soon- changing platforms(or Brokers) are options.Good luck.

I guess I will need to apologize to FXDD for having wanted to abandon them ;) They move their European clients to FXDD Malta, so I guess I will follow. They are not so attractive spreadwise as FXCM, but just see this:

2010.03.02 00:25:00 '1xxxx': order #2087422088 sell 2.36 EURUSD at 1.3570 sl: 1.3654 tp: 1.3520 closed at price 1.3560
2010.03.02 00:25:00 '1xxxx': close order #2087422088 sell 2.36 EURUSD at 1.3570 sl: 1.3654 tp: 1.3520 at price 1.3560

The order is closed within the same second.

It looks as if after the recent spike the MT4 FXCM trades are processed... manually (only this can explain 3 min+ execution time).

Last edited:
I dont blame you a bit

Somethings not right here for sure. I dont use the MT4 but I do have the TS2 open every second I am awake and I dont have this problem(or any other). I also dont use Stops(TS2 doesnt have em) I use OCO orders only after trade goes into reasonable profit-then I lock in that profit with those OCOs. Not once(so far) have I been "slipped" or these OCOs failed to trigger when hit. sounds more and more like an MT4 thing(BT bridge?). If you lost money try a Trade Audit? BTW - I have been a MQL4/5 programmer for some time(and demoing several Broker feeds) and have never seen an order open/close instantly like that on MT4(it is possible that faulty programming could cause this though).

I guess I will need to apologize to FXDD for having wanted to abandon them ;) They move their European clients to FXDD Malta, so I guess I will follow. They are not so attractive spreadwise as FXCM, but just see this:

2010.03.02 00:25:00 '1xxxx': order #2087422088 sell 2.36 EURUSD at 1.3570 sl: 1.3654 tp: 1.3520 closed at price 1.3560
2010.03.02 00:25:00 '1xxxx': close order #2087422088 sell 2.36 EURUSD at 1.3570 sl: 1.3654 tp: 1.3520 at price 1.3560

The order is closed within the same second.

It looks as if after the recent spike the MT4 FXCM trades are processed... manually (only this can explain 3 min+ execution time).

Hi promualdo,

I would agree something doesn't look right with the trade opening and closing in the same second. Did you request a trade audit to investigate this? I can take a look into it for you as well. If so, please send me a private message with or email me (jrogers@fxcm.com) and I can help.

-Jason

Ernst & Jason,

Thank you for your concern. As a matter of fact the within a second trade was not example of how FXCM works, it was a part of log of the other broker. Although the trade seems unbelievably fast I do not really mind it because it meant profit.

What bothers me more is the fact that the execution of orders on FXCM MT4 BT plaftorm takes longer than earlier (though I may be mistaken, because I started to watch it closely only recently).

As to real problems after recent spike, I still have a short AUD/NZD trade in my currently open position that is opened at 0.0, I filled up the required form on Friday, but I still have not got any response. I will provide some details to Jason on private.

You're in good hands

Thanks- I am always concerned for Traders well being (mine most of all ). I do want to stress that I am no FXCM expert and only offer advice based on my own
experiences. Of course, any and all things related to accounts should be directed to "Jason" their Forum Rep or thru FXCM's Support. He will probably notice any posts concerning FXCM eventually anyway. Not only their platform(TS2) but their Customer Service (Jason's in particular) is what led to my historic change of attitude concerning FXCM. :)

I'd be interested to know what micro account holders think of this http://www.forexmicrolot.com/ltd-spreads.jsp
I have a micro account as well as a standard account and I've really enjoyed the micro lots and really low spreads that we were getting. Now it will be a No Dealing Desk account (which is a good thing), the spreads unfortunately will now go up.

Guess you can't have everything, interesting how micros have evolved though.

Stuck with off quotes

I am waiting till my rogue position that shows in MT4 platform finally gets fixed. Jason contacted me and I hope everything is on a good way, though one can only imagine the post spike backlog size if it takes several days to sort this out.

I just received an e-mail from FXCM explaining the original spike problem and FXCM moves yesterday...

All that said I have to admit that FXCM and BT start to wear me off and I will probably phase this account out if nothing changes. The off quotes make it impossible to trade at all. I could understand such a situation during the major news/high volatility days etc. but today was "no news" and practically no volatility day (at least on EUR/CHF pair). I tried to open small trades on EUR/CHF twice. I kept trying for 20 minutes in the morning (at the start of European session) and later during mid-day of New York session (another 20 minutes taken out of my life). Off-quotes, off-quotes, off-quotes...

I contacted FXCM representative over a chat and he could not offer any reasonable explanation. I host 4 MT4 instances on my computer, I use a fast ADSL connection and only FXCM over BT shows such behavior. I can trade both manually and using EAs with the other brokers, with FXCM I cannot trade manually (this would be an exercise in futility) nor with EAs (results would be completely unpredictable)...

FXCM is not professional

The customer service is nice BUT niceness can be deceiving.

They claim that MT4 is Boston Technology and FXCM is different.
This means they are two different servers and they have to constantly synchronize.

And the scary part is that events at MT4 and events at FXCM may
be completely different. And that's what happened to me. Two pending orders got converted or initiated at FXCM, but never occurred at MT4.
The pending orders were either deleted or expired at MT4. I had negative floats at FXCM but not on MT4. This is silly, scary, and really unprofessional.

The only terminal I have is MT4; anything not on MT4, I will not know; i.e, the negative floats. They claim miscommunications between servers and gave me a case. They will give me a refund. I am still expecting my refunds.

And then they have unecessary delays with MT4 and FXCM. I get constant off quotes and CONTEXT busy. I am a manual trader, I tried closing some positions and I kept getting context busy. I had to live chat with customer service to get my positions close. This again is really unprofessional.

If they are having that much miscommunications between MT4 Boston Technology and FXCM, they need to get their act together and do something about it. It is because this kind of service can ruin their image in the long run.

MT4 and FXCM synchronization

charlyher:

I had quite similar situation on Thursday last week. In MT4 I noticed a negative account sync amount that was several times higher than usual. I checked the situation and it seemed that several of my positions were closed 40 pips or more away from the TPs -- these were small positions so I did not set a SL on them, so they should not have been closed at all (they still show as open in MT4)... The FXCM registered the complaint and I wait for a refund now.

Also when I opened Trading Station to check on the inconsistency in the AUDNZD position, I was surprised to see that there were two position that I definitely did not have on MT4 in EURUSD that did not show on MT4 :mad: They were two short positions slightly in the red then, I closed them immediately thru their dealing desk -- I was lucky because on Friday EURUSD shot north. If I did not check Trading Station to examine the problem with AUDNZD, I would never know that I have the two possitions open. These must have been one of the trades that showed as off quotes on MT4 a couple of days earlier.

On Friday the trades executed faster than the other day, but I am really uneasy about initiating any trades on MT4/FXM platform. The FXCM client services explanation that NDD mode is the culprit for the slow execution does not convince me too much because NDD was supposed to make things faster not the other way round...

It seems that one needs to make a detailed comparison of the MT4 and Trading Station positions daily. This is a major PITN if one has several open positions open constantly.

Back