• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxcm.com

General discussions of a financial company
For FXCM traders using the FX Trading Station II, please be aware that an update is being released this weekend for the platform. When you login to the platform on Sunday August 27th, the platform will automatically update by itself. If you have any technical difficulties, please contact client services. Here's a list of the new features being added to the platform:

1. News Window: You will see a "News" window in the trading station. This will stream in the latest market news from DailyFX.com, as well as important trading updates. You can add any RSS feed of your choice with the Manage button.

2. Trailing Stops

A. FXCM LLC clients (USA) can now set Net Trailing Stops that will move as the market moves in your favor. You can set these in the Stop/Limit (Net) box.

B. All clients can now choose to set either Dynamic Trailing Stops or Step Trailing Stops. With Step Trailing Stops, you can choose the minimum moves the market must make before the Stop changes.​

3. Entry Order Time In Force: You can now specify Entry orders to be GTC (default), or Good For Day. If you select Time In Force as "DAY", the order will expire at 17:00 Eastern U.S. Time (New York) if it has not been executed. You can enable Time in Force in the Options menu under General Trading.

4. Price Updates: The trading station has been optimized to update more quickly with every price update received from the server. In coming months, clients should see faster price updates as we progressively upgrade our price delivery system.

5. Signal Notification via E-mail: You can now have custom technical indicator or price alerts sent from the trading station to you via e-mail. To set a signal, use the Signals menu in the Marketscope charts. When setting Signal Properties, set "Send e-mail" to "True", and then enter the destination e-mail address in the next line.

6. Chart Templates, Layouts, and Snapshots: It is now easier to manage chart layouts and snapshots. In the File menu in the Marketscope charts, you will find the ability to easily manage them. Templates, which can also be found in the File menu, allow you to save a particular set of Technical Indicators and settings, and then apply them to other charts with just a few clicks of the mouse.

7. Tick Volume: You can now add Tick Volume to charts by right-clicking on the chart. This shows how many price ticks were shown on the trading station during the charts time interval.

8. Technical Indicators: More customization options have been added for many technical indicators in the Marketscope charts, including changing line thickness.

The U.S. Commodity and Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) recently announced final rules regarding off-exchange retail forex trading which will take effect October 18th 2010, and FXCM would like to address some questions concerning the new rules.

FXCM has reviewed the new rules and has already been in correspondence with both the CFTC and the NFA in order to obtain interpretive guidance on some of the provisions. Our goal is to provide our clients and the forex community with clear and correct information as to how accounts with FXCM LLC will be impacted. At present, we are still awaiting clarification regarding a particular a provision of the Dodd-Frank financial reform statute enacted on July 21, 2010 and the impact it could have on certain accounts held at overseas affiliates.

However, below is the information we can share.

1. Leverage will be reduced as of October 18, 2010

Starting October 18, 2010, the maximum leverage available with FXCM LLC for trading will be 50:1 for major currency pairs and 20:1 for non-major currency pairs.

We believe that the reduction in leverage is a reasonable compromise from the initial CFTC proposal of 10:1 leverage. FXCM does believe lower leverage will be to the benefit of traders as higher leverage can often times result in a few losing trades offsetting many winning trades. FXCM has already implemented 50:1 as the default margin setting on FXCM LLC standard accounts, although traders still have the option to change margin levels upon request to 100:1 leverage with FXCM LLC. As of Oct 18th 2010, FXCM will comply with the new maximum leverage requirements.
Please note: The change in maximum leverage allowed only pertains to accounts held with the FXCM LLC (U.S.) entity.

2. As of October 18, 2010 all referring brokers introducing business to registered FCMs or Retail Foreign Exchange Dealers will be required to formally register with the CFTC as introducing brokers and become NFA members.

In anticipation of this rule, FXCM has already initiated procedures to be in compliance as of October 18th. At present, all Introducing Brokers to FXCM LLC are either registered with the CFTC as IBs or pending registration.
FXCM will continue to follow up with the CFTC and NFA regarding developments related to the implementation of the CFTC’s new rules and provide you with advance notice of future changes.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact FXCM client services staff 24 hours a day.

trustable broker

i experienced and deposit cash around 100-500 bucks for trial with many brokers to find the good one.
in my opinion, FXCM is one of trustable broker in earth. ( not best , but trustable ). Still they have some weakness. Even sometimes you may find Slip on order, many times requote. it's usual, nothing perfect, dude! all broker have the same problem, even forex-MMCIS that say they have the best server in the world ( guarantee no slip ), but STILL !
but , the most important is " the WITHDRAWAL PROCESS". i invest 500$, won 3000$ in 2 weeks, then withdraw, all money return to my bank.

Some Broker have a good server, no slip on order, 1 pip spread, but withdraw never come if u win big. What for?

Keep a good work FXCM. i m with u

Stanislaus:

Do you use Trading Station or MT4 over BT bridge?

I have not reached the point of cashing profits, hopefully it will happen soon. :)

Here's the latest information we can share on how the new CFTC rules will impact US residents:

All forex accounts for US residents trading overseas will be repatriated back to the US by October 18, 2010.

For US residents with FXCM UK, the switch back to FXCM US will most likely occur the weekend of October 15. The switch will take place over the weekend so that there is no disruption to your trading. The existing username and password you use to login to your account will also remain the same. US residents will receive information very early next week by email confirming the timeline.

Non-US residents can continue to open with FXCM UK or any of our other regional offices as local regulations permit. The CFTC rules have no impact on FXCM UK offering 200:1 leverage, hedging, or non-FIFO order managmeent.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jason

FXCM Stinks

If you hate your money & want to give it away why don't you give it to the poor rather than give it to these scamsters?

Marketmaker platform requotes you multiple times on both ends of a trade from a gain to a breakeven or worse.

"Active Trader" has massive slippage issues during markets flat as a pancake with relatively miniscule trade sizes.

Say anything bad (translation: truthful) about them on dailyfx & they remove the post & ban you from the forum.

FXCM is a big, bad joke in the forex industry. The only way they can get accounts is if the CFTC holds a gun to your head & says you must trade with them. And even that won't work with me.

FXCM is a big, bad joke in the forex industry. The only way they can get accounts is if the CFTC holds a gun to your head & says you must trade with them. And even that won't work with me.

Hi aicohn,

We have no problem with you posting your opinion on the DailyFX forum about the CFTC rules; however, you should do so without being offensive or rude. We simply ask that you act conduct yourself professionally. Your comment on committing terrorist acts (even if you were joking) was completely inappropriate.

Jason

FXCM stinks

>We have no problem with you posting your opinion on the DailyFX forum about the CFTC rules; however, you should do so without being offensive or rude.<

Jason,

This is a lie. My second comment after you removed the first was offensive to nobody but FXCM. Of course it had nothing but the truth in it. Truth hurts, doesn't it Jason, you bucket shop shill! You removed it, that login, and any access from my IP address.

FXCM is a scam broker. I would rather not trade than trade there & apparently I'm not alone in this opinion. How do you look in the mirror being a shill for such a bucket shop that rips people off?

People, if you like having money, don't put it with FXCM. They requote, they slip you, they spike you, and if all else fails they jerk you around returning it to you. Look through the reviews. You have been warned.

Let me join your discussion. I believe each broker has good and dark=) side, and all of them earn on us.
My question is regarding the strategy trader platform. Could anyone describe what is the main difference and lead over others. I heard it is faster, so it should rely on some tests, how can we check the performance of this software. May be someone can tell me something new about it. Actually the main reason why I do not use it - the lack of eas based on it, so it is not popular. What will result from this? No updates or bad support?
Yes, actually am not pleased with the FXCM support, I contacted them several times and had situations when I got reverse answers on the same question from them (from different staff members).

My question is regarding the strategy trader platform. Could anyone describe what is the main difference and lead over others. I heard it is faster, so it should rely on some tests, how can we check the performance of this software. May be someone can tell me something new about it. Actually the main reason why I do not use it - the lack of eas based on it, so it is not popular. What will result from this? No updates or bad support?

Hi DiselG,

If you're comparing Strategy Trader to FXCM's MT4 platform, the Strategy trader platform will be faster than the MT4 setup since it integrates directly into FXCM's NDD execution. There's no need for a technology bridge (like in the case of our MT4 setup) therefore order execution has to go through one less step when executing on Strategy Trader.

Strategy Trader was fully launched in September, so we realize there won't be as many publicly available EA's like you may have on a platform such as MT4 which has been around for years. We've setup a programming wiki at www.forexcodesource that has hundreds of strategies, indicators, and functions including the code in C# for documentation. There are 3 pre-loaded strategies in the platform: Grid Trader, After-Hours Trader, and ST Breakout.

In terms of platform performance on your computer, we recommend you meet or exceed the following minimum requirements:

- Dual-core PC
- 750 MB of RAM
- 1GBP free hard drive space

If your computer doesn't meet these minimum specifications, it may slow down your computer. The alternative would be to setup Strategy Trader on a VPS.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jason

Back