FXCM Removes Stop Loss and Limit Order according to NFA Rules

Mp -- Its Just The Very Very Beginning

Barney Franks et al have been hard at work to find WHICH agency should be put in charge of protecting us, which is, at the very least, extremely scary !

EVERYTHING is being gone into to protect the country from what happened recently, while everyone seems to forget it was the sub prime mess and the banks that caused the problem.

putting LIMITS on petro and metals, and any commodity that can be considered dangerous if left unwatched (and im NOT so sure i cant find some agreement there, as unparalleled greed WAS ALLOWED to screw the world for a heck of a long time) but when these things start, they end up somehow always being worked around by the larger insitutions and becoming handicaps to the smaller retail trader.

weve already seen some of the problems so theres absolutely no reason to believe the rest will not be as bad, if not worse !

today the US government insisted that UBS present the names of all its swiss account holders, which the swiss bankers refused to do, naturally --- this can only lead to more investigations in an effort to recover taxes for the US and has the import of new laws AGAINST US citizens trading from european countries forcing us into becoming criminals simply to trade, even if we pay all taxes due.

the ramifications of these moves will not be fully functional or felt for a while yet, but they will continue unabated as did the 55 mph speed limit for 20 years after it was no longer needed, as that is the way of government regulation and of managers who wish to protect their new budgets and jobs.

having a good european address handy would not be considered "overreaction" in this upcoming trading world.

lets just see where it goes, huh ?

enjoy and trade well

mp

happy in the UK at the moment and thinking of re-incorporating there very soon !

uk and taxes

hi all,
first time poster so please bear with me. I'm also with FXCM. I also got the letter advising me to switch my account to the UK branch. My concern is about taxes. I know i have to pay US taxes since i'm a US citizen, but will i also be required to pay UK taxes? If i do it kind of makes trading there not practical. I'm really freaked out about it because i need to trade a micro account and i'm really dependent on met4. I'm concerned i could loose my ability to make a successful living becasuse of this. Any help would be extremely appreciative.
thank you.

UK taxes

Hi nosser,

as far as I know, there are no UK-taxes or other obligatory deductions to pay by foreigners. I trade with an UK broker myself (as a German citizen living in Germany) and have to pay my taxes only to the German robber government (which is bad enough....) :unhappy:

hi all,
first time poster so please bear with me. I'm also with FXCM. I also got the letter advising me to switch my account to the UK branch. My concern is about taxes. I know i have to pay US taxes since i'm a US citizen, but will i also be required to pay UK taxes? If i do it kind of makes trading there not practical. I'm really freaked out about it because i need to trade a micro account and i'm really dependent on met4. I'm concerned i could loose my ability to make a successful living becasuse of this. Any help would be extremely appreciative.
thank you.

hi nosser,

Here is some basic information on how an overseas trading account may affect your tax reporting. http://www.greencompany.com/EducationCenter/GlobalTraderTax.pdf

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
hi nosser,

Here is some basic information on how an overseas trading account may affect your tax reporting.

As far as taxes go, doesn't offshore trading fix a lot of problems? I don't know US law much, but I lessen my tax burden by keeping money (not just trading funds) offshore. Speak to a clever accountant like I did :)

Malaysians don't have to declare profits secured externally.

I guess the same goes for every single country in this world.

Last edited:
As far as taxes go, doesn't offshore trading fix a lot of problems? I don't know US law much, but I lessen my tax burden by keeping money (not just trading funds) offshore. Speak to a clever accountant like I did :)

A US resident trading with an overseas broker would still be required to report gains on their tax returns.

Not reporting could be considered tax evasion if caught. So a trader would need to decide carefully on their decision.

Reporting and or declaring is one thing but how about really paying?

I don't think that it's fair to really pay as your profits don't come from local soil.

What's the difference between tourists visiting your country and spending and you raking monetary profits from another country and spending?

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Last edited:
Reporting and or declaring is one thing but how about really paying?

I don't think that it's fair to really pay as your profits don't come from local soil.

What's the difference between tourists visiting your country and spending and you raking monetary profits from another country and spending?

Do you see what I'm trying to say?

Regards.

That's at least for the US government, but good luck trying to convince them otherwise :D

In Malaysia and many more countries which I know of, they're pretty much different from the US.

Last edited:
Back