FXCM technical issues???

Alan Kerr

Private
Hi anyone experiencing problems with FXCM at the moment? They just made a margin call on all my open positions even though I had plenty of equity. I checked the figures and the NZ/US pair where I had 1 open position should have been just over .55 they showed it had spiked at .71 when they made the call. I checked the charts and it never went over .55500. I contacted them on Live Chat and they told me they were having technical difficulties but would not guarantee my positions would be reinstalled. I've tried emailing but can't get a reply. I'm new at this, is this something I should expect to happen?

Thanks
Al Kerr

Last edited:
If they are in the middle of an issue, don't open any new positions. Call them in the morning when things are back to normal and try to get a supervisor if the 1st level grunts can't help you.

technical issues FXCM

Cheers all sorted. I read a lot here at times critical of FXCM but I once again give them the thumbs up. They had huge technical issues last week and have bent over backwards to make sure I and I presume no-one else was disadvantaged.
:)
Al Kerr

Glad it worked out. I saw a similar wild spike on IBFX a few months back that had everyone screaming SCAM when the LiveChat drones declared it to be normal activity while things were still acting odd. By the next day, management realized that there had been a true problem, so provided the LiveChat people with new call scripts to work from that allowed the problems to be fixed.

FXCM

I don't think they are in trouble but their support does suck.
I tried to setup a trial a/c and downloaded the software.
I could never authenticate despite communicating with support
via email slow as hell...
Finaly I gave up and moved on. If they want to do business then
they will need to shape up before they join the grave yard as well.

FXCM support

Sorry you have had a bad experience with them, I have had great support. I initially run accounts with GFT and Easy-Forex but settled on FXCM because I found they gave me the support I was after. Slippage is a problem at times but where isn't it.

Alan Kerr

wow, it doesn’t sound good! It means traders may lost some money because this kind of broker issues? How can traders protect our money against this? I hope my current broker can handle these situations, let’s check!

Back