• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Fxcm - what a dissapointment

I am having an issue with a company
No need to ask him, he can't answer straight forward just like fxcm had always done(manipulate).

The answer is clearly here: Margin Requirements and Leverage FAQs - FXCM UK

Please read :

Is there a debit balance risk? Can I lose more money than I deposit?

Not with FXCM. It is FXCM's policy to credit accounts to a zero balance when debit balances occur as a result of trading.

One of the greatest concerns traders have about leverage is that a sizable loss could result in owing money to their broker. At FXCM, your maximum risk of loss is limited by the amount in your account. All accounts are tracked by our "Margin Watcher" feature. With the Margin Watcher feature, if account equity falls below margin requirements, the FXCM Trading Station will trigger an order to close all open positions.

I'm very disappointed with many brokers who have similar sentence of: if account equity falls below margin requirements, the FXCM Trading Station will trigger an order to close all open positions.

They all failed time to time in applying their margin policy that was enough to save the brokers and clients much money.

FXCM CEO Drew Niv look pathetic when blaming SNB for its decision while not suing its liquidity providers and the latter in its turn suing the SNB when both brokers and LP's hinted several times that SNB dried up liquidity from market.

When they can't prove that there was no liquidity in market(as they say!!) because that will put them in face of central banks and there will be a biggest open case of conspiracy in all time, brokers find the weakest point are their clients.

FXCM CEO talked about liquidity as "scarce and shallow" because it will be a scandal if he ever have guts to say "no liquidity" so scam brokers prefer to say there was "some" liquidity at certain prices!!, just to rob off clients in anyway possible and run away from responsibility of its margin policy.

But that will never pass, I encourage all FXCM and other brokers clients to charge the scam brokers in their country's courts and file complaints to the regulatory bodies.

At that time, all the scam brokers will have to provide regulatory bodies and court with evidences of liquidity providers names and how all had no liquidity on many prices?!!!

I really appreciate the fact that FXCM, unlike many other brokers, do care about what we ask. However, what is so restricted with commenting over my very simple question? your T&C is a public document and my question is very straightforward: did your terms and conditions before January 15th, 2015 mentioned anything about the negative balance liability? with all due respect to you and to Mr. Niv Drew, I think FXCM did very bad handling this crisis.

Hi M Y,

I appreciate your feedback, but I believe the transparency with how we reacted throughout the situation in contacting regulators, meeting capital requirements, notifying clients, being here to help with questions we can answer, and providing on-going details such as the Q&A from our CEO gives our clients a much more transparent picture of the broker they're trading with compared with many of our private competitors where there is a complete lack of financial transparency and communication during these types of events. As one of the largest forex brokers and being a public company I know we will often be placed under greater scrutiny because of that transparency, and you can be assured that I will answer questions as I am given the go ahead to discuss those policies.

Jason

Hi M Y,

I appreciate your feedback, but I believe the transparency with how we reacted throughout the situation in contacting regulators, meeting capital requirements, notifying clients, being here to help with questions we can answer, and providing on-going details such as the Q&A from our CEO gives our clients a much more transparent picture of the broker they're trading with compared with many of our private competitors where there is a complete lack of financial transparency and communication during these types of events. As one of the largest forex brokers and being a public company I know we will often be placed under greater scrutiny because of that transparency, and you can be assured that I will answer questions as I am given the go ahead to discuss those policies.

Jason

I understand what you are saying, and I understand you are doing your job. Yet, the decision makers at FXCM are making things worse when they choose to not answer that question.

Published 28 oct. 2015 by AMF regulator 200 000,00 euro FINE for Forex Capital Markets ltd.

Its stated, lack of honesty, loyalty and professional skills .

Many pages….so lets have the press dig into it.

They have this clearly stated in their policy, In case my balance goes negative due to extraordinary events, they will reimburse to 0. This is why I laugh, but still they tried to make me pay. It is really incredible the way they treat customers, like we are kettle and they can lie to us whatever they want.
did you get the result you wanted?

Back