FXCM youtube video.......Need feedback (Jason rogers) ?

upliftingmania

Recruit
Hi everyone,

First off - Felix & Co at FPA; you guys are doing some amazing work here!!!!!

I have been demo trading for over 6 months and have been demo trading on fxcm's 'tradeststation 2' for over the last 2 months.So far I have loved their platform - though I admit that it was hard to change from my previous mt4 platform.

I have been doing my research on Fxcm - must admit there have been a lot of bad reviews; however when I dug a little deeper - it seemed that some of the bad posts were by traders who expected to get accurately filled in during economic announcements. However, from all that I have come across - I would prefer 'trade station' ANYDAY over fxcm's mt4 platform.

Finally from 6 months of research I have understood that no broker is perfect - what matters is how they resolve the issues.

Fxcm's customer representatives have been very friendly and professional over chat, however when it comes to 'get back to you' email promises, the only emails I have got are - 'when can I send you the online application form' types. Maybe its because I haven't gone LIVE yet.

Recently I saw a video on youtube - IT FREAKED ME OUT. Its been a few days and none of the customer reps have got back to me. Another 2 have also made some false email promises and shown some hesitation. So JASON ROGERS (the fxcm rep at FPA and a couple of other forums) please provide your feedback on what is going on in the video. This is my last resort as I have lost hope in getting a relevant email response from FXCM's customer reps. Below is the link.......

P.S. - Although I haven't seen anything like this in the demo accounts (I am aware that the real environment is different). Anyone who has any kind of a solid foundation in forex will realize that something is definitely not right here. And since this video and the surrounding relative stonewalling by the customer reps are the only things that are keeping me from going LIVE with FXCM Australia - I AM REALLY CONCERNED. ALL THAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS A HONEST RESPONSE.

Last edited by a moderator:
The above was my first post in the FPA forum. So if this post/thread could be more relevant in some other subsection of the FPA forum - please do bare with me.

Fake possibility???

Ok just throwing in my 2 cents but...

I'm no forensic scientist but there is a possibility this video is faked. The one glaring problem with the video as I see it is, as the video runs we can see the time stamp on the FXCM price feed. However the two other broker price feeds that are being compared to it do not show any time stamp. Therefore there is no absolute confirmation that all price feeds are taken at the exact same point in time. Just throwing it out there any case anyone missed that possibility. I'm neither for or against FXCM and I do not use their services.

Take care and have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas! :eek:)

~ Markus

--------------------

medium.jpg

Last edited:
Recently I saw a video on youtube - IT FREAKED ME OUT. Its been a few days and none of the customer reps have got back to me. Another 2 have also made some false email promises and shown some hesitation. So JASON ROGERS (the fxcm rep at FPA and a couple of other forums) please provide your feedback on what is going on in the video.....

Hi upliftingmania,

I would be happy to help with any questions or concerns you have about this. To be honest, the rep you spoke with may not have information on this as the technical issue was only being experienced by a handful of clients and the Active Trader team was helping each client individually.

This situation turned out to be occurring due to a new version of Adobe Flash being released (version 10.1) which adversely affected the performance of the platform. Because of the performance problem, the rates were not able to keep up with the current market price even though when an order would execute, it would still go through at the correct market price. The new version of flash was not processing the information fast enough causing the rates visually on the computer to be slower than the actual market prices.

With any technical issue that is occurring, we have to be able to identify what's causing the problem to then fix it. Whenever a problem is happening on our side, we can typically identify the problem quickly to resolve the issue. When it's unique to a traders computer, then we have to investigate with each individual to identify what is unique with the traders setup causing the problem and then to correct it. For the traders who experienced this issue, we made adjustments to the trades experiencing slippage due to the price lag, and recommended they move to the FX Trading Station II until the problem was identified.

You're right that no broker is perfect, but what matters is how they resolve problems that come up. Any time there's a technical issue on our side, we will update the website FXCM Platform Status Center – FXCM Support Portal to notify traders. The website refreshes every 30 seconds with the most up to date information. Any trades affected by a technical issue on our side can also be audited and adjusted due to losses as a result of our technical issue. If you search on any of the forums you'll find this to be the case. We will be forthright alerting our traders to any problems that are occurring and help to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jason

Hi upliftingmania,

I would be happy to help with any questions or concerns you have about this. To be honest, the rep you spoke with may not have information on this as the technical issue was only being experienced by a handful of clients and the Active Trader team was helping each client individually.

This situation turned out to be occurring due to a new version of Adobe Flash being released (version 10.1) which adversely affected the performance of the platform. Because of the performance problem, the rates were not able to keep up with the current market price even though when an order would execute, it would still go through at the correct market price. The new version of flash was not processing the information fast enough causing the rates visually on the computer to be slower than the actual market prices.

With any technical issue that is occurring, we have to be able to identify what's causing the problem to then fix it. Whenever a problem is happening on our side, we can typically identify the problem quickly to resolve the issue. When it's unique to a traders computer, then we have to investigate with each individual to identify what is unique with the traders setup causing the problem and then to correct it. For the traders who experienced this issue, we made adjustments to the trades experiencing slippage due to the price lag, and recommended they move to the FX Trading Station II until the problem was identified.

You're right that no broker is perfect, but what matters is how they resolve problems that come up. Any time there's a technical issue on our side, we will update the website FXCM Platform Status Center – FXCM Support Portal to notify traders. The website refreshes every 30 seconds with the most up to date information. Any trades affected by a technical issue on our side can also be audited and adjusted due to losses as a result of our technical issue. If you search on any of the forums you'll find this to be the case. We will be forthright alerting our traders to any problems that are occurring and help to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jason

Thanks for the response Jason. So whenever the customer reps at chat are hesitant - I guess its a lot safer to post at the FPA forums:D

Thanks for the response Jason. So whenever the customer reps at chat are hesitant - I guess its a lot safer to post at the FPA forums:D

I would say goto chat for answers first, but if anything is unclear I can always help. :)

Btw, as a general message for everyone, I will be away from the forums from Dec. 22 through Jan 3, so any questions directed to me will be answered on Jan 4th. I don't want you to think I'm avoiding you ;)

Have a happy holiday and a prosperous new year!

Cheers,

-Jason

Back