• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

FXD Ltd

SK1426

Recruit
Has anyone seen the advertisments for Exective Assistants for FXD Ltd? My wife has been corresponding with a guy that claims to be the owner of the company. Terry John Fowler. Does anyone know if this is legit? Sorry if this isn't the proper place to investigate this. I didn't know who else to ask. Thanks.

I ran a quick google search on "FXD LTD" and "Executive Assistant". Unless this is a very common company name or it's a big company with a LOT of branch offices, something is odd here., I found ads all over the country for FXD LTD needing an executive assistant.

Ask your contact there to explain all of this and to give you his company's primary website. If he gets upset that you are checking the company out, that's pretty much a sign you don't want anything to do with the company. If he gives answers, post them here and then more info can be dug out.

I've been talking to the same guy and am not sure what to think. He sent me this link to his company's business: fx-dealer.tk
What is really strange for me is that he wants my age, marital status, etc, but won't tell me why. Also the position mentioned working for a family and every time I ask him about his family, he doesn't respond to the question.
He seems frustrated with all the questions I've been asking and not understanding of my caution at all. He's a little too 'just do these tasks for me and I'll send you a check before you get started'. I'd like it to be a real offer but it seems a bit too good to be true.

I can't seem to get that website to open. Anyone else able to see it?

If any of this involved you accepting 3rd party payments and forwarding them or forwarding merchandise, contact your local police. Scammers and thieves offer great sounding jobs that turn out to be forwarding money obtained by fraud or goods purchased with stolen credit cards.

Don't give this guy any info beyond what you would supply a normal employer. Postpone sending copies of your ID, Social Security Number (or local equivalent if outside the USA), etc. until you get more information about exactly what the job is.

fxd manager

I blindly submitted my information to this forum and now Mr Terry is sending me messages. I did not respond to nay of the messages assuming they were generated SPAM. Then he sent me a UPS tracking number telling me he was sending me some kind of "payment" from a "client"... I checked the UPS tracking number and it was valid. I then got a text message from this guy... I am nervous because he is giving me the creeps. Anyone with experience with this please help!

Let us know what's in the package when it arrives.

If may some sort of check or money order. You are supposed to cash it and immediately forward the money to a 3rd party. Sometimes, these checks are fake, but good enough to get cashed up front, leaving you to deal with the penalties. Sometimes the check is valid, but they money is being laundered, thus making you an accessory. If it is some sort of check or money order, take it to your bank, but don't try to deposit or cash it. Explain to them that it arrived under very suspicious circumstances and that you want them to investigate it carefully, but not to process it.

If it is some sort of merchandise that you are supposed to forward, hold onto it for a few days while you check things out. Sometimes the merchandise is stolen. Other times, the merchandise was purchased fraudulently. Either way, you forwarding it would be aiding criminals.

In either of the above scenarios,contact your local police and lay out the situation for them. You're "employer" will be screaming about why you aren't instantly forwarding the money/merchandise and will probably threaten you with legal action. Ignore that. You did not ask him to send the package to you. In a worst case scenario, you might have to pay the return shipping charges to send it back to the point of origin.

If the package is something else, please describe the contents in detail when it arrives.

I too have have had email correspondence with Mr. Terry. He sent emails stating that his client sent a check to me via UPS. He told me to contact him once I received it and he would give me further instructions. At that time, I had not received any check so I told him that I had not received it and that it sounded like a scam. I haven't heard from him since I mentioned the word scam. A check did finally arrive and it appeared to be fake. It had the name of Darryl Christmon, an exec at Georgetown University. And where the name and address of the bank should've been was the name and address of Georgetown University. The check was bogus and I tore it up and threw it away.

Back