• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Fxdd.com

General discussions of a financial company
Talking to FXDD support = Lost in Translation

I have an issue with FXDD. I had the issue with FXCM, and at least it looks better at FXCM, though I am sure I'm getting it on the backend.

Here is my situation. On MT4, metatrader charts, when a trade is going against me (beyond my dashed green entry line) as in the chart below...I'm in the negative. Logical.

5675254561_f8911587bc_b.jpg

Now when the trade moves in my favor, this time short. I'm still negative.

5675254651_24da29f9c5_b.jpg

Below is another example of the same thing. I asked FXDD support and they started educating me on what a short position was..then they said the trade wasn't in my favor, and finally that the 5 minute charts weren't as accurate as the 1 minute charts. This seems odd to me. If I am not understanding something, fine. But they are taking the Groucho Marx line: "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

This is a 1 lot trade, notice where the gray line is? Seems excessive.
5675254751_23d23dd3d9_b.jpg

Here, same trade and I should be at "break even" but notice I'm still negative.

5675254827_1ff99f662c_b.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, you are in a sell position and therefore you should still be losing money until you cross below the line where you took that position. Am I wrong?

For the lights of me, I don't know why some traders like to have all these brightly colored and confusing lines on their platform when trading!

EdmundJ,
I would suggest you stop referring to colored lines for profit & loss indications.

All your positions are for "Sell", and to have profits, market price MUST BE LOWER than your trade entry, and all your positions in your charts are in higher prices than your entry prices.
So, of course, your positions are in losses!

Suggest you read and learn more about forex and how it works.

All the best in your trades!

FXDD & Tradency

Hello,
Cross-posting yet again. Sorry, just trying to get some exposure on this for any interested party.
This is truly just to spread an account of FXDD- I'm not monetizing the blog at all.

mirrortrader.blogspot.com

I have just finished funding a Live FXDD account on the Tradency MirrorTrader platform. I will be doing a side-by-side comparison of the Live server and a Demo server running the exact same signal providers & configuration.

I haven't even executed any trades yet, but so far the experience has been a bit harrying. I'll be updating this blog as frequently as possible; feel free to ask any questions about my experiences on it.

NFA punished FXDD due to FXDD slippage configuration. The expected amount will be about $3.5m.
NFA punished FXDD with a lot of quantity of broken violations of its rules. NFA’s radared and have been heavily audited in the past year a lot of Brokerage Houses. One of them was FXDD. The result is, FXDD manipulated of slippage's mechanism with customers. They used unfair practice of Dealing with customers such as not true direction of slippage, i.e. treated price slippage differently (not true) when the price slippage favored FXDD as opposed to when the price slippage favored a customer.

The short answer is that slippage is what happens between the time you place an order to buy or sell a currency and the time that your oder is filled, i.e., the time that the transaction is completed. In most cases, in a fast-moving volatile market such as EUR/USD (Euros and US Dollars), from the time you place an order until the time it is filled the exchange rate will often change anywhere from .00002 to .00003 from the price you saw and wanted to get when you placed your order, even with the fastest automatic electronic ordering software.

During a visit to FXDD in June 2011, NFA investigated that FXDD had been using asymmetrical price slippage configuration since becoming an NFA Member in December 2009. These asymmetrical slippage settings were activated during the “data feed check” process when FXDD’s system compared the customer’s price to current market prices at that moment. If, after the customer open his/her order, the market moved in the customer’s favor (“positive slippage”) by no more than two points, then FXDD would fill the order of customer's price, i.e. after the customer opened his/her trade, the market moved in the customer’s favor by more than two pips, then FXDD would reject the order. However, FXDD did not follow this same practice if the market moved in FXDD’s favor. In this situation, FXDD would allow the market to move an unlimited number of pips in the direction favorable to FXDD, without re-quoting or rejecting the customer’s order. As a result, FXDD always filled the customer’s order at the set price, even if the set price was far outside the prevailing market price at the time the order was executed. Under such circumstances, the customer’s order would be unprofitable the very instant it was executed.

NFA was also able to study the result of FXDD’s slippage practices by analyzing the quantity of trades FXDD filled outside the two-pip slippage tolerance setting – which resulted in orders being filled detriment of the customer and to the benefit of FXDD, instead of the order being rejected which is what occurred if the price moved more than two pips in favor of the customer. Please, see the following information below( the number of trades FXDD filled outside the two-pip tolerance setting and the extent to which FXDD benefited financially from this price slippage practice):

fxddslippage.jpg

Also you can check :

Case Summary

I got 250$ no deposit bonus from fxdd europe. Only profits is withdrawable after 90 days from the day you received bonus. I got mine 30th of April 2013. Hope they keep to their words because i can't afford to use my precious time and then refused to be paid. No conditions applied except the 90 days thing.

Oh this broker is a sucker in requotes and high spread, slippage. It is unbeareable...can't deposit my real money with them.

why FXDD open a bank wire in malta. is there a segregated account in the U.S., because I do not know where the country is malta? I am worried about my money if transfer to malta

Back