FxPrimus - "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing"

I fully agree with you.
And one of the best excuses for scammer-brokers to snatch your money is "high volatility" because this is the ideal situation where they can help out for x-times wider spreads and kill some big positions or even produce a margin call situation.

Im a Live account trader with FXPRIMUS for almost a year now. I trade gold.
My question is, why is the platform inconsistent today? Reason why i brought this issue is due to i have an account with other brokers as well and did comparison and your platform is really not consistent.
Im starting to have doubt with fxprimus. Please advice why is this so for for example today XAU/USD there is a long downward spike at 0100 hrs 25Jan 2012. And also why did the platform freeze starting from 1700hrs platfom time?

Please i need some explanation due regards on these issues. Im thinking of shifting my account elsewhere if this unstability with fxprimus persist and also no explanation being answered.

FxPrimus and "fantastic spreads"

Im a Live account trader with FXPRIMUS for almost a year now. I trade gold.
My question is, why is the platform inconsistent today? Reason why i brought this issue is due to i have an account with other brokers as well and did comparison and your platform is really not consistent.
Im starting to have doubt with fxprimus. Please advice why is this so for for example today XAU/USD there is a long downward spike at 0100 hrs 25Jan 2012. And also why did the platform freeze starting from 1700hrs platfom time?

Please i need some explanation due regards on these issues. Im thinking of shifting my account elsewhere if this unstability with fxprimus persist and also no explanation being answered.

Nothing new that broker's best excuses for widening the spread, extremely long spikes or slippage is "high volatility" because it’s very difficult to prove any manipulation. I have documented 3 to 4 brokers their spreads during high volatility at the beginning of this thread (see PDF-files and image-files). FxPrimus had obviously by far the craziest movements and spikes at the same Minute, and of course this is how they killed my biggest position.

deenshah, to get answers to all your questions, it would be much better to e-mailed FXPrimus support or post them at their forum thread here at the FPA and also in the "Brokers Review" section under FXPrimus.

I used to have a live account with FXPrimus last year, but have since stopped using them for some reasons which I have forgotten.

I used to have a live account with FXPrimus last year, but have since stopped using them for some reasons which I have forgotten.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't remember . . . what were we talking about???

Somehow, talking about "forgetfulness" reminded me of a National Geographic documentary on that forgetful squirrel who frequently forgets where it has hidden its cache of nuts and thus inadvertently helping the forest trees to spread out.

Sometimes, I too forget trades that I have made...at times its "Yesss! Forgot about that good trade made"...at other times, its "Yikes! When the hell did I enter that trade??".

I just got the marketing email earlier last week for this broker. i am not sure whether this is a new broker?

I just got the marketing email earlier last week for this broker. i am not sure whether this is a new broker?

It says FXPRIMUS founded in 2009. Not so new after all I guess. I've been trading for a month now. So far so good. Still a learning curve for me. How are you doing bro?

Back