• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem FXPro VWAP trap

I am having an issue with a company

raymonrrk

Recruit
Last Friday I did open a (market order) trade on NATGAS but what happened is that the trade got filled (and closed) at a totally different price a with a spread of 99 pips instead of the 15 pips that it should have been.

My trade should have got filled at the following conditions:

sell 4.932 <> buy 4.947
spread: 15

Instead, my trade got instantly filled at these conditions (which is nowhere to be seen):

sell 4.889 <> buy 4.988
spread: 99

As a result of this my trade got closed out instantly, leaving me with a loss. I asked FXPRO for an explanation and they basically told me my order was openend and closed at the VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price), instead of the current market price.

''In conclusion, your order received VWAP due to high volume and market volatility, hence the negative slippage received from the Top of the Book Ask/Bid Price.''

So basically every time when high volume and market volatility occurs I should just pray that my market order doesn't get filled at the VWAP price instead of the current market price? What kind of scam is this?

They state:

''Volatility causing widening of the spreads due to the thin Liquidity available in the market is expected before the closing of the market, especially before the Major Holiday''

That's great but the spread did not increase before/during/after my order and kept showing 15. Once you open your order your trade is executed at the VWAP price which you cannot see anywhere. They basically lure you into a trap since the spread does not change before/during/after your order and stays at 15.

There was no high volume and almost no market volatility, still my market order gets executed at the VWAP. In the last minute the spread had been stable at 15 pips, even after my order got executed the spread kept stable at 15 pips while my order got executed with a 99 pip spread.

I just did a test. Basically when you buy/sell less than 0.50 lots (230 dollar) your spread will be 39 pips as shown in the chart, but when buy/sell more than 0.50 lots your order will be executed with spread a of 85 pips. I have never seen this at any CFD broker and feel scammed by this.

Attachments

• test.png
    test.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 18
  • test1.png
    test1.png
    13 KB · Views: 17
If you got a demo account you can test it out yourself. Buy/sell more than 0.50 lots and your order gets executed with a doubled spread. How is someone suppose to know that your spread doubles when you buy/sell more than 0.50 lots? If you do not know this it feels like you're being lured into a trap. It's mentioned nowhere and you'll only find out once you've opened an order of 0.50>

Anyone that experienced the same before?

Few steps that you must follow to draw their attention to your issue,
Follow the suggested steps below:

If you deposited your money via credit card then contact the credit card customer care asap and ask them to file a chargeback.
Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat
Invite them to join this thread via email (Send an email to every possible address).

You will find their email and address here https://www.fxpro.com/contact-us

Also, Share your story as a review https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-reviews/3947/fxpro-review

You can also share your story on their social media pages mentioned below:

Note: Don’t forget to update your review/s when you get a solution to your problem, Best Of Luck!

Back