Gap

Once I managed to close +200 pips when my trades stay on weekend. but its risky. I know that there is a big chance not to guess. Moreover, if you are beginner, it's not for you because you should concentrate on learning strategy but not on your luck.

I have seen many trader who thought that it is wise to trade when the market is stopped. But my thinking is when market is stop how one could get any support. I think that the trader who are saying that they have made profit during the market closing hour, they might make the profit luckily. Professional trader never do this. You will not able to stop the loss if the trade is against a gap.

Once I managed to close +200 pips when my trades stay on weekend. but its risky. I know that there is a big chance not to guess. Moreover, if you are beginner, it's not for you because you should concentrate on learning strategy but not on your luck.

200 pips in one time is an extremely rare trade, I think probability of stumbling upon such chance is less than 1%. Remember I had a chance to catch such movement after Brexit decision, made about 180 pips on GBPUSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to catch a gap is very difficult. Plus always consider that gap can go against you and in this case none of SL will work so you can burn your account badly. And getting positive gap have very low possibility

Usually weekend gap become fullfiled. It may vary depending on pairs. You have to check history of your favourite pair. You can trade that weekend gap in fulfilment. So far I have seen it gets filled. Now you have to do your own research.

You must be a news-hunter for gap chasing effectively. I see only professional trader could smell big news coming, while we traders all caught news lately and miss the gap as a result

I also use to think about this moment. The merket is closing, so you can get a good profit from trading. But still, not many are interested in it.

Keeping your trades open hoping to gain from the gap can cause more loss than you could anticipate. That is more so because many countries continue to function even on weekends which could affect the market, both positively but negatively also.

Back