GBPUSD - Looking to buy today

Jarratt Davis

Special Consultant to the FPA
Posted 27th June 2014 - 07:30AM London Time

Hey everyone,

I’m looking for buying opportunities on GBP/USD, after Mark Carney avoided any dovish comments yesterday and reiterated that rate increases will be gradual and limited, which didn't surprise the market and caused GBP/USD to rally.

I’m looking to buy this pair if it dips down to around the 1.7000 to area with a profit target of 1.7050 and a SL at 1.6960.

P.S - If you want to learn more about how I trade, check out this link below

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/fpa-freebies-discounts-list/34326-free-trading-course-forex-pro-jarratt-davis.html

Last edited by a moderator:

shogunfx

Sergeant
Hey everyone,

I’m looking for buying opportunities on GBP/USD, after Mark Carney avoided any dovish comments yesterday and reiterated that rate increases will be gradual and limited, which didn't surprise the market and caused GBP/USD to rally.

I’m looking to buy this pair if it dips down to around the 1.7000 to area with a profit target of 1.7050 and a SL at 1.6960.

P.S - If you want to learn more about how I trade, check out this link below

http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/fpa-freebies-discounts-list/34326-free-trading-course-forex-pro-jarratt-davis.html
Today he speak again. Now is dovish. This guy never sleep?

Jarratt Davis

Special Consultant to the FPA
Hi Jarratt,

Is it still good to BUY on USDJPY? or its should close already?

Thank you.
Hey juliusrichmond,

I'm still bullish on USD/JPY however the JPY gained overnight after the release of latest CPI figures, which showed the fastest pace of increase in national core CPI since 1982, dampening expectations of further BOJ easing. This caused the JPY to strengthen overnight but I still expect this pair to rally back towards 102.00 to 102.50 over the next week. I hope that helps!

Jarratt

iamarif

Recruit
Ragearding USDJPY, I am also in minus free margin. It has fallen more than 500 pips when I bought. It it goes deeper more for 200-300 pips, my account will be wiped out since I trade without SL. So buying USDJPY was not a good signal at that time.

shogunfx

Sergeant
Ragearding USDJPY, I am also in minus free margin. It has fallen more than 500 pips when I bought. It it goes deeper more for 200-300 pips, my account will be wiped out since I trade without SL. So buying USDJPY was not a good signal at that time.
500 or 50.0 pips????? Why you trade without SL and no money management ?
If you don't like to use Stoploss open an account and fund only with 10$ or how much you can afford to lose.
It's exactly as you buy a ticket at lottery.
It's called gambling not trading.

piggywiggy

Private, 1st Class
Piggywiggy don't know much (like everyone) but USDJPY has been in a trading range for 7 months. The lows are around 100.70. So, if you follow JD's advice and buy the pair you have to be prepared to hold past this point. Based on this pair's character we're entering the buy zone. The GBP.USD looks more like a trender.

Videep

Private, 1st Class
I think you meant 50 pips. If your broker's quotes have 5 digits after the decimal point(3 for JPY pairs), then the last digit's value is 0.1 pips. So if USDJPY goes from 100.800 to 100.500 that's a 30 pip drop.
USDJPY is anyway at support around 101.25. If USDJPY starts going up from here, you'll be in luck! Otherwise, next support as piggywiggy mentioned is at 100.70.

shogunfx

Sergeant
1.70 it's very good point, but its -100 pips. As I understand we are waiting FOMC.
Hey, this topic is old from 06-27-2014. Are you still looking to enter since then????

Today was speech marathon. This guys are manipulating markets as they want, only with words.
They do nothing concrete for their economies. Only promises.
And FOMC minutes is the same. Price will make a nice flower on 15 min chart and tomorrow another promises.