1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

general opinion of PAMM accounts?

Discussion in 'General Forex Talk' started by Christina Ledger, Mar 19, 2019.

1. bax699

bax699 Private

yes good point. i guess server time Ms will be crutial

2. momo3HC

momo3HC Corporal

Definitely. ;)

3. iMusingKiMi

iMusingKiMi Sergeant

Put it on virtual server and you don't have much of those problem. It is as simple as that.

4. iMusingKiMi

iMusingKiMi Sergeant

Of course you have to be familiar with the figures of the specific manager. It definitely provides more transparency than those trust funds or PE funds. Many years ago, it was something MaM before PAMM exist.

5. Morning1234

Morning1234 Private, 1st Class

PAMM accounts are very convenient for traders, but investors lose money on them. Because the trader is taking too large commissions. It is as if you are trading with a very large spread. Let's say in the investor's portfolio 5 traders won 5.000 and other 5 traders lost 5000. With profit, the investor will give traders 30-50%%, and the losses are all completely his. This investor will eventually lose on a long stretch of time.

6. bigdolly

bigdolly Sergeant Major

PAMM accounts can be a stable source of income but you have to pick money managers which employ different trading approaches so returns are not correlated and you can achieve best diversification while minimizing the risk of getting negative returns. But I doubt brokers can offer you detailed data on their performance.

7. Christina Ledger

thanks everyone for sharing this info. Think I have come to the conclusion to steer clear of PAMM accounts. I think it is better to trade by myself. at least that way I am responsible for my profits and losses!

8. bax699

bax699 Private

yes i agree christina, i dont like the sounds of handing my hard earned money over to a stranger to trade with

9. Quinuiacl12

Quinuiacl12 Recruit

The most hardest thing to do is to find one good PAMM trader who can actually increase your profits and capital. Many of them will probably lose your money, while others will give you only some small percentage of their earnings. At the end, manual trading is always the best option

Olieng38 likes this.
  10. momo3HC

momo3HC Corporal

Or a good EA but i`m still looking for such. ;)

: pamm