Global Anti-Scam Organization (GASO) - FPA Partner

The Punisher

Captain
Some portion of the scammers are lured into these jobs through human trafficking and then forced to steal or they are tortured. The article below has some good information about this.

The Punisher

Captain
GASO partnered with journalists and other non-profit organizations to rescue individuals in Cambodia who were human trafficked and forced into working for romance investment scams. Pictures of the compound and actual owners of the scam companies are detailed in this article.

1655401153668.png

1655401180743.png

1655401217967.png

Skeptical

Recruit
Hello all, I am brand new here. Unfortunately found this place for bad reasons.

Question from a total newbie, is the Global Anti-Scam Org (GASO) really legitimate or part of the scam itself?

They provide good information, but what they ask for (see globalantiscam.org/contact) seems way more than necessary. How do they know everything that is on their website?

Basically worried they are part of a very clever recovery scam.

The Punisher

Captain

Question from a total newbie, is the Global Anti-Scam Org (GASO) really legitimate or part of the scam itself?

They provide good information, but what they ask for (see globalantiscam.org/contact) seems way more than necessary. How do they know everything that is on their website?

GASO is a registered Nonprofit Organization in the US. They are not a recovery company and GASO is staffed by victims of the Pig Butchering scams.

PK494

Sergeant Major

Is totally valid that victims should be skeptical of websites that offer help. GASO was founded by victims of the “sha zhu pan (pig butchering) scam” they understand how devastating a victim of such scams have to go through, they have a lot of useful resources and if you don’t feel comfortable you can always not give any of the info they are asking. They also work very closely with law enforcement and with the victims information, it will help with their investigation but you’re not obligated to give it out. GASO is not a recovery company and will never ask for your money to do any work or promise you that you can get back the money you loss to the scam. So, that’s the difference.

Scam Reporters

Sergeant Major

GASO is not a scam.

What's your story?

Skeptical

Recruit
Thanks for the replies. What is the hard evidence that GASO is not part of the scam though?

PK494, they charge $300 for their crypto tracing service. My concern is not the $300 fee, but whether the personal information they ask for to join will be secure and protected from scammers.

The Punisher

Captain
Thanks for the replies. What is the hard evidence that GASO is not part of the scam though?

PK494, they charge $300 for their crypto tracing service. My concern is not the $300 fee, but whether the personal information they ask for to join will be secure and protected from scammers.
I personally volunteer with GASO, it's not a scam!